+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2434255;
    Technically I believe her incarceration is for a parole violation, not DUI. She pretty much got a slap on the wrist for THAT.
    that is correct.

She has a suspended DL for her DUI, 36 months probation and 1500 dollar fine. She was popped 2 times driving AFTER the DUI/Suspended Lic issues... thats what landed her in court on the 3 strikes rule.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Good God, what a circus.

Now she has to serve the entire 45 days instead of the reduced 23 day sentence.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Greta Van Susternen is saying that she was 2 feet from Paris Hilton and that she was twitching, quivering, shaking uncontrollably and that from her ( Greta's ) lay person's observation, Paris does indeed need some type of medical attention. She thinks it may/may not be drug related, withdrawal, whatever.

While the Judge was called before her release and asked if he would modify his "no home confinement" ruling, the Judge told the Sheriff to file the Medical opinion papers the right way. The Judge then ordered her back to court this morning ... and then heard on the news that the Sheriff had made the decision to let her phone in her court appearance and announced it to the media.

While there might be some political power struggle, it does appear that this circus is all the fault of the Sheriff's department.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sure do hope that this means that early release on shock probation is not a consideration, although I have been amazed at how many people who have killed people while driving drunk have been released on shock probation. That is just wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For the record, I have zero sympathy for Hilton. She initiated all of this circus by her own actions. Yes, I believe it got out of her control in the midst of her trying to manipulate the system, and that she's now caught in something bigger than her. But let's not forget she initiated it by breaking the law willingly -- she had her license suspended and was not legally allowed to drive, yet on any number of news sites, celeb sites, etc., you can find a video or pic of her driving one of her vehicles just about every single day. Almost every single day since having her license suspended she violated the law, and the degree or on what charge is irrelevant. The point is that she initiated the circumstances which led to this circus today, even if it finally got way out of control.

I am not happy or delighted about what is happening to her today, and I know it must be humiliating and very upsetting to her and her family, as it would be no matter who it was happening to. I'm not happy about her tears, but I also have no sympathy for her. And I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that she will profit tremendously from this and that she'll blame everyone but herself for what's happened to her. Not delighted, but not sympathetic either. This is no longer about her, it's about the Sheriff's department and court. As has been said by several talking heads today, the issues between the sheriff's department and the court should have been resolved before Hilton was released, and it never should have gotten to this ridiculous public display today. This entire debacle is just so... well, as I said earlier, you can't write this stuff.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2434313;
    Good God, what a circus.

Now she has to serve the entire 45 days instead of the reduced 23 day sentence.
    Fluff, the media is comparing the interest to O.J. Simpson. Unbelievable.

Paris is really hurting herself with all the histrionics. Screaming is not considered "good behavior" and will not reduce her jail time.

The woman obviously needs medical/mental help ... but the "system" can take care of her in a county facility.

I'm not vengeful, but it does appear that she thumbed her nose at the law ... and that because of privilege, she feels entitled to do so. Nemeses, I believe you are saying that as well only much more eloquently.
    Last edited by echo226; 06-08-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What she did was throw a big, fat temper tantrum. What an idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope charges are raised against Lee Baca, the mega idiot who released her in the first place.

1- DUI, licence suspended, fine and probation.
    2- Caught driving and gets a warning and explanation from the Police Officer.
    3- She drives again and gets caught and tells the Police Officer to talk to her publicist.
    3a- This time the Police Officer takes away her car and her keys and she is charged with the probation violation.
    4- Judge sentences her to 45 days, (reduced by ? to 23 days)
    5- She serves 3 days before Sheriff violates the Judge's double no home confinement order ... it was typed in his ruling and also hand wrote it.
    6- Judge orders her back to court.
    7- She thinks she can phone in her appearance.
    8- Judge says no and orders her brought back.
    9- She delays return by hours.
    10- Judge orders her back to jail for full sentence.

Personally, I think probation was the wrong sentence in the first place and she should have served jail time for the original DUI offense. I mean it's not like she has to go to work to provide for a family and so must be able to drive. Putting her in jail for 30 days in the first place, followed by community service and probation would have been fair.

C'mon -- most of us would be thrown up against the car and hauled off and thrown in a "tank" with a bunch of other drunks. Why not Paris ?

Mohandas Gandhi

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Was this her first DUI? I know the jail time was for probation violation, but I'm just curious if it was her first DUI.

+ Reply to Thread