+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I say they should just give her the chair and call it a day... What's one less idiot socialite?

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2434076;
    I say they should just give her the chair and call it a day... What's one less idiot socialite?
    I think they breed their own replacements, katgib. If the news about Nicole Richie being pregant is true, then they'd probably transfer Paris' essence into that spawn to keep the numbers up.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2434059;
    I tell ya, you can't write stuff like this. What next? A slow speed chase enroute to the courthouse with Paris threatening to kill herself with a loaded makeup case?
    I don't use this smilie often, but it's the only proper response:

The only thing that would make it better would be for it to happen at night, without headlights.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2434131;
    The only thing that would make it better would be for it to happen at night, without headlights.
    lol, that would be perfect, jasmar! Oh, the irony.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I, for one, am very proud of the fact that this whole mess is being discussed in 'miscellaneous celebrity news' and that she doesn't get her own thread.

But it is getting funnier by the minute...

TMZ has learned the reason Paris Hilton is still at home is because the Sheriff's Department refuses to pick her up.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the Sheriff's position is that the judge does not have the power to order her to court. The Sheriff's believe they have sole jurisdiction to monitor and control Hilton while she is under house arrest.

The Sheriff's Department says they are the only ones authorized to take her anywhere. Thus, the standoff in court.

Oooh, constant refresh necessary!!

Paris -- Handcuffed and Tossed Into Cruiser!
    Posted Jun 8th 2007 1:10PM by TMZ Staff

With her hands locked behind her back in a pair of steel handcuffs, Paris Hilton was thrown into the back of a Sheriff's cruiser and is on the way to a courtroom in downtown Los Angeles.

The besieged heiress faced a wall of paparazzi as she made her way down from her West Hollywood home, as news helicopters hovered above her home.

Hilton's ride down the Hollywood Freeway promises to be spectacular!

FORT Fogey

Is the state of California really going to reach the level of a constitutional crisis over Paris Hilton?

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

I'll bet she's loving this. Seriously. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that this was all a publicity stunt. Her "job", after all, is to get her name and face in the news and she's certainly done that.
    Last edited by Carla; 06-08-2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: fix italics

Broadway, I was just coming here to post that update and laugh about it, but I knew you'd be all over it! We've been down this celebrity legal laughtrack before, aye?

And I'm with you, this just gets funnier and funnier. I think I won't even need to watch Comedy Central tonight because nothing could make me laugh more than this circus.

And what makes it even funnier is that it's becoming less and less a story about Paris Hilton and more and more about Los Angeles city and county and the doofus antics.

City: You need to bring Paris here this morning
    County: No we don't
    City: Yes you do
    County: No. We don't.
    City: Then we'll go get her
    County: You can't go get her, we're the only ones who can do that
    City: I'm tellin' mom (aka Judge Sauer)
    County: You're not the boss of me!
    City: Oh yeah?
    County: Yeah!
    Judge: Don't make me come up there
    City: They started it
    County: neener neener neener
    Judge: That's it! City you go sit over there and shut up. County you go get Paris right now and don't talk back to me.
    City: *mumble*
    County: *grumble*

Who's got popcorn?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2434165;
    Is the state of California really going to reach the level of a constitutional crisis over Paris Hilton?
    Exactly! I mean, if the Sheriff's office wants to get into a jurisdictional pissing contest with the court, that's all well & good, but for the love of pete, don't do it in the Paris Hilton case!

This whole mess is a waste of LA County's tax money. Yes, I think she should be punished for her DWI and for driving with a suspended license, but this has gotten out of hand.

+ Reply to Thread