+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5012Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;2433345;
    Does anyone know if there are rules about house arrest other than you are supposed to stay at home? I'm wondering if she can have all the company she wants, throw parties, etc. Hardly seems like punishment. Heck, even I would stay home for 40 days without too much suffering.
    They have said that she has absolutely zero restrictions during house arrest, meaning she can have as many friends as she wants, she can drink as much as she wants, etc.. She just cannot go more than 500 feet from the base of her ankle detector.

And the psychologist that said she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown? Poor widdle Pawis... someone send him to the medical review board. As someone in the legal community said earlier today... there are well over 1000 women at this very moment in the LA jail community and many have been "traumatized" by going to jail. They're not getting out.. they're getting treatment.

The only thing that makes me happy about any of this is that damned LA Sheriff is getting a TON of flack from everyone in the legal community, even HIS. How he can even try to defend this as anything other than blatant favoritism is unthinkable.

But... as I indicated above, at least they didn't just set her scot free like they did with Michelle Rodriguez. This is insane, but that would have been much, much worse.

Now the prosecutors want to throw her back and hold the sheriff who let her go in contempt.

ENTERTAINMENT - Comcast.net

Paris Back to Jail?

Will she stay or will she go?

Hours after Paris Hilton was sprung from jail and placed under house arrest for an unspecified "medical condition," the Los Angeles City's Attorney's Office wants to send her back.

Prosecutors filed court papers Thursday evening with the judge who originally sentenced the heiress to 45 days in jail requesting that the country sheriff's department return the her to custody and that the sheriff be held in contempt of court for letting her go in the first place. (Read the order here.)

Hilton has been ordered to appear in court Friday at 9 a.m. for a hearing on the matter.

With the approval of Sheriff Lee Baca, Hilton was released from the Century Regional Detention Facility shortly after midnight, fitted with a monitoring ankle bracelet and ordered confined to her 2,700-square-foot Hollywood Hills home for the next 40 days.

While she's still technically being punished, the move caused an immediate outcry by many who perceived the sheriff's actions as an affront to the justice system, especially since Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer had specifically ordered that the Simple Life star not be given alternative custody or electronic monitoring.

City attorney spokesman Nick Velasquez said earlier Thursday that the office had been "inundated with calls and emails form people," with "100 percent of them" angry about Hilton's release.

Although the exact terms of her in-house confinement are unknown—who's allowed to visit, whether she can entertain, etc.—most people are figuring that whatever goes on is going to be a pretty posh alternative to spending the next 19 days in a county lockup.

Breaking news. More to come.
    Last edited by dagwood; 06-07-2007 at 10:54 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Me thinks someone needs to check the Sheriff's bank account for any recent large deposits :nono

Heh. Based upon your last post, dagwood.. I went on TMZ.com and found the City Attorney's comment from earlier today. This guy has my respect!

L.A. City Attorney "Extremely Troubled" by Paris Decision
    Another official is blasting the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department over the decision to reassign Paris Hilton to house arrest.

In a statement to TMZ, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo said:

"Today I was extremely troubled to learn that the Sheriff's Department has decided to release Ms. Hilton from custody just three days after she was admitted to county jail.

My office was not advised of this action. We learned of it this morning through news reports, just like everyone else. Had we been provided with the proper notification, we would have opposed the decision on legal grounds.

News reports indicate that the Sheriff's Department released Ms. Hilton to house arrest due to a medical condition. This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates.

I am also concerned that the judicial process may have been improperly circumvented in this case. Ms. Hilton was incarcerated as a condition of her probation. As a result, the judge retained jurisdiction over her case and only the judge has the power to modify these conditions of probation. If Ms. Hilton's medical condition truly warranted a change in her circumstances, what should have happened is the following: Ms. Hilton's legal counsel should have filed an emergency application with the court and provided my office with the opportunity to respond, and then the court could have held a hearing on the matter to consider whether there was sufficient justification to change the terms of his original order. I have directed my criminal branch to immediately explore all possible legal options to ensure that the law is being applied equally and justly in this case.

If law enforcement officials are to enjoy the respect of those we are charged with protecting, we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment. We must ensure that in our city, in our nation, and under our Constitution, justice remains blind."

FORT Fogey

There is a hearing tommarrow at 9 am. Send her back to jail.

And keep her for a few extra years for good measure. In solitary confinement, of course.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Won't it be great if they make her go back? I'm sure everyone who goes to jail for the first time has emotional distress. Especially if you aren't a hardened criminal. They have to tough it out. So should she. I would tack on the rest of her sentence just for sh**s and giggles....

It's actually going to be interesting what happens. Although, from what I'm reading, her release is in violation of the Judge's original sentencing order, I'm also gathering that it's the Sheriff, and not the Judge or City Attorney that's responsible for deciding when inmates are released.

So, there's actually a larger issue at hand than if Paris needs to eat jail grub or not, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2433531;
    Me thinks someone needs to check the Sheriff's bank account for any recent large deposits :nono
    Great minds think alike that's what I was thinking. All these yrs Paris has been seeking fame and glory and it is not biting her in the butt. Send the media 'ho back to jail and send the Reverand Sharpton as her cell mate.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leo
    Premium Member

We know Paris is dumb, but apparently it's contagious. The sheriff should have known this would be questioned, and I'm surprised he didn't dot all his i's and cross his t's. If you're going to let someone off relatively easy, at least they ought to have made sure it would hold up in court. (If that was possible, which may or may not be the case.)

+ Reply to Thread