+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

She HAS to drive ... when she's behind the wheel of a nice flashy car, we peeons are supposed to be MUCH more impressed with the car than we are if she's just being driven somewhere. It makes us wish we were her even more ... really, Paris said so.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2433232;
    Am I the only one who....if I were that rich, would never drive myself anywhere? I'd always have a driver! I hate to drive. It's so....boring. I could sit in the back and read or listen to music, or nap...or be falling down drunk and know I was making it from point A to point B safely. These celebretards confuse me.

See, I was just thinking recently that I'll bet Phil Spector now wishes he'd driven himself instead of always having a driver.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2433240;
    See, I was just thinking recently that I'll bet Phil Spector now wishes he'd driven himself instead of always having a driver.
    That made me choke a little to read.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Huh?? Anyone else having a nervous breakdown over 23 days in the county jail would be sent to the psych ward for evaluation, not sent home with an ankle bracelet. Sickening.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2432961;
    You're more of an optimist than I am. I don't even think she'll stay in this weekend. But if she's wearing a monitoring bracelet maybe she actually will stay put. But I think her house arrest should have been at a "commoners" house, like mine lol! She'd think she was filming the next version of The Simple Life if she lived with me!
    LOL! I've been around here long enough to know that there are a few Forters that could whip her into shape real fast.

Leo
    Premium Member

Pop quiz: how do you make a silly situation worse? Why, add in a healthy dose of Al Sharpton, of course!

Outrage: Sharpton Bashes Paris Transfer - Paris Hilton : People.com

The Rev. Al Sharpton delivered a rebuke to the California justice system for allowing Paris Hilton to leave jail and serve her sentence at home, saying the move reveals a dangerous double standard.

"This early release gives all the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color," the civil-rights leader and president of National Action Network said Thursday, according to the Drudge Report. "There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released."

Sharpton said he has "nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton," pointing out that he appeared with her on Saturday Night Live in 2003. But he said the decision to transfer her from a Los Angeles County prison to her own home, where she will be under house arrest, is unconscionable.

"I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted, which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me," Sharpton said. "This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise."

Sharpton was not alone in condemning Hilton's transfer, as many pundits took to the cable-news shows Thursday afternoon to voice their outrage over the decision.

Even the women of The View weighed in on the move Thursday morning. While Elisabeth Hasselbeck said she found it "disgusting," Barbara Walters said, "I'm happy for Paris and I'm happy for her family" and guest host Lorraine Bracco admitted, "I'm so conflicted."

The studio audience, however, was unanimous. When Walters said, "I ask you very quickly, raise hands or shout out: Are you glad that Paris Hilton is reassigned to her home?" the crowd shouted in unison, "No!" Asked Walters, "Do you think it was the right thing to do?" Again: "No!" (See the video below.)

One man who did not seem upset in the least, however, was boxing promoter Don King. According to TMZ.com, King called the Web site's offices on Thursday morning to say he was "ecstatic" about the news. "I love Paris Hilton, and I'm just delighted, ecstatic that she's out of jail," King says in the audio message. King said he has not met Hilton, but he knows her family, and he said the heiress is "what America is all about – people that stand out from the crowd."

King added that he is looking forward to giving Hilton a hug and "telling her I love her."

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Does anyone know if there are rules about house arrest other than you are supposed to stay at home? I'm wondering if she can have all the company she wants, throw parties, etc. Hardly seems like punishment. Heck, even I would stay home for 40 days without too much suffering.

The Rev. Al Sharpton delivered a rebuke to the California justice system for allowing Paris Hilton to leave jail and serve her sentence at home, saying the move reveals a dangerous double standard.

"This early release gives all the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color," the civil-rights leader and president of National Action Network said Thursday, according to the Drudge Report. "There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released."
    Please, Reverand do not make this a racial issue. Yes, it is an economic issue but not a racial issue. I really hate when people try to make eveything that happens in life a racial issue. Some people will say anything to get their names in print. The Reverand Sharpton is as much a media whore are Paris Hilton.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2432933;
    What medical condition? Did she forget to pack her Valtrex?

You almost made me spit my soda out my nose.

She is a big baby. I guess next time one of us is in jail, we need to cry and they will let us out.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2432852;
    One reason I can imagine the jail let her out very early is Paris was a giant pain in the rear to guard - not because of her, but from her fellow inmates. She might as well have walked in with a bullseye on her forehead. It's the kind of situation I can imagine a warden saying, "Find a way to get her out of here. I don't care where you put her or let her go, so long as it's not MY problem."
    Leo, she was only in the presence of other inmates for an hour a day. If they can't guard her for a single hour a day, then... wow. Just wow.

One man who did not seem upset in the least, however, was boxing promoter Don King. According to TMZ.com, King called the Web site's offices on Thursday morning to say he was "ecstatic" about the news. "I love Paris Hilton, and I'm just delighted, ecstatic that she's out of jail," King says in the audio message. King said he has not met Hilton, but he knows her family, and he said the heiress is "what America is all about people that stand out from the crowd."
    Geez. I always knew Don King was a moron, but this statement takes the cake.

Several reports have already said it's not due to over crowding so it makes the situation look even worse(damn, now i can't find that article ). This looks like special treatment from the beginning, from getting her sentence reduced by 50% to being given her own cell.
    1. Sentence reduction: That apparently WAS due to overcrowding, and isn't that unusual. The "pre-emptive good behavior" thing makes it sound like a crock, but apparently that's the weak terminology they use for "is not likely to cause trouble".

2. Own cell: That was so nobody killed her.

3. Home arrest: Absolute B.S. with no real justification. Yes, it was a crock. Unless the "wouldn't eat her food" excuse is a cover for some other reason.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread