+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Po' widdle Paris
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown because of all the stress from my job. Can I leave work? How about 40 days working from home with an ankle bracelet on?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

Re: Paris Hilton is out!

oh my. i soooo knew it. welcome to the american justice

Hard not to laugh at today's Paris Hilton news. I mean, who really believed she'd serve much of her sentence which had already been cut in half before she even began serving it? Gotta laugh, because the injustice and absurdity of it all would be too overwhelming, otherwise.

And this is what I find the funniest part:

Paris Hilton on 6/4/07: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. .... This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions."

Apparently not.

Paris Hilton, also on 6/4/07: "Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

Ready to begin it, perhaps... just not ready to serve it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

"The reason for releasing her had nothing to do with a rash or other physical issues. It was purely in her head."
    Wait! Is this what I think it is? A possible actual medical verification that there actually IS something in Paris Hilton's head?!

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Wow...yet another reminder that if you wanna get away with a crime, become a celebrity first. Way to go, justice system. Nice to see we are all treated equal.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2432862;
    Agreed with both points. Paris was in a protected part of the jail and had her own cell, not out of necessity but because they had the room. This wasn't an overcrowding situation in her area.

Her medical situation was that she was having a hissy fit/mental breakdown. There wasn't anything "overly" generous going on here as evidenced by the fact that Paris isn't going scot free... she will be serving her full sentence now under house arrest. I wish they would have mandated no visitors, however.
    Several reports have already said it's not due to over crowding so it makes the situation look even worse(damn, now i can't find that article ). This looks like special treatment from the beginning, from getting her sentence reduced by 50% to being given her own cell.
    Yup! She's really going to learn a lesson from this: when you're rich and famous....you know how this ends.

As per the 'medical condition', her pre-existing one is herpes so she had a flare up? Because if it's her mental state they're worried about, her's shouldn't take precedent over anyone else. I mean, is it really more fragile then yours or mine? Well, maybe it might. I mean, when has she actually had to own up to her responsibilities?

eta: I'm appalled that she'd been praised for 'surviving' her 3 days in jail and getting her sentence innitially reduced for 'good behavior'.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

And you just know Nicole Ritchie will be using the same tactics if she's ever sentenced to jail for her DUI. Because of her past eating disorder problems I'm sure she'll also refuse to eat and suffer mental anguish and be released because she may have a set back or something. If she ever sees a day in jail that is. Penalties for crimes regarding celebrities has rarely ever been the same for us regular folks and I doubt it ever will be.

I couldn't believe they let Paris go after only 3 days in jail because she would eat the prison food and the authorities were worried about her health. If I did what she did I would be stuck in for 90 days. It is just another example of a rich kid getting off scout free. I wonder how mommy and daddy will feel when Paris kills someone or herself next time she drives drunk?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Am I the only one who....if I were that rich, would never drive myself anywhere? I'd always have a driver! I hate to drive. It's so....boring. I could sit in the back and read or listen to music, or nap...or be falling down drunk and know I was making it from point A to point B safely. These celebretards confuse me.

+ Reply to Thread