+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Once more Paris Hilton proves she's brain dead and disconnected from any version of reality. She wants to look "glam" for her perp walk. This is NOT a joke...

Showbiz - News - Hilton plans dramatic jail entrance - Digital Spy

Hilton plans dramatic jail entrance

Saturday, June 2 2007, 11:01 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly

Paris Hilton has decided that she wants to make a dramatic entrance into jail next week.

The hotel heiress has booked a hair and make-up team to help her look "glamorous" for photographers when she checks into the Century Regional Detention Facility.

Hilton must report to the facility by Tuesday, but sources close to the star have claimed that she is planning to enter jail a day early so that pictures can be taken in time for next week's US celebrity magazines.

One friend told The Sun: "If she's going to jail she's going to make her entrance as glamorous as possible. She wants the media to see her looking her best."
    Her new pals at the jail are already angry with the socialite before she's even arrived...

CTV.ca | Some prison inmates already angry at Paris Hilton

Some prison inmates already angry at Paris Hilton

Updated Sun. Jun. 3 2007 8:26 AM ET

Associated Press

LYNWOOD, Calif. -- Many women at the Los Angeles County jail where Paris Hilton is expected to arrive any day are already angry at the socialite, a former inmate said.

Susannah Johnson, who was released Saturday after a one-day stay at the jail, said inmates were angry at Hilton, believing officials were making room for the starlet at the expense of other inmates already coping with crowded conditions in the 2,200-bed jail.

"The only advice I could give her when she comes is to shut her mouth and do the time," said Johnson, 35, of Claremont.

Hilton has been ordered to turn herself in by Tuesday to begin her sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

Some 15 photographers, reporters and television crews staked out positions at three entrances to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. Authorities had also cordoned off a grassy area outside the jail for members of the media.

"Today, Paris is the story," said Robert Penfold, a TV reporter with Australia's Nine Network.

As of Saturday night, however, the hotel heiress had yet to appear. By then, most of the media had packed up their folding chairs and tripods, though a handful of remaining reporters bundled up in the cooling temperatures.

Adrian Sanchez, a photographer with Agencia Efe, a Spanish language wire service, said he was "bored, hungry and cold."

The 13-year-old jail, five miles south of downtown Los Angeles, has been an all-female facility since March 2006. The two-story concrete building sits in an industrial neighborhood, beside train tracks and beneath a bustling freeway.

Though a judge sentenced her to 45 days behind bars, Hilton is expected to serve only 23 days because of a state law that requires shorter sentences for good behavior, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Once she arrives, the "Simple Life" star will be housed in the jail's "special needs" unit.

Like other inmates in the special-needs area, Hilton will take her meals in her cell and will be allowed outside the 12-foot-by-8-foot space for at least an hour each day to shower, watch TV in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone.

Inmates are not allowed to bring cell phones into the jail.

Besides a decidedly unglamorous orange jumpsuit, inmates are issued a standard-issue kit that includes: a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, soap, a comb, deodorant, shampoo and shaving implements, along with a jail-issued pencil, stationery, envelopes and stamps.

Officers arrested Hilton in Hollywood on Sept. 7. In January, she pleaded no contest to the reckless-driving charge and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

She was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol on Jan. 15. Officers informed Hilton she was driving on a suspended license and she signed a document acknowledging she was not to drive. She was pulled over again by sheriff's deputies Feb. 27 and was charged with violating her probation.
    Sadly for the poor little rich girl, she won't be allowed to do interviews from inside the slammer...

Halifax, The Daily News: Entertainment/HFX | Sheriff won't allow Hilton to do in-jail interviews

Sheriff won't allow Hilton to do in-jail interviews print this article

Sheriff Lee Baca said Friday that Paris Hilton will not be allowed to give television interviews while serving her jail sentence and that aggressive steps were being taken to prevent cameras from being smuggled into the facility.

Hilton was ordered to begin her sentence by Tuesday at a county jail in Lynwood, about eight kilometres south of Los Angeles.

Baca told the Los Angeles Times that deputies and jail employees have been told to treat the 26-year-old heiress like any other inmate.

"Paying a debt to society should not be an element of her celebrity," Baca said. "Her occupation is publicity, but no one should profit in jail."

Hilton could report to jail before Tuesday, but as of Friday afternoon had not done so, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Hollywood photo agencies expect a photo of Hilton in jail would be worth big money.

"The reality is why don't they just let her walk down the concrete carpet," said Frank Griffin, co-owner of the Bauer-Griffin paparazzi agency. "This is going to be turned into an event like the Oscars."

Hilton was sentenced last month to 45 days for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless-driving case after repeatedly driving her car while her license was suspended.
    Meanwhile, gal pal (when convenient) Nicole Richie is apparently terrified that she will be "exploited just like Paris and sent to jail like any peasant...

Tittle-Tattle Too: Nicole Richie Fears Being 'Exploited' Like Paris Hilton - The Post Chronicle

Nicole Richie Fears Being 'Exploited' Like Paris Hilton
    By Staff
    Jun 1, 2007

Socialite Nicole Richie fears following in the footsteps of her Simple Life partner by being "exploited" and sentenced to a jail term.

Hotel heiress Hilton has to report to Los Angeles' Century Regional Detention Center by 5 June (07) to start serving her sentence for violating her probation following a 2006 drink-driving arrest.

And Richie worries she will be incarcerated too.

She says, "Sometimes people just get exploited. I can only hope that doesn't happen to me." (c) WENN
    The worst news of all for young Paris? No more crappy music from her. Her label has dropped her. Boo-hoo!

Paris Hilton Dropped by Label at Hollywood.com

Hilton Dropped by Label
    By WENN | Saturday, June 02, 2007

Paris Hilton
    Photo Gallery
    HOLLYWOOD - Prison-bound socialite Paris Hilton has been dropped by her record label after lackluster sales of debut pop album Paris failed to impress music execs.

The 26-year-old, who is heading to jail next week for a 23-day stint after violating her probation following a 2006 drunk-driving arrest, is said to be devastated over the decision.

The company is thought to be disappointed after investing $250,000 in a video for single "Stars Are Blind"--which reached No. 18 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 charts--and a world promotional tour that brought in less that half a million record sales.

Hilton's second single, "Nothing in This World," barely registered on the charts, reaching No. 89 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Charts and the LP vanished after a brief appearance at No. 6 on the Billboard album charts after selling 77,000 copies.

A representative for Warner Brothers said, "We are not expecting any new Paris Hilton material in the foreseeable future."

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2428603;
    Once more Paris Hilton proves she's brain dead and disconnected from any version of reality. She wants to look "glam" for her perp walk. This is NOT a joke...

Her new pals at the jail are already angry with the socialite before she's even arrived...

Sadly for the poor little rich girl, she won't be allowed to do interviews from inside the slammer...

Meanwhile, gal pal (when convenient) Nicole Richie is apparently terrified that she will be "exploited just like Paris and sent to jail like any peasant...

The worst news of all for young Paris? No more crappy music from her. Her label has dropped her. Boo-hoo!

Ooohhh, I can't wait to see her "dramatic" entrance into the slammer. Better yet, I can't wait to see her really dramatic exit from the slammer. After three weeks without beauty treatments, manicures, pedicures, hair gels and all that stuff, she is going to look lovely! HA! I bet someone somewhere will have a split screen showing the before and after pics!

I bet she will spend that free time on the phone or maybe watching some TV. I can't see her interacting with the masses, doing outdoor activities, or taking showers with the gals!

And to Nicole Richie's fears of being exploited, um, dear, one cannot be exploited if they mind their Ps and Qs and don't break the law!

I actually heard on some talk show a few days ago, that many of Paris' friends are saying that jail is going to be good for Paris. They say that she is going to lose a lot of weight while in jail and will look HOT when she comes out.

David Hyde Pierce comes out of the closet

Frasier star and Tony-nominated actor David Hyde Pierce is officially out of the closet. But was he pushed?

AfterElton.com reports that a recent AP article casually alluded to Pierce's "partner," Brian Hargrove. While this normally wouldn't ring any alarms, Pierce, 48, has never spoken about the topic publicly, and has previously said "I don't talk about my personal life."

When the website called Pierce's reps to confirm the pairing, they were told that the AP story was accurate.

The announcement comes shortly after Pierce was controversially named in Out Magazine's "Gay Power List." While AfterElton claims that Pierce's sexuality "has always been an open secret within the artistic community," it looks like he, like Lance Bass, T.R. Knight and Neil Patrick Harris before him, was nudged by the press to make it officially known.
    David Hyde Pierce Comes Out | Usmagazine.com

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2429081;
    After three weeks without beauty treatments, manicures, pedicures, hair gels and all that stuff, she is going to look lovely! HA! I bet someone somewhere will have a split screen showing the before and after pics!

I bet she will spend that free time on the phone or maybe watching some TV. I can't see her interacting with the masses, doing outdoor activities, or taking showers with the gals!
    Oh, I have no doubt when Hilton walks out after her prison stay she'll look her usual self (I can't say "lovely self" since I happen to think she's very UNattractive, in spite of what she thinks about herself). They don't just get released and shoved out the door. I'm sure she'll have whoever comes to pick her up that day come with makeup and hair stuff that she'll take time to apply before walking out the door, knowing photogs will be there.

And she won't be spending all or even most of her time on the phone or watching tv... she only gets an hour a day out of her cell during which she can phone people or watch tv if she wants. It would be lovely to think that during those other 23 hours she might actually spend some of that time contemplating her wasted life and how she might actually improve her useless self, but I think we all know that isn't about to happen.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I agree Nemesis. I think Paris is very UNattractive. She reminds me of a bird for some reason. She has no figure, nasty fake hair and a wonky eye. Why she thinks she is so beautiful is beyond me. When Nicole Richie has some weight on her, she is far prettier than Paris. That whole group are nothing but skanks. Coked up skanks. Great role models for our youth.

Frasier star and Tony-nominated actor David Hyde Pierce is officially out of the closet. But was he pushed?
    Yet another case of an outed star where everyone in the world goes "we knew that already!" after the story broke...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Paris Hilton checks into L.A. jail - News - Yahoo! TV

Today at 12:46 am
    LYNWOOD, Calif. (AP) -- Paris Hilton has reported to a Los Angeles County jail to begin a three-week stay for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.
    The 26-year-old heiress was booked late Sunday into the Century Regional Detention Facility in an industrial area about five miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles, according to the sheriff's inmate locator Web site

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2429167;
    I agree Nemesis. I think Paris is very UNattractive. She reminds me of a bird for some reason.
    Probably has something to do with that beak-like nose of hers.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Sorry for the double post, but did anyone else see the comment made by Sarah Silverman (aimed at Paris Hilton) at the MTV awards show? It's on YouTube. Paris was not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2429380;
    Sorry for the double post, but did anyone else see the comment made by Sarah Silverman (aimed at Paris Hilton) at the MTV awards show? It's on YouTube. Paris was not happy.
    It can also be found on MTV's homepage:
    Sarah Silverman Disses Paris And Rips Hollywood A New *@&#%! Music Video | 2007 MTV Movie Awards: Most Talked-About Moments | MTV

+ Reply to Thread