+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4615Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2426027;
    Maybe I've got him confused with Rock Hudson, or maybe he was one of the passle of Hollywood pretty boys who were bisexual.
    Your memory isn't entirely faulty, jasmar Tony is one of those Hollywood pretty boys who's career has been peppered with rumors of bisexualty since the 1950's. He's definately had a long slew of female conquests, but the other rumors persist. That's probably what you're remembering.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2426217;
    Don't underestimate the power of La Hohan, i mean Lohan.
    I don't underestimate it, it's just that in my career I'm in a position to know about that subject, it's not conjecture . And the Svedka vodka sponsorship you're talking about is not something they were going to pay her for, it was to sponsor the party, which means pick up the bill, not pay her. However that particular 'deal' was not what has been reported in the tabloids in the past couple of months (though the truth should start to surface in the next couple of weeks). There's a world of difference oftentimes between what a celeb's PR people put out to be reported and what is actually the situation. Especially when the celeb and a member of their family have lips not prone to truth or ethics.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2426591;
    Your memory isn't entirely faulty, jasmar Tony is one of those Hollywood pretty boys who's career has been peppered with rumors of bisexualty since the 1950's. He's definately had a long slew of female conquests, but the other rumors persist. That's probably what you're remembering.
    he also dressed in drag in movies a few times, which fueled the rumors (at least back then)

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2425966;
    Tony Curtis got women? I thought he was gay.
    Nahh, he's not gay. It's from a scene he did in Spartucus, he was a body servant to this rich salcious old Roman who was putting the make on him in the baths (the scene was pretty scandalous at the time, but seems very tame to our modern jaded eyes). It was a very 'gay' scene and Curtis mentions it as the one everyone remembers from that movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

and then there was Some Like It Hot - where he was in drag with Jack Lemmon.

That was the ony BFD was referring to. I loved that movie! But it was fairly recent rumors, about ten years ago. Whatevah.

I was just watching the Stony Curtis episode of the Flintstones on DVD the other day. They also had one with Rock Hudson and Cary Granite, which was what got me thinking along these lines.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2426617;
    I don't underestimate it, it's just that in my career I'm in a position to know about that subject, it's not conjecture . And the Svedka vodka sponsorship you're talking about is not something they were going to pay her for, it was to sponsor the party, which means pick up the bill, not pay her. However that particular 'deal' was not what has been reported in the tabloids in the past couple of months (though the truth should start to surface in the next couple of weeks). There's a world of difference oftentimes between what a celeb's PR people put out to be reported and what is actually the situation. Especially when the celeb and a member of their family have lips not prone to truth or ethics.

I wasn't talking about the Vodka deal but the venue it would take place at.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2427707;
    I wasn't talking about the Vodka deal but the venue it would take place at.
    That's Caesar's Palace's Pure, they do those kinds of sponsored parties for celebs all the time.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 06-02-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Ahh, and yet again Lindsay Lohan's fervent declaration that this time she's serious about her rehab fails to sound even remotely sincere. After checking once again into Promises rehab this past Monday after her weekend debacle, and after declaring to the police and public that this time she realizes she has to take rehab seriously and is going into a "serious medical treatment program" there, she's back to her old tricks of using the revolving door at Promises. TMZ reporting that Lohan left the rehab center Thursday, claiming she was just going to the gym for a workout. She was seen again late last night "heading to the gym".

I guess the extensive exercise and workout facilities at Promises aren't to her liking.

"Promises" needs to be mocked and laughed out of existence.

Then again, if that happened another similar "P.R. vacation spot" would pop up and take its place.

Hey, I love this, from 2005:

No Joke -- Lindsay Laughs During Drunk Driving PSA - TMZ.com

Shot in May, 2005, the PSA features the then-blonde 18-year-old laughing -- after pop band A Simple Plan says, "Please don't drink and drive." Hysterical, isn't it?!

Lindsay manages to compose herself long enough to utter the words "Be safe!" and flash her trademark peace sign. If only she had taken her own advice!
    The video itself is posted over on TMZ.

And back on the Lindsey/Promises beat.. Apparently Lindsey can duck out for coffee or to go to the gym, but she hasn't decided if its better for her (or her shaky image) to duck out for an awards show, or if she will actually claim she "can't get a pass". Because claiming that might sound even sillier now, right?

Will LiLo Stand Up MTV? - TMZ.com

Will LiLo Stand Up MTV?

Posted Jun 2nd 2007 4:00PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Awards/Awards Shows
    Will Lindsay Lohan pull a Whitney at this year's MTV Movie Awards and not show up? As of last week, La Lohan was still on MTV's star-studded roster, which includes Mandy Moore, Jessica Alba, Katherine Heigl, and current and former Justin Timberlake flames Jessica Biel and Cameron Diaz. The L.A. Times spoke with MTV spokesperson Emily Yeomans, who said that they "just don't know" for sure if LiLo's going to be able to get a pass from Promises to attend. A very connected TMZ source told TMZ he/she would "shocked" if she appeared
    Last edited by Krom; 06-02-2007 at 06:47 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread