+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh, no blushing! I'm sorry. I'm an entertainment news junkie which is why I've seen the reports before.. but I know that many probably haven't until now because of all of the pseudo rehabs this year.

I can see the publicity these people pull for the bars involved, but I cannot believe they're allowed to promote underage drinking in that manner.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

What I've found interesting in reading all this gossip stuff is that alot of these incidents and stuff seem to happen leaving or going to the restaurant, Les Deux...Mike Boogie's restaurant.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2425265;
    ... that club owners are paying celebs exhorbitant amounts of money just to show up! I heard about it on The View. Lindsey herself commands a whopping $400,000.00 just to show her face at a nightclub.
    Like Broadway said, paying and/or comping celebs to show up at their clubs isn't anything new, it's been done since celebs and photographers found each other in Hollywood, and PR-minded business owners saw the potential.

Back in their days, Rita Hayworth received many 'gifts' of diamond jewelry to show up at certain restaurants and clubs on a regular basis, in order for tourists, non-celeb locals, and locals who just want to rub elbows with the stars to come spend their money there in hopes of seeing stars. Tony Curtis used to receive 'gifts' of women and liquor. Vincent Price received expensive wines. Lana Turner and Jean Harlow received cases of Dom Perignon champagne. Even further back, Clara Bow received cases of liquor, Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks both received free cars. So it's not a new practice by a long shot, although comparitively speaking, the payouts are much less of a value now, and the window is much smaller for who qualifies as someone the newer clubs want to 'comp.' It's usually done only when a club is trying to gain a rep as a hot spot, and only for a short period of time... or picks up again if a competing new club looks like it might take some of their traffic.

One thing I can 100% guarantee you though is that Lindsay Lohan is NOT being paid $400,000 to show up at Les Deux, Parc, Hyde, or any other LA hot spot. Whoever said that on The View is clueless or just repeating gossip. Lohan was never in that league, even before she became a train wreck. And these payouts/comps aren't in the form of paychecks or just checks, they come in the form of gifts or 'contributions to your favorite charity' (paid to the celeb, and it's anyone's guess if the money goes anywhere but their pockets), or comps (as in they and their guests can party/eat/drink all they want and never pay a thing for it). Paris Hilton is probably about at the top of the Pay To Show list, and I'd make an educated guess that her PTS comp would only come to around $200-250k annually for all her PTS appearances. I'd be really surprised if Lohan brought in $75k in the past year -- she's just not in that league, and because of her age and reputation for being out of control, she's seen as more of a liability than an asset in most of the hot places. And by the way, there are actually agents these celebs can and do often use to find these nice little golden eggs.

P.S.: We're trying to get Newfherder an sweet little deal to show up at Hyde every Thursday nite in his speedos, and get him a nice little paycheck for that too.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2425536;
    What I've found interesting in reading all this gossip stuff is that alot of these incidents and stuff seem to happen leaving or going to the restaurant, Les Deux...Mike Boogie's restaurant.......
    yeah, i noticed that too ... i'm sure that's no accident!

Tony Curtis got women? I thought he was gay.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I don't remember him being gay, but he was always a 'pretty' boy.
    yes, I had a crush on him in my younger days.

Tony Curtis is Jamie-Lee Curtis' dad - not that that means anything I guess.

What gets me is that these kids making boat loads of money.. why the heck don't they hire a car for the night?? It's not like they have to decide between cab fare and another beer. Sheesh!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Maybe I've got him confused with Rock Hudson, or maybe he was one of the passle of Hollywood pretty boys who were bisexual. Oh well, not exactly life changing subject.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2425536;
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if he got busted for contributing to this crap.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'd be really surprised if Lohan brought in $75k in the past year -- she's just not in that league, and because of her age and reputation for being out of control, she's seen as more of a liability than an asset in most of the hot places.
    Don't underestimate the power of La Hohan, i mean Lohan. Their was a recent investigative report on Vh1 about Out of controll Hollywood and they mentioned that she is paid quite nicely to drop into some clubs. Hell, as of recently she was brokering a deal to have her party at one of Vegas' popular nightclubs and they were going to pay her close to half a mil for a 2 day fest. Just for having her party there.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread