+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122621125121012 ... LastLast
Like Tree4624Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    'Screech' Hopes to Be Saved by the T-Shirt

MILWAUKEE (AP) - More than a bell is needed to save Dustin Diamond this time around. Diamond, best known as geeky Screech Powers on the 1989-1993 teen comedy series "Saved by the Bell," is selling T-shirts with his photo on them to try to raise $250,000 so he doesn't lose his gray two-story house under a foreclosure order.

"If the public didn't care, I as an entertainer wouldn't have been a success," he said.

Diamond, 29, is trying to sell nearly 30,000 shirts - at $15 or $20 (autographed) each - to supplement the income he makes as a standup comic so he doesn't have to move from his Port Washington home, about 25 miles north of Milwaukee.

The T-shirt has a photo of Diamond holding a sign that says, "Save My House." The back of the shirt reads, "I paid $15.00 to save Screeech's house." The third "e" was added to get around copyright laws, he said.

He's selling the shirts on his Web site: http://www.getdshirts.com.

The foreclosure order was filed last month in Ozaukee County Circuit Court.

Diamond appeared on Howard Stern's satellite radio show Tuesday to plead his case. "I'm doing great with my comedy, but this is definitely a low point," he said. "Real life comes in and affects you."

Diamond doesn't have a listed phone number, and e-mails to the address on his Web site and at an alternative address were not immediately returned Thursday.

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editoria...der=y&ac=0&ck=

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    That's all I gotta say about that....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with Jared Leto? Why is it that all of the single young celebrity women all end up dating him for any period of time? He looks like a homely little scrawny ^%$&...... so I guess I just answered my own question. He must have a great personality, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Oh he's beautiful, Broadway. Very Mchottie.
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-12-2006 at 01:43 AM.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I agree Broadway....he doesn't do much for me either....don't see what all the fuss is about!

and I like Jack Black....seen him on Leno the other night! I'm happy for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Can someone please explain to me the fascination with Jared Leto? Why is it that all of the single young celebrity women all end up dating him for any period of time? He looks like a homely little scrawny ^%$&...... so I guess I just answered my own question. He must have a great personality, eh?
    Bland pretty boys seem to be very popular with bland pretty girls. Those of us with character, brains and personality seem to prefer someone with same, regardless of what they look like .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Jared is not my type (not that I think I necessarily have a "type") but I think he's kind of an artsy type guy...he appeals to me kinda like Johnny Depp does...not a classically gorgeous guy, tho they do have great cheekbones, but someone who I could see writing me a beautiful poem and taking me to an art museum or to a wine tasting expo.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This article is one of the funniest I've read in awhile. I kept waiting for it to say, "Gotcha! Just kidding!". It's that ridiculous. It made me laugh like crazy, though. It made me think of the "walk-off" in Zoolander.

Lindsay and Paris: Dancing Fools

Talking out their problems didn't work. Neither did shouting about them. That left feather-brained foes Paris Hilton, 25, and Lindsay Lohan, 19, with just one booty-shaking way to settle the score.

Yup, in the surest sign yet that it's definitely on, the hobby-needing nemeses acted out their own low-budget version of "You Got Served" by going toe-to-beat-stomping-toe in an extended dance-off.

People reports the hoofing hostilities took place in the early hours of June 14 at New York hotspot Stereo, where Lindsay was assisting a DJ friend spinning an '80s set when Paris, who reportedly got in her face Monday night over her coziness with Paris' ex, Stavros Niarchos, turned up.

Faster than you can say "everybody dance now," the feuding starlets were squaring off in the VIP section, ignoring one another as they busted a move for hours on end.

"Neither wanted to leave and it kept going," a spy tells the mag. "They were really dancing, nonstop. It was funny. They didn't say a word to each other, but they were literally a foot-and-a-half away from each other the entire time."

Star, meanwhile, says tensions escalated when Paris arrived at the club with a posse of girlfriends and forced Lindsay and her male companions to move tables.

"Lindsay was pissed!" recounts a bystander.

Before long, they were getting down on the dance floor for what the tab describes as a "steamy" bump-and-grind session.

"They got up to dance with their friends, and they're barely a foot away from each other," another witness tattles to Star. "Lindsay was all over two of her guy friends, grinding and dirty dancing. Meanwhile, Paris was doing a stripper dance with her girlfriend. It was obvious they were trying to outdo each other."

The junior-high-style rivals then seemed to resort to telepathy to get their point across, with the onlooker asserting, "As they were dancing, they were eyeing each other, and giving each other really dirty looks. It was like Paris was saying through her looks, 'You stole my man!' and Lindsay's looks were like, 'What are you going to do about it?'"

Around 4:30 a.m., continues still another chatty snitch, "Lindsay looked like she got very upset about something -- it looked like Paris said something to make her mad. Lindsay picked up her stuff and left in a huff. Paris couldn't help laughing, like she'd won the battle."

The club's promoter tells the tabloid that Hilton exited the club around 6 a.m. and "seemed disappointed that there were no photographers waiting for her, but she had that look like she'd won a big prize!"

People, however, labels the contest a draw, reporting the surprisingly energetic starlets kept the two-stepping tussle going until the club shut down at 7 a.m.

"Round one is over," the mole tells the magazine. "Maybe we'll have round two."

This isn't the first time Lindsay has attempted to work out some relationship issues through the healing powers of boogie. In April 2005, she reportedly engaged in an equally angry dance-off with ex-boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama.

"The two of them would glance at each other, and then dance harder," a source told People at the time. "They did not say a word to each other the whole night."
    http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossipc4
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FINALLY

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban finally acknowledge that they're back home in order to get married.

I'm very happy for them. She's going to make an absolutely stunning bride (and he an absolutely hunky hubby), and I hope that, despite all of their efforts to maintain privacy, that we're able to see some form of formal pictures in the near future.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Gwen and her little king.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Nicole and Keith would likely have some very cute babies, if they so choose to have any. I wish them well.

+ Reply to Thread