+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4986Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Lohan checks into rehab after car crash - Yahoo! News
    Hopefully she sticks it out this time.
    By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 1 hour, 16 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES -
    Lindsay Lohan has checked into rehab. The move followed a weekend during which the wild-child actress crashed her Mercedes, was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and was photographed closed-eyed and slumped in the passenger seat of a friend's car.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The 20-year-old "admitted herself to an intensive medical rehabilitation facility" on Monday, according to a statement released by her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick. The statement added, "Because this is a medical matter, it is our hope that the press will appreciate the seriousness of the situation and respect the privacy of Lindsay as well as the other patients receiving treatment at the facility."

This is Lohan's second rehab stint this year. She said in January that she had checked into a rehabilitation center for substance abuse treatment.

"It's so weird that I went to rehab," Lohan said in Allure magazine's May issue. "I always said I would die before I went to rehab."

Lohan was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence after her car hopped a curb and hit a shrub on Sunset Boulevard.

Witnesses called police, who arrived to find both Lohan and the vehicle missing from the accident site, said Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mitch McCann.

"We tracked down the vehicle to a nearby apartment complex and tracked down Ms. Lohan to a Century City hospital," he said Tuesday.

Officers investigating the crash also found a substance tentatively identified as cocaine.

The case remains under investigation, McCann said. Lohan could face additional charges for leaving the scene, he said, adding "we would take into consideration that she was injured and transported to a hospital."

Her preliminary court date is scheduled for Aug. 24. She will be represented by attorneys Blair Berk and Jason Sloane. Neither returned calls for comment Tuesday.

Lohan was back out on the town before the Memorial Day weekend was over. Photographers captured her slumped in the passenger seat of a friend's car early Monday morning. The photos, posted online, show a sweatshirt-clad Lohan with her mouth open and her eyes shut, apparently asleep.

"The world has been very hard on her," said Michael Heller, an attorney and Lohan family friend. "She has a lot of personal issues and family issues. There's an incredible amount of pressure on this 20-year-old."

He also noted on Tuesday that Lohan has "gone from one movie to the next," spending long stretches of time away from her family.

"She's living in a hotel," he said. "It's a very lonely existence."

Lohan's mother, Dina Lohan, told Us Weekly magazine earlier this month that when her daughter isn't working, "she's so bored."

"I've told her, `Please slow down. Stop!' She's growing up and learning to do that. She really loves the business," the mother said.

Lohan was originally set to begin work this week on "Poor Things," a comedy starring
    Shirley MacLaine, Olympia Dukakis, Rosario Dawson and Channing Tatum, the trade paper Variety reported Monday. The company behind the project, Still Rolling Productions, did not return calls or e-mails from The Associated Press Tuesday.

Lohan did her first movie at age 11: Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap." Her breakout role came in 2004's "Mean Girls." She released her debut album that same year.

Her other screen credits include "Freaky Friday," "Bobby" and "A Prairie Home Companion."

Her most recent movie, "Georgia Rule," is in theaters now. During its production last summer, one of the film's producers chastised Lohan for her "various late arrivals and absences from the set."

"We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called `exhaustion,'" James G. Robinson wrote in a letter made public in July 2006.

Lohan will turn 21 on July 2.

"This is a time when she will reflect backwards and think forward," Heller said. "Hopefully she will plan a future that will be fruitful artistically, professionally (and) take a place in society that will be appropriate for someone of her standing."
    Here's the picture of her asleep in her friend's car.

Last edited by Unklescott; 05-29-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Lindsay is unfortunate because she got stuck with an ex-con and self-absorbed fame w**re. She wasn't given the proper tools to handle things responsibly in life. No, as soon as she became a success in her teens, her parents saw money and looked at her age before determining that it was smart to let her roam with the wolves. As long as they got money, it's obvious they don't care.
    I mean, Dina showed up at her daughter's latest film premiere to do interviews for ET for goodness sake!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Poor lindsay she has so much pressure and she has to live in a hotel. Well I would think she has a choice. Don't be a celebrity and buy a house with all your money. I would also guess that every person that does drugs and alcohol excessively has issues! Give me a break.

Maybe the lastest round of celebutante DUIs have gotten someone's attention.

Clubs that may have served drinks to under-age actress are investigated

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lindsay Lohan isn't the only one who could be in trouble, in connection with her arrest for investigation of driving under the influence.

Authorities in the Los Angeles area have been conducting undercover operations at some trendy celebrity hangouts in recent weeks. And they want to know if the under-age 20-year-old was served alcohol before her weekend crash.

A spokesman for the state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control says the investigators also want to know if Lohan or others were served drinks after hours.

Videos show her leaving a Hollywood club at 3:30 am. Alcohol can't be served in California after two am. A spokeswoman for the club says Lohan had dinner, and wasn't drinking -- and that the club let her stay late because there were a lot of paparazzi waiting for her outside.

Lohan was behind the wheel of a Mercedes that was heavily damaged when it hit a curb and bushes on Sunset Boulevard early Saturday.

Her publicist says she entered a rehab facility on Monday.

She turns 21 -- the legal drinking age -- on July second.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Authorities in the Los Angeles area have been conducting undercover operations at some trendy celebrity hangouts in recent weeks. And they want to know if the under-age 20-year-old was served alcohol before her weekend crash.

A spokesman for the state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control says the investigators also want to know if Lohan or others were served drinks after hours.
    Wow, sure am glad California is investigating if this is happening! I had NO idea under-21 celebs were being served alcohol before AND after 2 am because I haven't seen the hundreds of thousands of photos and videos that actually show it happening with well-documented times and dates and locations.

Hey, California .... um...duh
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Well, you know, proper channels, documentation, red tape...not to mention L.A. does have bigger problems beside under-age celebs. I'm just glad they're addressing it. It might have been because of a report from a few weeks ago, that club owners are paying celebs exhorbitant amounts of money just to show up! I heard about it on The View. Lindsey herself commands a whopping $400,000.00 just to show her face at a nightclub!

The world's gone mad I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2425265;
    Well, you know, proper channels, documentation, red tape...not to mention L.A. does have bigger problems beside under-age celebs. I'm just glad they're addressing it. It might have been because of a report from a few weeks ago, that club owners are paying celebs exhorbitant amounts of money just to show up! I heard about it on The View. Lindsey herself commands a whopping $400,000.00 just to show her face at a nightclub!

From what I've read, she's showing a lot more than just her face
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newfherder!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2425265;

That report is nothing new, so I am not certain that was the driver of this latest investigation. This one is all Lindsay's fault. It was the last straw as the public has witnessed all of this crap with Britney, Paris, Nicole, Mischa, and Lindsay over the last 6+ months. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long, especially seeing as how they had closed down Teddy's at the Roosevelt Hotel last fall for the underage drinking.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2425337;
    That report is nothing new, so I am not certain that was the driver of this latest investigation. This one is all Lindsay's fault. It was the last straw as the public has witnessed all of this crap with Britney, Paris, Nicole, Mischa, and Lindsay over the last 6+ months. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long, especially seeing as how they had closed down Teddy's at the Roosevelt Hotel last fall for the underage drinking.
    Thanks Broadway! It was news to me. I am so sick and tired of these over-indulged kids and their pitiful parents.

+ Reply to Thread