+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    After 9/11, I remember the first SNL episode where Giuliani came on and Lorne Michaels asked him something like, "But will we still be able to be funny after this tragedy?" and Giuliani said, "Why start now?" That was funny, mainly because it was directed at SNL.
    That is the way to be funny after such a tragedy. I remember it so clearly and it did make me laugh. There is a line between being funny and just being crass jerk.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Amy Schumer, Whitney Cummings, Louis CK, and Dave Chapelle are all examples of comedians who can take horrible situations and write great jokes about them. Patrice O'Neal was another master of it. Greg Girlado and Jeff Ross are both cited on comedic circles for doing amazing sets about 9/11 right after 9/11 (Giraldo the night of I believe) in New York City. That brand of humor is not for everyone. But each of them proves that no subject is off the table and that anything can be joked about.

TMZ is reporting that Kasey Kasems body is missing and so his wife. She took off with it so they couldn't do an autopsy. He deserves so much better than that
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    TMZ is reporting that Kasey Kasems body is missing and so his wife. She took off with it so they couldn't do an autopsy. He deserves so much better than that
    Whatttt? oh no.
    KAREN

Kasey's gone now & is at peace, but I can't help but feel that the authorities need to step in & do a full investigation into his death, her bizarre actions, including a full autopsy.
    Something is just very wrong with all of this.
    Punkin, ness, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Something is wrong with that woman. This is all so sad
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I always thought Jean was a bit of a nutter, but in a kooky, harmless way. Clearly, she's full blown crazy.
    Miss_Griss, ness and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

It makes you wonder what Kasey may have gone through looking out for her before he got sick ...

"Full blown crazy" is a good start. But, frankly, I'm wondering if there are any words that exist at ALL in the English language for Jean Kasem's obviously strained --- shall we say --- mental state.

Yep, Casey's gone.

At rest?

Nope. Don't think so.

I DO hope --- when they find her and his body --- the authorities have a proper, in-depth, extensive autopsy performed. I also hope that Jean winds up being committed for life --- or at least the next 50-or-so years, if possible --- to some mental facility somewhere.

THAT is where she oh-so-obviously needs to be, I think.

It's very, very sad and heartbreaking that all of this lunacy didn't end with Casey's last breath.

He ABSOLUTELY deserves much better than this current state of affairs.
    Last edited by ness; 07-19-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Apparently there is trouble in paradise with JayZ and Beyonce. I found this interesting.
    Could this be the end of Beyoncé and Jay Z? | Page Six

And

Tracking Jay Z and Beyonce's marriage 'On The Run' - by the numbers | NOLA.com

+ Reply to Thread