+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I understood the "your" was general. I just believe that if we make it acceptable to make sweeping judgement about parenting skills based on limited information, then those judgements should apply to all. In this case, I'd be very upset if such negative assumptions were made about parents and their children if it was me, or anyone else. We know nothing about North other than that she wears some expensive clothes, and had a huge first birthday party. From that, I think it's stretching too far to imply she doesn't know she's important to her parents.

This thread has gotten over-run by the Kardashians to the point where they really do need their own thread. SO, let's move the discussion about the K's over to the Kardashian Gossip thread in this forum and leave this one to the rest of the celebrity world
    prhoshay, captain, ness and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

On a different subject, Francis Bean Cobain is calling Lana Del Ray out on some comments she made that appeared to be glorifying suicide and dying young. Lana has blamed The Guardian for misrepresenting her comments, so maybe they were misinterpreted ... or maybe she regretted them after she said them. But I have to say, from the little we've seen of Francis Bean recently, I'm impressed. I hope she grows into being "the voice" for her father's memory. I think she would protect his memory better than her mom has. Frances Bean Cobain Slams Lana Del Rey's Death Wish Comments - Us Weekly

I have to wonder if there is any truth to this story about Hank Basket (wife Kendra Wilkinson of former Playboy fame) having an encounter with a transsexual. Such a scandal reminds me of the Tori and Dean recent reality show.........could it be that there are copying what Tori.........................n aaaay. Ya think?

Did Hank Baskett Cheat On Kendra Wilkinson With A Transsexual? Marriage Is Reportedly In Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by critical View Post
    this thread has gotten over-run by the kardashians to the point where they really do need their own thread. So, let's move the discussion about the k's over to the kardashian gossip thread in this forum and leave this one to the rest of the celebrity world
    Thank you!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Looks like Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy got booted from "The View" today.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That discussion is over in The View thread!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

File this under "Believe it or Not": Someone actually hired Lindsay Lohan. Apparently, she's supposed to star in Speed the Plow at the Playhouse Theater in London. So, eight shows a week that she has to be on time for? No way that's going to go wrong.
    Get Ready for Drama, London! Lindsay Lohan Confirmed for Speed-the-Plow | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like somebody is in the mood to waste some money! What a dolt-y move.
    libgirl2 and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It may have been a smart move -- who knew there would be a new production of Speed the Plow in London before she was cast? If the goal is to sell a lot of tickets to people who are curious to see how bad she is, rather than working for artistic merit, it may have been a smart move.

+ Reply to Thread