+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5063Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Thought we could use some good news for a change!
    ------------------------------------------------
    ETonline.com: Jaime Pressly Has Baby Boy

"My Name is Earl"'s resident bad girl is a new mom!
    -----------------------------------------------------------

JAIME PRESSLY may play tough as nails trailer trash on "My Name is Earl," but the blonde beauty has a real-life Southern charm that's certain to make her a great mom to her newborn son.

Just this morning, People reports that she and her fiancÚ, deejay ERIC CUBICHE, welcomed their first child together -- a baby boy, named DEZI JAMES.

The couple, who dated for a year-and-a-half before getting engaged in October 2006, have known each other for almost a decade. Friends turned into something more, and now they have a little family!

But, they're in no rush to get to the altar. When Jaime announced she was four months pregnant on "The Tonight Show," she told JAY LENO that she and her beau have not set a wedding date yet, and that they are in no particular hurry. She added that other couples like KURT RUSSELL and GOLDIE HAWN have done well together without ever officially tying the knot.

Leo
    Premium Member

Anyone think this report is true?

Hollywood, Interrupted: TRAVOLTA FAMILY TRAVESTY: Wild Hogs Star Gives own Autistic Son the Silent Treatment

TRAVOLTA FAMILY TRAVESTY: Wild Hogs Star Gives own Autistic Son the Silent Treatment - May 10, 2007

Hollywood's latest global warming expert John Travolta recently sent a chill through the Florida neighborhood where he parks his beloved private jets.

Tim and Patricia Kenny, proud parents of a 4 year-old autistic girl, believe that it might be time for Child Protective Services to look into John Travolta and wife Kelly's negligence in acknowledging their son Jett's reported autism.

"I don't think it's a stretch to call their treatment of Jett child abuse," Ocala, Florida restaurant manager Tim Kenny tells Hollywood, Interrupted. Kenny claims he met Travolta at his restaurant in February, and, after "comping" the movie star and his daughter a meal per restaurant policy for celebrities, he asked him, "as one autistic child's father to another," if he "was doing anything special in terms of therapy" for Jett. Aghast, Travolta responded, "Well, we involve him in the arts." Then, he offered to send Kenny a book, and high-tailed it out of the restaurant.

"If I ever received a Scientology book from him [Travolta], I'd find him, and throw it back at him," says Kenny. "Scientology is keeping him from acknowledging his son's autism. They see it as a weakness. That's what the space aliens are telling him I guess."

Joking aside, the Kennys are "disgusted by" Travolta. They claim that Travolta has turned down invitations to participate in autism fundraisers, and most recently refused to participate in a local celebrity golf tournament if a connection to autism advocacy was promoted. The organizers of the charity tournament scheduled at the Golden Hills Country Club in November are alleged to have changed the billing from an autism event to the more generic "fundraiser for disabled children" to accommodate the star. Calls to event organizer, the Family Resources Coalition, were not returned by post time.

The Kennys also claim that Kelly and John "let Jett sit in front of video games all day eating junk food, while they eat the best organic food money can buy. They exclude Jett from all social events because they are embarrassed."

"Once," reports Kenny, "when Kelly took him to the movies, Jett started to have a meltdown and Kelly pointed at the nanny and ordered, 'Take care of it.'"

"Jett does not speak at all," confirms Kenny. "He has not even been taught how to communicate. We struggle every week to pay for our daughter's therapy. How dare he [Travolta] ruin his own son's chances of recovering! We want to get the word out on this."

I guess I was under a rock the day the news reported Jett had autism . This is a total surprise to me. I've heard of Stallone's son having it but never Travolta. If true I really hope they wake up and start getting him into a program.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2385600;
    I guess I was under a rock the day the news reported Jett had autism . This is a total surprise to me. I've heard of Stallone's son having it but never Travolta. If true I really hope they wake up and start getting him into a program.
    Well, I've been with you under that rock because I don't think I've ever heard that Jett had autism!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

First I've heard of it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's interesting... I hadn't heard of it either, but I just googled this story from April 2006. Looks like Hollywood, Interrupted has made it their mission to out this issue.

A PLEA FROM HOLLYWOOD: JOHN TRAVOLTA - OPEN YOUR HEART! - April 10, 2006
    On Friday, April 7th, Hollywood, Interrupted was treated to the Los Angeles premiere of "Normal People Scare Me" - a feature-length documentary about autism, co-directed by the high functioning autistic teenager Taylor Cross and his mother, Keri Bowers. The event was sponsored by an organization called Cure Autism Now (CAN) and the new magazine, The Autism Perspective (TAP).

This enlightening film was produced by b-movie actor/director/producer and former special education teacher, Joey Travolta. Joey's brother and sister-in-law, "Battlefield Earth" co-stars John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston, were not present. Too bad...

...Had John and Kelly been at the screening, they might have a better understanding of the disorder reportedly affecting their 14 year-old son, Jett. Sadly, the Scientology couple cannot even publicly admit that their son is afflicted with a neurological disorder, lest - according to the incontrovertible doctrine of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard - he be labeled a "degraded being" that brought his affliction onto himself. Instead, the Travoltas have long blamed their son's disability on Kawasaki Syndrome-related "environmental toxins," specifically carpet cleaning chemicals.

Rumors about Jett Travolta's disability have been floating around for years, but when no less than five sources (including a media rep from the Autism Society of America (ASA), an executive from Cure Autism Now, a major Hollywood producer and parent of an autistic child, and a Hollywood actor-parent) reported that Jett Travolta was afflicted did we decide to deliver this story. Scientology will not even recognize the disability, let alone the myriad therapies for treating it.

The CAN and ASA officials that spoke with Hollywood, Interrupted credited Sylvester Stallone and former pro football greats Doug Flutie and Dan Marino as celebrity parents of children with autism that have helped raise awareness of the malady. These celebs reportedly share their frustration with what they perceive as Travolta's "denial" stemming from Scientology's rabid hatred of psychiatry and judgment of those with psychological problems as lesser humans responsible for their own maladies.

The Hollywood actor interviewed describes having autism as "like being trapped within yourself, and having difficulty letting normal people know who you really are." Now, imagine being trapped inside a mind-control cult that prohibits you from availing your child to the treatment available. No wonder Scientology has long been plagued by suicides, and wrongful deaths.

The movie producer that spoke with Hollywood, Interrupted reports: "Kelly Preston, in her heart, wants to do the right thing for her son." "I bet it rips her heart out," says the actor. "But," says the producer, "John Travolta has so far, done nothing to help raise awareness about autism."

Tragically, Scientology does nasty things to the heart. "And to the other families who are being torn apart by this disorder," sighs the actor. "Let me know if I can help you appeal to his heart." Hollywood, Interrupted believes that you may have done just that.

Scientology will not even recognize the disability, let alone the myriad therapies for treating it.
    According to Tom Cruise, in an interview years ago, Scientology helped him with his dyslexia, so why don't they acknowledge (and help) with this affliction? Idiots.

Stuff like this only reinforces my horror at Scientology. We can (and do) joke about how wacky Tom Cruise is acting in any given week, but there's also a considerable dark side to Scientology. In fact, outside the public face of it presented by numerous celebrities its reportedly far more cult-like that is obvious. Everyone knows about Xenu and the spaceships now, and most about the Thetans and OT-levels and "clearing" and the claim that the "most powerful" Scientologists believe they can eventually gain the equivalent of Super-powers, but there are also aspects of devil worship and group sex (at least reportedly among Hubbard's original inner-circle, according to his own son), public and private muscling almost in a mafia-like fashion to get their way, abuse of the legal system to get their way, manipulation of the media, etc.

A really sick charge is that while Scientology considers abortion to be a serious sin, they also simultaneously coerce women who get pregnant outside of their control to have abortions. Thus setting up a considerable cycle of shame and grief. Which of course remains untreated, since they don't believe in mental health care.

And of course, there are all the brainwashy aspects of Scientology.

Then there's the story of Astra Woodcraft. Its a long article (originally published in "Glamour" of all places), so I'll simply link it rather than duplicate it all.

fwd: Why I fled Scientology (Astra Woodcraft in GLAMOUR)

Read that and be properly horrified. First at the cult-like aspects of how they are expected to live, but then also at the way Scientology basically separates out its believers from any non-believers in their lives. Maybe its not the Moonies, but it ain't the shiny happy stuff the celebs feed us.

And speaking of celebs, its also horrifying who's a Scientologist you didn't know about:

Famous Scientologists (Church of Scientology)

Ick. Just ick. And its an old list. In the past year or so who knows who else famous has bought into their crap. Remember, the "celeb" Scientologists get the pretty (and relatively easy) version of things. They can honestly say, with a straight face, "Scientology isn't like that" because the version they are given to practice isn't.--its kind of a "Scientology Lite".
    Last edited by Krom; 05-12-2007 at 03:31 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith were Scientologists, also.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

wow, that was an incredible article ... thanks for sharing it krom

+ Reply to Thread