+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3901Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

This was my favorite part of that article:
    "It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class,” Ruby said. “He showed it that night in the restaurant” by leaving quietly.
    Ruby rocks. It makes me ill to think of anyone being "giddy" over meeting/seeing that piece of slime.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I support Ruby and if I could I would gladly dine at his establishment.

I wish Tammy Faye the best. I watched her on the Surreal Life and really liked her. She has a really big heart. I know when the end does come, whenever it comes, she we will welcomed in Heaven.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 05-09-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bless you, Tammy Faye. You have a beautiful spirit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leo
    Premium Member

A pair of news updates. First, Paris Hilton. Her plea to Arnold Schwarzenegger got the reaction it deserved:

azcentral mobile edition

Paris' pardon plea laughed out of governor's office

Paris Hilton's pardon plea to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has been laughed out of his office.

The hotel heiress appealed to her fans to sign a petition after she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for driving with a suspended licence and sent it to the actor-turned-politician.

But calls to Arnie's office inquiring about the petition were met with mockery.

The governor's press secretary, Aaron McLear, said, "The petition will be treated no differently than any other request filed to the governor's office.

"The governor only acts in extraordinary circumstances."

Paris' mother Kathy Hilton is furious her daughter has been given a jail term.

She told the USA Today newspaper, "This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayers' money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

The 45-year-old even implied the judge only decided to jail Paris to become famous.

When the judge sentenced the socialite, Kathy laughed out loud and blurted, "May I have your autograph?"

When Judge Michael T. Sauer walked into his parish church on Saturday, the day after sentencing Paris, he was greeted by rapturous applause.
    As for OJ... his lawyer is making noises about suing. Time for the All-Purpose Race Card!

O.J. attorney may sue Louisville restaurant

O.J. attorney may sue Louisville restaurant

The Courier-Journal

O.J. Simpson’s attorney, Yale Galanter, said he may sue Jeff Ruby, owner of Jeff Ruby's steakhouse in Louisville after Ruby refused to serve the former NFL star Friday night. See story here.

Galanter said that the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant’s liquor license.

“He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did,” Galanter told The Associated Press by telephone last night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson’s past.

“It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class,” Ruby said. “He showed it that night in the restaurant” by leaving quietly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Paris.

O.J.

Two Jokes, and useless space wasters.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There was an article on the NYT web site last week--it's a paid archival article now--which reported on the paid jails in California. For somewhere between $80 and $130 a night, people can pay to be in special jails. It's not all peaches and whipped cream, but it's out of the general population and looked to be like a kind of crappy dorm room setting. Certainly nothing where Big Bertha was going to make you her bitch then shiv you in the night over an extra serving of mashed potatoes. Dollars to dough nuts, if Paris actually makes it into jail, she'll be in the private facility.

And OJ's claims of racial bias are crazy. Clearly it was a bias against dudes who have murdered their wives and random waiters and attempted to make profit off of it by writing a schlocky tell-all. And that kind of discrimination is perfectly legal and probably ought to be encouraged.

What a lot of the news articles are leaving out is what shows that Simpson's claim of race discrimination is pure baloney. Firstly, anyone who has eaten at any of Jeff Ruby's restaurants knows, the only discrimination regarding customers is that they are able to afford it (they aren't cheap restaurants). But most importantly, as has been reported in several news articles, O.J. Simpson himself has eaten in Ruby's other restaurants prior to this (just apparently not at the same time Ruby happened to be there also).

Ruby's restaurants have photos of him and celebrities on the walls. In fact, there used to be one of Ruby and O.J. Simpson on the wall of one of his restaurants. Ruby took the picture down after the Goldman/Brown murders. So I doubt Simpson's lawyer could make a good case for race discrimination since there's visual proof that Simpson had eaten in Ruby's restaurants before, and even had a spot of honor on the walls in the photo with Ruby. Ruby's restaurants serve some good-tasting food, so it's nice to see that Ruby himself has good taste too.

An excerpt from one of the Associated Press news items regarding the photo:
    Kentucky steakhouse owner refuses to serve O.J. Simpson

May 9, 2007
    By BETH CAMPBELL
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

“I didn’t want to serve him because of my convictions of what he’s done to those families,” Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct.”

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman, but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was “giddy” about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

“I didn’t want that experience in my restaurant,” Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention “makes me sick to my stomach.”

He said he went to Simpson’s table and said, “I’m not serving you.” Ruby said when Simpson didn’t respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson’s attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant’s liquor license.

“He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did,” Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson’s past.

“It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class,” Ruby said. “He showed it that night in the restaurant” by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby’s restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2380674;
    Dollars to dough nuts, if Paris actually makes it into jail, she'll be in the private facility.
    I read in one of the original stories reporting this that the judge said she would not be able to do that.

Nemeses, that's the same article I posted when originally reporting this story, only from a different source (MSNBC)
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2379702
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-10-2007 at 03:51 AM.

Movie & TV News @ IMDb.com - WENN - 10 May 2007

Hilton: "I'm Ready To Face the Consequences"
    Socialite Paris Hilton has hit back at criticism she is refusing to take responsibility for driving with a suspended license, insisting she is "ready to face the consequences." The 26-year-old is set to spend 45 days in a California correctional facility after she was found guilty in court last Friday of violating terms of her 2006 drink-driving arrest. At the hearing, Hilton claimed her long-term representative Elliot Mintz had repeatedly informed her that her license had been suspended for only 30 days and that she could still drive for work-related matters. But Hilton, who is in the process of appealing her jail sentence, wants to make clear she realizes how serious driving under the influence is. She says: "After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should - no matter how slightly. I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."
    I like that someone told her that her license was suspended, but she could still drive in work-related matters - and she believed it. Then she could just claim that everything is work-related and it would be no punishment at all. Maybe it's time for her to learn that you can't just sign every paper handed to you and believe what others say. Us out in the normal world have learned that a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2380825;
    ... that's the same article I posted when originally reporting this story, only from a different source (MSNBC)
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2379702
    You are absolutely correctomundo, Unk! I missed your post because FoRT was picking that time to do some knitting or something in the background and taking like 5 minutes to splash each page for me
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread