+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I would say the comparisons to Lohan are a good start. It's been clear to me those comparisons are not about acting ability, but the scandalous self centered and self destructive elements of Lindsay's life. The way Will and Jadas horrible parenting has been discussed I also see as tearing the girl down. After all, the sign of horrible parenting is horrible children. Of couse the 20 year old boy has been torn down even further. As I said in an earlier post all the points about a 13 year old not having good judgement only matters if the 20 year old is a predator. Now, having explained these points I will concede that my perception of the points made may not meet the reality of your thoughts as you were typing them. But if that is the case then I think it should also be recognized that your perception of the photo may also be wrong, and that Jadas defense may be just as true as your saying you are looking out for a girl rather than tearing her down.
    MsDiva2007 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Whether something is actually going on or implied to be going on when it comes to children doesn't matter. Federal law makes it illegal to depict a child, (under 18 years -old) in a sexually explicit manner. Willow is not unclothed in the photo, but the man with his shirt off is implying that undress is acceptable in this setting and may be coming next. I think it's reasonable to be alarmed with that depiction.

IMO, you don't say nothing is actually happening in the photo. so it's probably innocent. The law likely says it looks suspicious, it's portraying something adult like and sensual, so it needs checking out....seize the photos and investigate the adult in the photo, who obviously is going the wrong direction with this child. A responsible adult would not place the child in this situation.

Also, the broadcast of this photo would be welcome material for sexual predators out there who could pose danger to Willow or other children.

And if there was absolutely nothing untoward with this family friend, I would rather err on the side of caution. But since Jada and Will Smith do not believe in curtailing their children's activities or choices, what others think is not likely to impact them. Only those with authority are likely to get the attention of those parents.
    mesachick and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Deb, you keep bringing the law into this. If you honestly thing the law needs to investigate every time an adult doesn't have a shirt on around children do you realize what that would mean? In a hot day a man takes his shirt off while doing yard work, while kids are outside playing - call DFAC. Father in a bathing suit gets in a hot tub with his kids and a picture is taken - call DFAC. People go to a beach with kids -call DFAC. A mother nurses her baby covered with a blanket in a room where other kids are playing - call DFAC. I think your standard is so strict it's unreasonable. Common sense must be applied. That is why every time a "half naked" adult is in the presence of a minor we don't err on the side of caution and investigate. Thank God for common sense!
    Rattus and MsDiva2007 like this.

ACookerTV, no, I don't think it's unreasonable to see that situation as troublesome. I've read a lot on this issue and law enforcement, especially the federal government, makes huge investments in locating those "at risk" children and potential offenders. (I was in law enforcement before my career in law.) These type of photos are not like a person making sand castles on the beach. The tone and mood are different.

I get that some people view this matter differently and that is their right. I do think that awareness of just how prevalent the abuse of minors is should be spread. I will also add that throughout my life, I have very few female friends, who were not touched inappropriately at some point during their child or teen years. This was done mainly by family members and close family friends. I find that very disturbing and powerful information and I choose not to ignore it.

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ACookerTV, no, I don't think it's unreasonable to see that situation as troublesome. I've read a lot on this issue and law enforcement, especially the federal government, makes huge investments in locating those "at risk" children and potential offenders. (I was in law enforcement before my career in law.) These type of photos are not like a person making sand castles on the beach. The tone and mood are different.
    I still don't see this. These photos aren't explicit. You are choosing to leap to a conclusion about what the photo represents. Really, how is NOT like a person making sand castles on the beach?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is one back-and-forth discussion that I am tickled not to be involved in!

I wrote Will and Jada off a long time ago. What they decide to do with their spawn is up to them. I've got my own issues.
    Punkin, momrek06 and overseas like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This is one back-and-forth discussion that I am tickled not to be involved in!

I wrote Will and Jada off a long time ago. What they decide to do with their spawn is up to them. I've got my own issues.
    Shay, this is exactly what the Smith's plan was and look at us pages of discussing this.......the Smith's are most likely thrilled that their name
    is streaming all over the 'net due to this picture.

Me too, I wrote them off a long time again.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I think the horse is probably beaten to dust by now on this Willow Smith thing, guys. There's no new ground being covered. Let's move on
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What do you guys make of the video showing Beyonce's sister, Solange, physically attacking JayZ in an elevator? Very odd, IMO. When they exit the elevator, JayZ looks flabbergasted, but Beyonce looks strangely pleased. She looks at her sister with a sense of satisfaction. What's that all about?

Report: Beyonce Sister Solange Knowles Attacked Jay Z in Elevator - ABC News

I'm looking for a link for the messages Solange allegedly posted after the incident.

Solange took to twitter and said something about someone hitting her sister, but I can't find a link for that, so I'm not sure if it was legit.

So very odd and embarrassing for them all, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-12-2014 at 08:51 PM.

I find it hard to give a cr*p about all these celebrities or what they are up to. But, still I look. Funny though, when I am at my nail salon and I pick up a magazine (if I forget to bring my iPad with a book to read) I have no idea who 90% of those "celebs" are.
    captain likes this.

+ Reply to Thread