+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

If Arnold even gives half a brain cell to what this idiot has put out there, he should be run out of office. How dare she appeal something as frivolous as a 45 day sentence to a man who has to consider sparing people's lives. I truly wish somebody would slap the doggie-doo out of this tramp.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope no one is thinking that article above from hecklerspray is a legitimate news item, or that the petition mentioned is one created by Hilton herself. Yes, it's all laughable as Hilton herself is, but let's keep the legitimate gossip straight from the blogger and fake gossip (a concept that only makes sense in Hollywood, lol) Consider the source
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Besides, Paris would go to Rich People's Jail. Or at the very least have a private cell and limited interaction with the other inmates.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Is anyone surprised by this? I'm only surprised that it took this long for Mommy Lohan to try and really cash in.

DINA Lohan, a former Radio City Rockette, is riding the coattails of daughter Lindsay Lohan to launch a TV career.

The leggy 44-year-old mother of three was hired by "Entertainment Tonight" to interview celebrities on the red carpet as they arrived at last night's New York premiere of "Georgia Rule," which stars her hard-partying daughter, as well as Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman.

"Dina wants to be a TV star," said one snitch. "But 'ET' may just be hiring her so they can get the Lindsay exclusive."

As much as Lindsay loves the limelight, she may be wary of granting interviews since London's News of the World newspaper published photos Sunday allegedly showing the 20-year-old starlet doing drugs.

A spokeswoman for the show told Page Six: "Dina Lohan will be a special correspondent for the 'Georgia Rule' premiere. We are looking forward to Dina asking the questions only a mother can."

This isn't the first time Dina has tried to use her daughter's fame to snag an "exclusive." When Lindsay was in rehab, her mom took "ET" on the plane with her and her other daughter, Ali Lohan, to go "visit" Lindsay at the Wonderland facility in L.A.

"She was so angry there were cameras there," said a friend of Lindsay's. "And people at the rehab center were infuriated."

OK! magazine also recently reported that Dina - who claims her friends call her the "white Oprah" - was vying for Rosie O'Donnell's spot on "The View."

One insider told Page Six that would "never happen," though reps for the show would not confirm or deny the rumors.
    NY Post

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2379069;
    Besides, Paris would go to Rich People's Jail. Or at the very least have a private cell and limited interaction with the other inmates.
    Actually, no. Lawyers in the area have advised that Paris would be sentenced to a jail just outside of Compton. They've said that it's likely that she will not have her own cell, but instead would have one cellmate. I've read that she would be kept out of general population.

I'm actually sad about this. I became a fan when I saw her on The Surreal Life.
    ______________________________ ____________________________
    Tammy Faye Bakker writes farewell note to fans - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com

Tammy Faye Bakker writes farewell note to fans

Former televangelist asks for prayers, says cancer has left her at 65 pounds

Updated: 6:05 p.m. ET May 9, 2007
    NEW YORK - Tammy Faye Bakker, the disgraced televangelist who is suffering from cancer, has penned a goodbye letter to her fans in which she says doctors have halted her treatment.

“The doctors have stopped trying to treat the cancer and so now it’s up to God and my faith. And that’s enough! But please continue to pray for the pain and sick stomach,” Tammy Faye, 65, wrote in a letter on her Web site.

“My precious daughter, Tammy Sue, and her wonderful friends are staying with me,” Tammy Faye wrote. “They don’t want me falling down the stairs. I am down weight wise to 65 pounds, and look like a scarecrow. I need God’s miracle to swallow.”

In 1996 Tammy Faye was diagnosed with colon cancer. In 2004 she learned the cancer had returned, this time in her lungs.

Tammy Faye and her husband, Jim, were household names in the United States with a television evangelical empire that brought in an estimated $130 million annually at its height in the 1980s and reached 13 million homes daily.

Tammy Faye’s face was one of the most recognized on American television as she tearfully asked viewers to open their hearts to Jesus — and their wallets to the Bakkers’ causes.

It all came crashing down amid sex and financial scandals that landed her husband Jim in prison for five years. Tammy Faye divorced him and married his best friend.

In 2000, a critically acclaimed documentary about her life, ”The Eyes of Tammy Faye” was released. In 2004 Tammy Faye appeared on the cult reality show “The Surreal Life,” where she lived in a house with other celebrities such as rapper Vanilla Ice.

I'm no fan of Tammy, but I'm sad to hear she is doing so poorly. It's just sad..

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this. All the scandal and the TV show aside, I always liked her. Jim always gave off a smarmy vibe but she really seems to have a strong faith. I hope that her doctors are at least able to manage her pain and make her more comfortable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hate to hear that too, it sounds like she's pretty bad off. I actually met her at an antique show in Charlotte years back, she was very nice (and drew a huge crowd). Still had the outrageous hair and makeup, but very nice.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Wow, 65 lbs.? That's a shame. Crit I totally agree with you 100%
    ETA I just saw this article on the MSNBC website. Jeff Ruby is my hero.
    O.J. Simpson thrown out of steakhouse - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com
    O.J. Simpson thrown out of steakhouse
    Owner says he is sickened by the attention Simpson still receives

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

“I didn’t want to serve him because of my convictions of what he’s done to those families,” Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct.”

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was “giddy” about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

“I didn’t want that experience in my restaurant,” Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention “makes me sick to my stomach.”

He said he went to Simpson’s table and said, “I’m not serving you.” Ruby said when Simpson didn’t respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson’s lawyer, Yale Galanter, did not immediately return phone calls Tuesday night seeking comment.

“It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class,” Ruby said. “He showed it that night in the restaurant” by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby’s restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-09-2007 at 09:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread