+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4600Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think it's also the societal stigma of men being raped. It's hard enough for women to come forward. We blame women for rape all the time - "What did you do to invite it? You must have done something, worn something, etc...." - it's even worse for men because they're often seen as NOT masculine if they're assaulted sexually. Couple that with the fact that many of the men involved in this case are very wealthy and powerful.....well, I'm surprised he came forward at all, considering how he was treated when he went to the authorities 10+ years ago.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think he is a good father too, I have never questioned that. I just wonder why he can't just find a woman w/o an audition (if the rumors are true)? Maybe its more of a set up date then an audition?
    A good father wouldn't work so hard to alienate his kids from their mother (Nicole Kidman). I am not sure I would put TC in the good father category.
    Punkin and sclilred1 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    A good father wouldn't work so hard to alienate his kids from their mother (Nicole Kidman). I am not sure I would put TC in the good father category.
    Good point. Though if they were my kids, I'd fight tooth and nail to be with them, regardless of what Mr. Scientology says. I don't know what Nicole went through, maybe it was impossible.
    Punkin likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Tom and Nicole's son said recently in an interview that he and his mom have a great relationship. I was a little surprised, since it's frowned upon to be close to people who are not in their community. And she isn't anymore. So, I'm not so sure how truthful it is.

Connor Cruise Insists His Relationship With Nicole Kidman Is 'Solid'

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Tom and Nicole's son said recently in an interview that he and his mom have a great relationship. I was a little surprised, since it's frowned upon to be close to people who are not in their community. And she isn't anymore. So, I'm not so sure how truthful it is.

Connor Cruise Insists His Relationship With Nicole Kidman Is 'Solid'
    Their daughter loves Keith, so methinks there are a lot of people/mags that make things up about just about everyone
    Need40winks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Their daughter loves Keith, so methinks there are a lot of people/mags that make things up about just about everyone
    Yes, I can't imagine having no relationship with my kids..... I can understand that living primarily with their dad worked out... in addition to the Scientology, they also had friends etc.... in Hollywood as opposed to Australia.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Somebody" has been shown the door. Not a huge surprise.

Actor Columbus Short to exit ABC's hit 'Scandal'
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Miss Scarlet and Debb70 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hmm , wonder how long this one will last
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    This one surprised me. He's been so adamant, for what seems like forever, that he will never remarry. She's 36 and he's 52. I wonder if they are considering having a family. Perhaps he likes them brainy. She is a British barrister and an activist and George, as well, is involved in many social causes.

"She's a lawyer and activist.
    Alamuddin is an accomplished barrister who specializes in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law for the Doughty Street Chambers firm in London. In 2011 she began to represent WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in his fight against extradition by Sweden. She also has been appointed to numerous U.N. commissions and is an advisor to former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Syria."

George Clooney Engaged to Amal Alamuddin: 5 Fast Facts About Her - Couples, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney : People.com
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread