+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Can you imagine her family and friends who can't figure out what she sees in Beiber? I bet they have asked her a thousand times, what she sees in the guy. I bet every life coach/counselor/ professional person tells her that hanging with a drug user is not a good idea. Maybe she wants people who say yes, not no. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's at that age where the more people try to discourage her from somebody like that, the more she is going to gravitate toward him. They are determined to do things THEIR way.....just to show you! It's a maturity issue; we've all been there.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    She's at that age where the more people try to discourage her from somebody like that, the more she is going to gravitate toward him. They are determined to do things THEIR way.....just to show you! It's a maturity issue; we've all been there.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth?

At THIS age/stage of the game, she can't find her OWN ass with two hands, a flashlight and a road map. Let ALONE choose wisely regarding the person or persons she interacts with.

The ONLY thing that'll teach her anything is for her to get roasted alive as the inevitable result of her making her OWN foolish choices, and her OWN mistakes that are the result of those choices.

Painful as that'll be for her.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

You hit that nail directly on the head!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She wants someone who will tell her "You don't have to listen to them." "You can do whatever you want." "They're treating you like a baby. You're grown & can make your own decisions."
    In other words, telling her everything she WANTS to hear. Not the truth that she should hear. The easy way out.

I went through this with my own daughter & have many friends who have gone through it with theirs. Some maybe even went there themselves.

They all grow up & catch on. Unfortunately sometimes they get drug down paths they live to regret afterwards. Sometimes they pay for it their whole lives.
    All the parents can do is wait, hope, & pray.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

There's a flip side to the whole Bieber / Selena thing. When he was first getting into trouble at every turn, there were many people commenting that he never got into trouble like that when they were together - that she had a good influence on him. Reports have been that he was the one trying to get her back. Given her age and maturity level, along with all the reports saying that SHE was a positive influence on him, I think it's highly likely that she decided to go back to him not because she wants to join him in the partying and drag racing, but because she thinks she can "fix" him. It's certainly not a healthy behavior, and I can understand why her parents would discourage it. But I do think it's a leap to assume that if she's with him she's endorsing his behavior when he's away from her.

My son has gone through this "I can fix/help her" mindset. He has finally seen the light, and I tried to stay out of it, as much as I could.

Everybody talks like this is the first time this sort of thing has happened. This exact thing has been going on since time, immemorial. Our parents went through it; their parents went through it....yada,yada,yada.......... Our children, and grands, will go through it with theirs. Nobody here has "discovered gravity"; it's always been here.
    AcookerTV likes this.

I have read that those close to Selena oppose her relationship with Beiber. I would suspect they know more than the public and have good cause for concern.

Selena said that she and Taylor Swift were very close with their 5 year friendship. She has distanced herself from Selena due to her reconciliation with Beiber. Apparently, Selena had shared enough with Taylor for her to feel strongly about it.

Taylor Swift ditches best friend Selena Gomez as singer reunites with Justin Bieber | Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    There's a flip side to the whole Bieber / Selena thing. When he was first getting into trouble at every turn, there were many people commenting that he never got into trouble like that when they were together - that she had a good influence on him. Reports have been that he was the one trying to get her back. Given her age and maturity level, along with all the reports saying that SHE was a positive influence on him, I think it's highly likely that she decided to go back to him not because she wants to join him in the partying and drag racing, but because she thinks she can "fix" him. It's certainly not a healthy behavior, and I can understand why her parents would discourage it. But I do think it's a leap to assume that if she's with him she's endorsing his behavior when he's away from her.
    I think this was true at the beginning. Unfortunately, given some of the more recent information that has come out, I think this is more a case of him pulling her down, vs. her raising him up. Sad really.
    Miss Scarlet and Debb70 like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

As bad as Beiber has been lately, I've never heard cocaine use being reported. (I wouldn't be surprised, but I've never read it.) According to many blind gossip items, that is Selena's drug of choice and the real reason she went to rehab and not exhaustion and other issues. So it makes sense that she's pulling away from Taylor and other possible non-drug using friends and went back to Bieber. If he's encouraging her or at the least not saying anything about her using, that's where she'll want to be.

As for Amanda Bynes, just google Dan Schneider. No wonder why the young girls in Hollywood/entertainment are screwed up and using drugs.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread