+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4848Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

TMZ is reporting

Debbie Rowe Wants Michael Jackson's Kids Back -- Going To Court for Custody | TMZ.com

didn't this rumor go around awhile ago?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Yeah, there seems to be regular rumors about what she is going to do and then it never pans out, so I'm not sure about this. If what she is alleging is true, then it might be for the best. I've never thought Katherine was a good choice as a guardian. That seems to be rather clear. So, if the co-guardian is not around much to do what he is supposed to be doing, then the kids need something better. I guess Paris is still at boarding school. Since she's not been in the media lately, I can assume they are doing something right by her. The last report I read said that Paris would need long term care at the school she is attending. If she's doing better, why interfere?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm always amazed when people grow in in the US and then when they make it big, they gain an English accent. Depp was born and grew up in Kentucky and Florida, but I have seen him in interviews where you would have thought he came from Europe with his accent. Other times, I've heard him without it. lol
    He's lived in Europe for years.....usually people will pick up an accent if they are in a place for awhile. It's not uncommon.
    Punkin, Florimel, Critical and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    He's lived in Europe for years.....usually people will pick up an accent if they are in a place for awhile. It's not uncommon.
    Not at all unusual and particularly true for people who do accents or impersonations or other vocal manipulation as part of their work. I've done accents for parts I've played and it's not always easy to leave it behind. As a child I spent a lot of years in summer camp with many Canadians and after 8 weeks, I frequently went home with a touch of their accents in my speech.
    Punkin and JavaJo like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I still hear myself saying certain words with the Minnesotan accent of the woman I babysat for 45 years ago. And every time I talk with my sister on the phone, my kids complain afterwards that I'm talking like "Aunt Kate". Maybe my accent has become more New England than I think after living here more years now than the state where I grew up (Ohio).
    I heard on TMZ that "Blanket" Jackson has a continual potty mouth, even with grown ups.
    Count your blessings!

I'd be swearing a lot if someone named me Blanket, too.

I guess that's it.

Not at all unusual and particularly true for people who do accents or impersonations or other vocal manipulation as part of their work. I've done accents for parts I've played and it's not always easy to leave it behind. As a child I spent a lot of years in summer camp with many Canadians and after 8 weeks, I frequently went home with a touch of their accents in my speech.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The Once Upon a Time Stars got married this weekend, and for any who are wondering how pregnant she is, the answer is VERY! Check out the pictures.

Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas marry in intimate ceremony | Mail Online
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I have lived south of the Mason Dixon for almost 25 years now, but I grew up in central PA, where the accents are considered "Dutchified".

Once while visiting family, I ran into someone I had known since my early childhood. Our topics of conversation included my family, specifically my two sisters. Later on that day, this same person bumps into one of my siblings and tells her "I just saw your sister" but doesn't mention my name. "Which one?" she asked. "The one that talks funny" he replies. LOL - she knew right away that it had to be me!

We pick up on the slang first and then our brains get so used to hearing certain words pronounced a certain way that it seems as if that's the way the should be spoken........whether I'm talking to YOUSE GUYS or to ALL Y'ALL doesn't really matter!
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread