+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4856Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I don't see any negative with releasing Michael Jackson's music. Life is for the living, and I seriously doubt if he cares. If he cared, he should have stayed around to protect it.

I'm not sure if describing Josh Elliot as taking a pay cut just to get away tells the full picture for him. He was demanding $10 million to stay. He's not worth that much. That's the kind of money a person can demand when the audience tunes in specifically for you (like Robin Roberts). I can't say I've heard many (if any) people saying the reason they watch GMA is for Josh Elliot. I've read rumors that now that he's at NBC he has his eyes on Matt Lauer's job and is quite confident it will be his. With the loyalty that Willie Geist has shown NBC, and the people who actually do tune into a show FOR him (and even did at 530am on MSNBC) I think Josh is a bit dellusional.

I Miss Josh!! He brought something special to the show that is now, noticeably, missing.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REf. Kathy Lee and Hoda. Don't laugh, but I really like them. I know a lot of people detest Kathy Lee, but I have always liked her. I think she's a good person and like her humor. She laughs at herself a lot and is kind to others, even those who are mean to her. I think she and Hoda are funny. They have a good chemistry though she drives Hoda crazy. Cracks me up.
    I think they set a TERRIBLE example with their drinking early in the morning. I don't watch morning television, so for ages when I saw skits about them on SNL I thought they were poking fun at their behavior (trying to say that they act like they have been drinking). I was completely taken aback when I discovered that these women are drinking wine in the morning...while at work... It strikes me as completely bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I think they set a TERRIBLE example with their drinking early in the morning. I don't watch morning television, so for ages when I saw skits about them on SNL I thought they were poking fun at their behavior (trying to say that they act like they have been drinking). I was completely taken aback when I discovered that these women are drinking wine in the morning...while at work... It strikes me as completely bizarre.
    Me too. Do they need the wine? don't get it, don't like it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think that for Kathie Lee and Hoda, the drinking is more of a schtick than it is something they are truly doing every day. Yes, the wine glasses are there. But it is more something for the audience to look for, and something to make people talk about them. I"m not fond of Kathie Lee, but if I'm home I do watch them. I think that Hoda does a better job than anyone of having fun with Kathie Lee but also knowing when to pull her back. I think that Hoda makes Kathie Lee likable.

To the Point

I don't dislike either of them, I just cannot bear to watch/listen to them. I don't really know either of them. They may both be super nice people in real life, but on my TV it is just a big fat NO. Way too over the top for my taste.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I like Hoda's crush on Blake Shelton. I saw KL&Hoda on the Tonight Show with Blake and she was twitterpated, it was cute.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

When asked about the drinking in a serious manner, they have admitted the drinking is a joke. They don't really drink everyday. When they do pour the wine, it normally sits there and they barely touch it. Yes, they joke about it, but they don't drink that much. I'm just reporting what they have said. I do believe it. (I think Blake Shelton is serious about his drinking though.)

I also learned that Kathy Lee and Hoda's segment is usually filmed in a couple of days back to back and then it's run over the course of the week. They are not coming live each day at 10:00 a.m. It took me a few years to figure this out. Recently they admit to the pre filming, which means they are not coming to you at 10:00 a.m. every morning.

I get that some people don't care for them and that's okay. I have been a fan of Kathy Lee's since she was on Regis. Different strokes.......I get it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I saw Johnny Depp on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I don't usually watch the late shows but I happened to hear them say Johnny was going to be on so I stuck around to watch.

Johnny was "off" last night. He was speaking very slow and his thoughts seemed jumbled. I couldn't figure out if he was jet-lagged, on drugs, or what. I kind of wish I had missed this appearance.

I still want to see Transcendence when it comes out, though.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Pharrell Williams was on GMA yesterday doing...what else but...."Happy". The performances were wonderful, with lots of dancers. The thing I really would have preferred was seeing each group of dancers of various ages....very old to very young.....instead of the same old tired teenagers or 20-somethings. I think a great opportunity was missed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Pharrell Williams was on GMA yesterday doing...what else but...."Happy". The performances were wonderful, with lots of dancers. The thing I really would have preferred was seeing each group of dancers of various ages....very old to very young.....instead of the same old tired teenagers or 20-somethings. I think a great opportunity was missed.
    I agree that sounds like a missed opportunity. Although hip-hop is generally seen as music for a younger crowd, that song can easily appeal to all ages and they could have highlighted that!

+ Reply to Thread