+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I agree with you, Critical! Gaga does have talent and an amazing voice! I like her allot and I am old!

OMG on David Brenner. I always made sure I watched when he was on with Johnny because he was hysterical!
    I am so sorry to hear of this. I never kept up with him as far as his career after Johnny left. I do not think he was on with Leno. But I do recall some serious struggle to get custody of his son and he ultimately won. Hmm, I wonder how long ago that was?

EDITED. Looks like David has passed. . (Wiki has him passing)
    Weird. No news agency is reporting it right now. I wonder where that info came from. I don't think he has long to live, if he hasn't passed yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw where Richard Lewis spoke in tribute due to David's death.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-15-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Weird. No news agency is reporting it right now. I wonder where that info came from. I don't think he has long to live, if he hasn't passed yet.
    After I posted about liking him etc etc I decided to go to Wiki and read.

As I am reading all of a sudden I noticed his death being today. I thought WOW, he is gone.

BUT you are right, Critical, no one at all has him passing.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I saw where Richard Lewis spoke in tribute due to David's death.
    So has he passed?
    KAREN

I agree with you all that Gaga can sing, which makes her antics even more appalling to me. She doesn't need them.

So sorry to hear about David Brenner. He was always a favorite of mine, just naturally funny.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    So has he passed?
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/comedian-d...222814425.html

Thanks Punkin!

Earlier today we were posting here!

Critical posted David Brenner was on his death bed.

I decided to go read Wiki within seconds of her posting and Wiki had him deceased way before any News media. It was just so odd. Odd how Wiki had it on his Bio page before any place in the Internet had him deceased.

Later on I did see it was finally on the Internet.
    KAREN

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

All of the vomit talking has me thinking about the movie Stand By Me. That was gross, and no, I'd never pay to watch that. I do like GaGa, she is supremely talented but that doesn't mean I have to like everything about her or what she does.

It's the same with Miley. There was big outrage over her Bill Clinton stunt. Why are the parent's surprised she did something so shocking? Have they been living under a rock and were unaware of her recent shenanigans? If those parents thought her show would be a lot tamer without the regulations of the FCC, that's their own darned fault. Were they expecting Hannah Montana to show up? Stupidity.

Chris Brown. Geez. I know a lot of people think that he is using bi-polar diagnosis as an excuse, but it's not. It's an explanation for why he behaves as he does. It makes me feel better that there is an underlying reason for his rage/violent outbursts and that he isn't beating on a woman for sport or fun. I believe he witnessed his father beating his mother which has caused PTSD. In that situation it is more of a question of why not rather than why? Once given a diagnosis, at the least he can be treated with medication, therapy, cognitive behavior, whereas a sociopath cannot be successfully treated at all. It is not an excuse, nor a get out jail free card as he does know right from wrong. Jail time without therapy/treatment is just being housed with a bunch of other mentally ill/sociopathic/psychopathic people.
    prhoshay and bee stung lips like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About Chris Brown....it makes me wonder how long he has gone undiagnosed and untreated. If I were his mother, my guilt might be immeasurable. We always want to do the best we can for our children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread