+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4658Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Yet another celebrity loses visitation rights for bad behavior:

Judge suspends actor Hasselhoff's visiting rights - Yahoo! News

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Los Angeles judge on Monday suspended former "Baywatch" star David Hasselhoff's visitation rights with his two teenage daughters pending further review of a videotape believed made by one of the girls showing the actor drunk.

The order by Superior Court Judge Mark Juhas will be in effect until at least May 21 when another hearing on the matter is scheduled.

Hasselhoff, who was not in court for Monday's hearing, admitted last week that he had struggled to overcome alcoholism after the videotape emerged showing him drunk.

The videotape, believed to have been taken by his 16-year-old daughter Taylor Ann three months ago, was aired online and on several TV channels. It showed Hasselhoff dressed in blue jeans and no shirt lying on the floor struggling to eat a hamburger.

A young female voice on the video is urging him not to drink, warning him that he could lose his role in a stage show of "The Producers" in Las Vegas if he did not sober up.

In a statement, Hasselhoff acknowledged he was a recovering alcoholic and had a relapse.

"Despite that I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue," he said.

"Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse."

Hasselhoff, 54, said his two daughters from his 16-year marriage to actress Pamela Bach were concerned for him and a tape was made one night to show what he was like drunk.

"I have seen the tape. I have learned from it and I am back on my game," he said.

"The tape was never meant to become public but got into the hands of individuals who are not worthy of mentioning, who maliciously released the tape for their own self purpose. I hope that someone else will learn from the tape, as I have."

Hasselhoff filed for divorce from Bach in January last year, citing irreconcilable differences.
    This sounds so much like the Alec Baldwin voicemail scandal, which was also used to affect his visitation rights, that I wonder if the person "not worthy of mentioning" is the ex-wife?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2371749;
    I read that she would be put in a secluded part of the prison for her safety. She would also get phone privileges and visitation rights. Her cell would be small, with only a bed, sink and toilet, but she wouldn't interact with the others - for her safety. So no Big Bertha for Paris
    now THAT is preferential treatment! :nono she needs to be put in with everyone else and take her risks.

On the Hasslehoff thing, the girls are 17 and nearly 15, not 7 and 5, so if their recovering alcoholic dad has a relapse in the privacy of their own home, it's not exaclt like it's child endangerment at their ages. And the daughter who took the video doesn't sound as though her motives are anything but concern and love.

It's certainly not the ideal situation for a couple of teenage girls, but then neither is divorce.

Overreact, much? I'm glad I don't live under the jurisdiction of that judge!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Love Notes: Tootie's a Mom, and More! - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

An out-of-wedlock baby, Tootie? Did Mrs. Garrett teach you nothing? Facts of Life alumna Kim Fields on Friday gave birth to her and Broadway-actor boyfriend Christopher Morgan's first child, a son named Sebastian, says People.... Kevin Costner and his wife Christine on Sunday welcomed their first child together (and Kev's fifth overall), a son named Cayden Wyatt. (Better than Crash or Postman, I 'spose.).... Brittany Murphy has secretly married screenwriter Simon Monjack, Us has learned. The giveaway? Someone stumbled across a Bloomingdale's registry for "That 'I'll Never Tell-l-l-l' Chick and The Writer Dude.'"
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _______
    Hiltons Hope to Clip (or Get Rich Off) Paris' Jailing - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

Hiltons Hope to Clip (or Get Rich Off) Paris' Jailing

Feeling that their daughter is being made an example of, Kathy and Rick Hilton are looking into getting Paris' 45-day jail sentence reduced, by appealing to such politicos as Governor Schwarzenegger, the New York Daily News hears. But if all else fails, the fam, apparently of the "You can never be too rich" school of thinking, is poised to cash in on Paris' plight. "[Kathy] is very enterprising," a source tells the News. "Even if something bad happens — like Paris' sex tape — the family finds a way to capitalize on it. I could see them spinning [this] off into a whole new reality show." Kinda like Prison Break, but starring someone not quite as pretty as Wentworth.

FORT Fogey

On the Hasslehoff thing, the girls are 17 and nearly 15, not 7 and 5, so if their recovering alcoholic dad has a relapse in the privacy of their own home, it's not exaclt like it's child endangerment at their ages.
    I don't think the issue is child endangerment, it's that teenagers are exposed to enough stuff in the real world, the last thing they need is a parent role modeling: "I don't give a damn if you see me falling-down drunk." The kids have enough excuses to experiment with alcohol, why add "hey, Dad does it, so can I."

And the daughter who took the video doesn't sound as though her motives are anything but concern and love.
    Hoff did say his daughter made the video so he could see what he looks like drunk, so I don't think she intended anything malicious. The way it became public was probably via their mother, since it was used to halt his visitation rights.

Wow. I just saw a commercial for "America's Got Talent: 2007 edition" tonight. And Hasselhoff appears to be in it.

Sharon Osborne is too, but that's not the main issue...

I mean the commercial aired tonight. AFTER this little scandal broke.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Hasselhoff's estranged wife Pamela is on Larry King tonight with her attorney, Debra Opri (lately of the Anna Nicole Smith debacle as Birkhead's attorney). I'm trying hard to listen to the interview here, but it's hard to care enough about the Hasselhoff mess to pay close attention.

Mostly all I keep hearing her say is "shame on me for having my daughters in my marriage" and "shame on me for staying" and "shame on me for being a woman" in the marriage and on and on. It seems like for the past 15 minutes, she's used the phrase "shame on me" about 10 times as she's being facetiously self-righteous. And of course, Opri jumping in and out to offer her wisdom.

Oh, there's one note that stood out in the interview. Opri keeps sending out emails to the press and media letting them know when they (Opri and Pamela) would be a Spago's and other places, and let them know they'd answer any questions about the current Hasselhoff situation. And indeed the press shows up and Opri answers their questions. Meanwhile cut to Opri telling Larry King how it isn't Pamela who's using publicity to keep this story in the media, it's David who's doing that.

Looking around on the net a bit while listening to the King show, it sure looks like Pamela is a real piece of work too. She has a bit of history of using publicity to make statements against him that she can't back up or are proven false. These two are a train wreck.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Paris Hilton rehires fired publicist | Entertainment | Television | Reuters

Paris Hilton rehires fired publicist
    Tue May 8, 2007 5:23AM EDT

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jail-bound socialite Paris Hilton has kissed and made up with the veteran publicist she dumped over the weekend after blaming him for getting her into trouble with the law.

"I represent Paris and I'm proud to," Elliot Mintz told Reuters early on Tuesday after a night out with his client.

"We had a wonderful evening, we talked, and our media relationship resumes uninterrupted."

The relationship was, in fact, briefly interrupted in the immediate aftermath of Hilton's Friday court appearance, when a judge sentenced her to a 45-day jail term for a probation violation stemming from an alcohol-related reckless driving offense last year.

Hilton told the judge that Mintz had informed her it was all right to drive on a suspended license for work obligations. Mintz also took the stand in her defense, but the judge said his testimony was worthless.

Mintz, 62, released a statement on Sunday, saying he no longer represented the 26-year-old hotels heiress, and he apologized for giving her dubious legal advice.

By late Monday, Mintz was back in Hilton's good graces. But he declined to explain what had caused the turnaround.

"Whatever there was is no more," said Mintz, whose clients have included John Lennon and Bob Dylan. "I don't choose to revisit that which is divisive. I'm only interested in that which is healing."

Hilton's attorneys on Monday filed a formal notice of appeal. Unless the appeal succeeds, she must report to the 2,200-inmate Century Regional Detention Facility south of downtown Los Angeles by June 5.

"She's a very strong woman," Mintz said. "Obviously, she's taking all of this with great seriousness."

A little break from all the Paris Hilton news:
    Neve Campbell married her British actor fiancé on Saturday (05.05.07).
    2007-05-08 13:09:30 -

The 'Scream' star and the Royal Shakespeare Company actor tied the knot in a private ceremony in Malibu.
    Campbell's representative Jill Fritzo said: 'Neve was married in a small ceremony in Malibu on Saturday.' The couple allegedly met on the set of an independent film, 'Investigating Sex', which they starred in together in 2001.
    Campbell, 33, moved to London to live with Light two years ago but the pair decided to marry in Los Angeles where Campbell is currently filming episodes of her new TV series 'Medium'.
    The couple got engaged in December 2005 after Light, 32, went down on one knee and recited Shakespeare before popping the question.
    Canadian-born Campbell has repeatedly admitted she prefers living and working in the UK because she feels British scriptwriters are more talented.
    She said: 'The writers are more talented in the UK. People don't just pick up a pen and say, 'I'm going to write a screenplay,' which happens all the time in Los Angeles.
    'They have some background in literature before they decide to come up with a story."
    Neve Campbell married her British actor fiancé on Saturday (05.05.07).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2373924;
    I guess Paris has yet to learn that "ignorance is no excuse"...stupidity is a choice. And how dare anyone expect her to read what she signs!
    I see that some idiot started a petition to Gov Arnold trying to get her off, I say we start one invoking banishment to the Artic for Paris for this offense.

She should have been hauled in her first time she was caught driving on a suspened licesnce, if she had been anyone else she would have been.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread