+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5012Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The actual name is okay. I just have a problem with calling her Philo as in dough.
    Yeah, me too. I mean, it's just not pretty or even cute. My grandmother was Philomena and she often went by Mae. However, I sometimes think that was more an effort to sound "American" back in a time when it wasn't a good thing to be "ethnic".
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I have no problem with family names. That makes perfect sense to me. I actually have no issue with Philomena, but it's Philo that sounds odd. It's like calling her Lambchop or Butter bean. lol

Oh, I'm from the south and have several named Mae in my family.

Even if they called her Phila, that would be an improvement. Feminine ending and no dough.

I do like the names Philomena and Bijou just fine.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't believe how many fits are being thrown over this name.
    Florimel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe how many fits are being thrown over this name.
    I agree. I think naming a child should be the choice of the parents. If the child wants to change it when he is old enough, so be it. Nobody else's business. I've seen many names I think are ridiculous or even that I just don't like, but if it's not my child, my opinion is of no consequence.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We do have a baby names thread where this can be debated
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree. I think naming a child should be the choice of the parents. If the child wants to change it when he is old enough, so be it. Nobody else's business. I've seen many names I think are ridiculous or even that I just don't like, but if it's not my child, my opinion is of no consequence.
    LOL! If FORTers stopped commenting on matters that are none of our business, there would be very little posted on this board.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's some celebrity news: Chis Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, PTSD, and severe insomnia! NO WONDER HE IS SO NUTZ-O! He also self-medicates.

Yeah.....he just sounds like tons of fun! Legitimately. Unfortunately, it's up to him whether he takes his meds or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sounds like a plea for sympathy to me. There are a good number of celebrities who are bipolar but do not behave as he has. What is the basis for his PTSD? And, lost of people suffer from insomnia. Sleep deprivation can be devastating, but I just don't buy this.
    ness and Need40winks like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

How can he self mediate? who is giving him the pills? and haven't they learned by now , not to do that? SMH
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread