+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Does this little scandal shock anyone???

Lindsay Lohan reportedly participated in what the Britain's News of the World on Sunday called a "marathon cocaine binge" only 20 days after she left rehab.

A rep for the actress had no comment on the report.

The paper's story also includes what it says are screen grabs from video clips of Lohan, 20, inside the ladies room of Teddy's nightclub in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, with two friends who are also allegedly taking drugs. (PEOPLE has not seen the video.)

Lohan also is quoted boasting about her sexual conquests among celebrities, while unnamed "friends" of the actress, according to the paper, said her drug-taking began at 8 p.m. one night and was still going on at 11 a.m. the next morning.

While Lohan has talked about attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, the same unnamed sources claimed that her water bottles are filled with vodka, according to the paper.

In January, the actress checked into the Wonderland Center, an addiction-treatment facility in the residential neighborhood of Laurel Canyon in Los Angeles. Reflecting upon her stay there, Lohan told Allure that she had awakened at home last Jan. 17 to a house surrounded both on the ground and in the air by paparazzi.

She then checked out Wonderland and found "a quiet room, all white, with parquet, and it was different! I just felt safe," she said. "I thought, 'I'm going to stay here tonight.' And I stayed there. For a month. It was great."

And here's the News of the World article that started it all, with still video photos to boot. I know they're a tabloid rag that's somewhat worse than National Enquirer...but....

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Lindsay Lohan is going to end up as one of those tragic E True Hollywoos Stories if she keeps up this way.

Paris and her representative have parted ways. Her former rep says it was his fault that Paris thought she could still drive, even though she signed court papers saying she knew she wasn't supposed to be driving. She spent the weekend shopping with Mom Hilton.

Leo
    Premium Member

Whenever I hear of celebs firing their PR people, I can't help but remember that Tom Cruise's insanity ended up in the spotlight soon after he fired his long-time flack and hired his sister (I think). So, if Paris Hilton is crazy now... we may not have seen anything yet.

Paris Hilton is a waste of humanity whereas Lindsay Lohan is actually a talented actress, so I do admit to feeling sorry that Lohan is choosing to ruin her life with booze and drugs. I can't even buy the "too famous too young" excuse. I recently watched a biography of Jodie Foster on A&E, so there's proof that child stars can grow into role models and conduct themselves with class in the public eye. Really, it's too bad someone like Foster doesn't garner more attention and ink than the Anna Nicoles, but who wants to hear about someone whose lead an exemplary life in the entertainment world?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

News on the Paris Hilton judge:

TMZ has learned that the Los Angeles judge who sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in the slammer was given a saint's welcome by his fellow parishoners ... with a standing ovation on his Sunday visit to church!

Sources inside tell TMZ that Judge Michael T. Sauer entered the St. Brendan church in Los Angeles and was greeted with a holy round of standing applause!

Judge Sauer ended his workday on Friday by sentencing Paris Hilton to 45 days in county jail, ordering the wayward heiress to turn herself in on June 5 at the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood.
    TMZ

I used to have a crush on Ty Pennington when he was on Trading Spaces. I don't really watch his new show much.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" star Ty Pennington was arrested early Saturday morning in Los Angeles on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and drugs while driving.

The hottie carpenter, who got his start on the TLC hit "Trading Spaces," was arrested at 12:35 AM. He was released two hours later after posting $5000 bail.
    Also from TMZ

You can't tell me that these stars who make more money in a year than I'll see in my lifetime cannot hire a driver when they go out drinking. What the hell is wrong with them? At the very least....call a damn taxi!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess Paris has yet to learn that "ignorance is no excuse"...stupidity is a choice. And how dare anyone expect her to read what she signs!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

The Solitary Confinement Life?

I for one am thrilled that Paris will be going to the pokey. Her mother is a joke when it comes to teaching responsibility. Lindsey and her dim-wit mother haven't the sense between them to not piss away her career and fortune. All of this makes me feel like mom of the year.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2373973;
    All of this makes me feel like mom of the year.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm totally neurotic about screwing up my kid and here are two moms that seem to find amusement in it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2373598;
    Paris Hilton is a waste of humanity whereas Lindsay Lohan is actually a talented actress, so I do admit to feeling sorry that Lohan is choosing to ruin her life with booze and drugs. I can't even buy the "too famous too young" excuse. I recently watched a biography of Jodie Foster on A&E, so there's proof that child stars can grow into role models and conduct themselves with class in the public eye. Really, it's too bad someone like Foster doesn't garner more attention and ink than the Anna Nicoles, but who wants to hear about someone whose lead an exemplary life in the entertainment world?
    Remember also the family that Drew Barrymore comes from, and her own indulgences in her youth, and then look at the relatively stable and happy person she is today (or at least appears to be).

Or Christina Aguilera, who at one point would have seem to have been fated for a far worse fate than fellow Mouseketeer Britney. Yet Christina is the one seemingly happily married to a nice boring stable guy, and who gushes about her quiet ordinary life out of the spotlight.

I think it comes down to some inner quality of strength that isn't as obvious when they are young. And maybe in Lindsey (and Britney and Paris') cases its because even at their age their parents are still acting almost as immature as they are.

But I seem to recall that Drew's mom, Jaid Barrymore, continues to be something of a trainwreck as well. So maybe that doesn't explain everything. At some point Drew got some positive influence though, and obviously Lindsey hasn't. And she's old enough now that its probably too damn late.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread