+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney Separates From Wife

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    That's just crazy. You know it cost him more to have his lawyer send a letter to Heather than it did for the three bottles of cleaning fluid.
    Spite can be a lot of fun if you have the money to back it up.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

McCartney Divorce Gets Royal Treatment

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/15395/

August 9, 2006

The divorce between fomer Beatle PAUL McCARTNEY and wife HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY will receive the royal treatment -- legally speaking, that is.

Sir Paul and Lady Heather have hired the same lawyers who acted for PRINCE CHARLES and PRINCESS DIANA during their 1996 divorce.

Paul has retained FIONA SHACKLETON, who represented the Prince of Wales, while Heather has hired ANTHONY JULIUS, the lawyer who won a reported $32 million for Diana in the royal split.

The latest development has Paul seeking a form of child support. Heather's spokesperson, PHIL HALL, confirms that Paul is seeking "Maintenance Support" for the couple's 2-year-old daughter, BEATRICE.

In other McCartney news, police were called to Paul's London estate on Monday after his estranged wife found herself locked out of her former home. The locks on the gates had been changed.

Heather had arrived with Beatrice, along with a security guard, who reportedly scaled the wall in an attempt to let her in. Security staff inside the complex then called the police.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman confirmed details of the call to ET: "Police were called to reports of a suspect on the premises. Officers attended and spoke to a female who subsequently left the scene. No offences took place."

The couple, who were married in 2002, separated in May. Paul officially filed for divorce at the end of July. He cited "unreasonable behavior" as the reason for the break-up.

FORT Newbie
    Diana's $32 million settlement seems like a far cry from the 1/3 of $1.5 billion that is rumored to be Heather's potential prize. Rumor also has it that the non-gold-digger Heather turned down a $50-60 million settlement offer.

Money doesn't buy brains enough to have pre-nup I suppose.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...740704000.html

McCartney, Estranged Wife in Art Spat

Fri Dec 29, 7:44 AM ET

Police were called to the country estate of former Beatle Paul McCartney after his estranged wife reported the theft of paintings including a Picasso and a Renoir from the lodge they once shared, police said Friday.

"We checked the premises, and spoke to Heather Mills (McCartney), and as a result it was found to be a civil matter between her and her husband," Sussex Police spokesman Paddy Rea said. "There's been no theft."

Mills called police Thursday night after discovering that paintings valued at an estimated $19.5 million had gone missing, The Sun newspaper reported Friday.

The Sun, quoting an unidentified friend of Mills McCartney, said that McCartney had taken the paintings and reprogrammed the estate's alarm codes, and informed her Thursday night by text message.

McCartney and his wife announced their separation in May after four years of marriage and began divorce proceedings in July. They have a 3-year-old daughter, Beatrice.

Neither Mills' nor McCartney's representatives were immediately available for comment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It just gets uglier and uglier....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...7-2902,00.html

$63m to seal divorce

February 09, 2007 12:00am

PAUL McCartney is about to offer a $63 million settlement to his estranged wife Heather Mills-McCartney to end a bitter divorce battle.

The 64-year-old former Beatle has told his legal team to make the offer to avoid a messy court case.
    "This is the closest we've been to an agreement," an unnamed source close to the case said.

A close friend of Sir Paul told Britain's Mirror McCartney was "absolutely determined to keep his private life hidden from public scrutiny".

"The divorce has been dragging on for nine months," the friend said.

"There's war weariness creeping in."

The singer and Ms Mills-McCartney, 38, who have a three-year-old daughter, announced the end of their four-year marriage last May.

Leaked divorce papers in November claimed McCartney mistreated Ms Mills-McCartney, his second wife.

I can not believe that a man of his wealth would not get a prenup. What a no no!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl;2242935;
    I can not believe that a man of his wealth would not get a prenup. What a no no!
    I know especially with Peg Leg the Money Grubber.

You could see right through her. Heather was no Linda...and his children tried to warn him to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2234015;
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...7-2902,00.html

$63m to seal divorce

February 09, 2007 12:00am

PAUL McCartney is about to offer a $63 million settlement to his estranged wife Heather Mills-McCartney to end a bitter divorce battle.

The 64-year-old former Beatle has told his legal team to make the offer to avoid a messy court case.
    "This is the closest we've been to an agreement," an unnamed source close to the case said.

A close friend of Sir Paul told Britain's Mirror McCartney was "absolutely determined to keep his private life hidden from public scrutiny".

"The divorce has been dragging on for nine months," the friend said.

"There's war weariness creeping in."

The singer and Ms Mills-McCartney, 38, who have a three-year-old daughter, announced the end of their four-year marriage last May.

Leaked divorce papers in November claimed McCartney mistreated Ms Mills-McCartney, his second wife.
    I guess we know the answer to the lyrics "Will you still need me, will you still love me when I'm sixty-four".

You can say one thing about Heather...I dont like her but she is smart. 63 mil is a lot of dough. This will teach Paul to have a pre-nup the next time around. If there is a next time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast