+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney Separates From Wife

Premium Member
    I think Warren Buffet is the same way, he's not giving his kids any money. He expects them to make their own just like he did.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Yes, that was tasteless. I couldn't help myself.
    Tasteless but funny, so that makes it OK

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Tasteless but funny, so that makes it OK
    It cracked me up, too!

Paul, it turns out, is the one who doesn't have a leg to stand on, now that it's been confirmed that he never executed a pre-nup.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Well...Heather only needs the one shoe...
    Good one!

I hope have some kind of an amicable split for the future of their little girl Beatrice.

I read that that Paul and Heather fought over fame, and her charity work. The article continued to say that Heather came between Paul and his children, Pual and his friends, and Paul and his longtime publicist who left the job. She was a compulsive liar who had embellished her past, they said and a relentless self-publicist who had orchestrated her own press coverage, phoning reporters from her hospital bed after the amputation of her leg. The couple was said to argue all the time. They had ...increasing arguments over her desire to step up chairty work and his desire for her to scale down, and her resentment at his fame. This from an article by Sarah Lyall, New York Times News Service, London. It was published in my local paper, but could not find a direct link to the article .

Some of the money that Heather needs is to protect Beatrice throughout her life as she is a daughter of Sir Paul and therefore requires a certain standard of protection and such.

No matter how their divorce ends, I will always remember Paul and Linda as the REAL McCartneys......forever.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I'm not that surprised. After all those years with Linda and how totally devoted they were to each other, I could never imagine him ever finding anything close to that with another woman.
    That's exactly how I feel. I truly think Linda was the love of his life. They had that special oneness that you don't usually find in a couple. That's why they stayed together to the end.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 06-03-2006 at 06:00 PM.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

McCartney wife to sue over article

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Heather Mills McCartney, estranged wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney, is to take legal action over a newspaper article alleging she worked as a prostitute in her 20s, her lawyers said on Tuesday.

"Heather is very distressed by this article," lawyers for the former model said after the weekend allegations in the News of the World tabloid.

She called the article "untrue and highly defamatory."

The statement said Heather, who separated from her multi-millionaire husband last month, is recovering slowly from revision surgery on her leg which was amputated below the knee after a collision with a police motorcycle in 1993.

"She has suffered weight loss, anxiety and sleeping problems as a result of the stress and anxiety of the break-up of her marriage," the statement said.

But legal proceedings against the newspaper will be deferred until her divorce settlement is concluded, it added.

McCartney, 63, and Mills, 38, announced their separation last month, blaming media intrusion for the collapse of one of the most high-profile showbusiness marriages.

Legal experts believe that McCartney could lose up to a quarter of his estimated 825 million ($1.52 billion) fortune after separating from his second wife.

That would equate to roughly one million pounds for every week of their short-lived four-year marriage.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/13/mc...eut/index.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Paul McCartney Files For Divorce

Uh oh, sounds like things are going to get nasty. I wish Heather had signed a prenup. If they had been married a dozen years or so, sure, she should get a ton. But if she gets a third or half of his fortune...

http://people.aol.com/people/article...060729-1220422

Paul McCartney Files For Divorce
    SATURDAY JULY 29, 2006 01:00PM EST
    By Pete Norman

Paul McCartney has finally filed for divorce from his estranged wife Heather Mills McCartney, according to British news reports. The former Beatle is allegedly citing unreasonable behavior, but his wife of four years is vowing to fight the case vigorously in both Britain and America.

"Heather's going to be filing her own counterclaims about matters both in this country and America," her U.K. rep tells PEOPLE. Because there is no pre-nuptial agreement, at stake is a share of the 64-year-old musician's fortune – estimated to top $1.5 billion – along with the custody of their 2-year-old daughter, Beatrice.

A McCartney insider told the Daily Mirror that the couple split last May because of Mills' "unreasonable behavior," which included being "rude to the staff" and "argumentative".

The rep for Mills, 38, refuses to comment on claims about her conduct. "Any view she has on her divorce will be handled discreetly. She does not feel the need to repudiate claims that she may be headstrong or feisty," he tells PEOPLE.

He adds: "We have no way of knowing if he filed for divorce."

A rep for McCartney declines to comment on either grounds for divorce or if in fact papers have been filed in London, but friends of McCartney say he simply wants a "clean break". He was photographed in his hometown of Liverpool on July 28 and, significantly, was not wearing his wedding ring.

In Britain, once documents are filed, the quickest a marriage can be dissolved is six weeks. However, with his wife's insistence on counterclaiming, it is going to be a long and winding road to a financial settlement – then divorce.

"It's a battlefield and it has become mind-boggling, not just because of Paul's fame but because of the constant stream of stories," says a long-term friend of the musician. "But now with Heather announcing she is prepared to fight, things are just going to get uglier."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Wife locked out of McCartney home

A legal letter for cleaning fluid? Ooooh, this doesn't sound too amicable anymore!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/08/0...eut/index.html

Wife locked out of McCartney home
    McCartney divorce sours as star freezes bank account

Tuesday, August 8, 2006; Posted: 9:13 a.m. EDT (13:13 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Heather Mills McCartney laughed off being locked out of estranged husband Paul McCartney's London home, her spokesman said on Tuesday, but her divorce battle with the former Beatle appears to be turning sour.

On Monday, police were called to McCartney's London residence when Mills' security guard climbed over the wall of his premises wall to let her in. The locks on the gates had been changed.

"One of the security people inside called the police," Mills' spokesman said. "They turned up and she went off for a drive around the block with the kid."

Mills had arrived at the home with her two-year-old daughter Beatrice, the couple's only child.

"She was laughing about it," Phil Hall said, when asked about newspaper reports that Mills was angry at being locked out.

But he confirmed that McCartney had frozen their joint bank account and had sent a "legal letter" to his wife to complain after three bottles of cleaning fluid were taken from his Sussex home to clean Mills' nearby office.

McCartney's spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

Although the couple described their separation as amicable when it was announced in May, McCartney cited her "unreasonable behavior" in divorce papers and Mills responded by vowing to file counter-claims in Britain and the United States.

Lawyers believe McCartney could lose up to one quarter of his wealth, estimated at 825 million pounds ($1.5 billion), as a result of a divorce.

The couple married in 2002 having met in 1999 at a charity event a year after the death from breast cancer of McCartney's first wife Linda.

Mills has been the target of lurid allegations in British tabloids since separating from McCartney, but he has strongly denied she married him for his money, saying in May there was "not an ounce of truth in this."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Mills has been the target of lurid allegations in British tabloids since separating from McCartney, but he has strongly denied she married him for his money, saying in May there was "not an ounce of truth in this."
    No, she married him for his fame.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    That's just crazy. You know it cost him more to have his lawyer send a letter to Heather than it did for the three bottles of cleaning fluid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast