+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2571561;
    She should pay a big bonus to whoever did her hair that night. It's one of the only things that hasn't been universally criticized about her from that night.
    I read that she did it herself, after she fired Paves/he left.

Brooke Shields had an incredibly pushy and demanding stage mother and she turned out just fine. I think all this is a combination of the type of person the child star is, just how far the parents are willing to pimp out their kids (Shield's mom had no problem with underage nudity), and what the child-turned-adult star is willing to do to claim back his/her life.

From the quotes I read from Britney's mother when Brit-Brit was a teen star on the rise, she didn't sound that different from Dina Lohan. Anytime Britney was criticized, she was there to rationalize why it was OK that Britney was doing what she was doing. When she was criticized for her striptease act on MTV (what was she, 17 or 18 then?), her mother said that in Louisiana it was so hot that everyone ran around in itty bitty clothes.

Drew Barrymore's mother Jade basically used Drew as her human ticket to get into all the chic clubs and restaurants. Who lets a 10 year old party into the wee hours at Studio 54? I actually thought she was going to crash and burn, and am so pleasantly surprised at how level headed she (Drew) seems to be as a young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2571896;
    Drew Barrymore's mother Jade basically used Drew as her human ticket to get into all the chic clubs and restaurants. Who lets a 10 year old party into the wee hours at Studio 54? I actually thought she was going to crash and burn, and am so pleasantly surprised at how level headed she (Drew) seems to be as a young woman.
    Arguably she DID crash and burn. The girl was in rehab for cocaine at age 13. I seem to recall that in later years she held that part of her life so against her mother, she basically refused to speak with her. In fact, it wasn't until the late 1990s that she really straightened herself fully out (even if she was off drugs, remember all of her other wild antics, like taking her top off on David Letterman's show?)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2571977;
    Arguably she DID crash and burn. The girl was in rehab for cocaine at age 13.
    And I believe she was in AA around 11, wasn't she? I meant I thought that after she went through all that (as a child), she wouldn't make it to adulthood. And a marriage to Tom Green aside, she seems to have done pretty well.

Brooke also distanced herself from her mother for a while (after college--or is my timeframe all wrong on this).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2571561;
    Well, if she didn't, she should have. Whoever she's been using, or whatever she's been doing to her own hair and weaves since she shaved her head have made her look like a medusa crossbred with a scarecrow. The VMA's are the first time her hair has even looked washed, since the head shave -- it wasn't perfect, you could still see some of the weave attachments, but it was a HUGE improvement over what her hair's been looking like post-shave. She should pay a big bonus to whoever did her hair that night. It's one of the only things that hasn't been universally criticized about her from that night.
    Ken didn't do it. I'm sure if he had it would have looked much better than it currently does. But I'm personally not a fan of Ken Paves and the way he styles hair. He consistently makes Jessica Simpson look absolutely terrible.

It did look better, but still, you'd think she'd have done something even more drastic with what she could afford. Or heck, why not rock the natural regrown hair! It doesn't look that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2572204;
    ...you'd think she'd have done something even more drastic with what she could afford. Or heck, why not rock the natural regrown hair! It doesn't look that bad at all.
    That's always been, to me, one of the bigger mysteries about Britney since her head shaving adventure. She can well afford to have the best fake hair available, yet she consistently looks like medusa in need of more than a hair wash. I know several of her ex-weavists have said that her problem is that she only washes her hair a couple of times a month or so and the extensions get matted from dirt and oil, but even so.... no excuse for her hair to look like it does. Even if she won't pop for good weaves or a good stylist, she could at least buy a couple of dozen expensive wigs that look better than the messes she wears.. and the hats she wears don't fool anyone, and look ridiculous.

But then, what am I thinking? This is the girl who thinks flashing her va-jay-jay to the paparazzi is a cute thing to do.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2572274;
    That's always been, to me, one of the bigger mysteries about Britney since her head shaving adventure. She can well afford to have the best fake hair available, yet she consistently looks like medusa in need of more than a hair wash. I know several of her ex-weavists have said that her problem is that she only washes her hair a couple of times a month or so and the extensions get matted from dirt and oil, but even so.... no excuse for her hair to look like it does. Even if she won't pop for good weaves or a good stylist, she could at least buy a couple of dozen expensive wigs that look better than the messes she wears.. and the hats she wears don't fool anyone, and look ridiculous.

But then, what am I thinking? This is the girl who thinks flashing her va-jay-jay to the paparazzi is a cute thing to do.
    Nasty Girl!!! Her Goose is cooked! She's a Waddling, walking STD
    No one wants to see her fat self, her private pie or anything else! We've seen it all & it's not pretty!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 09-14-2007 at 12:49 AM.

I do feel bad for her-- she strikes me as a seriously disturbed and mentally ill young woman. So much of her behavior makes me think she may suffer from bipolar disorder, perhaps? Borderline personality disorder comes to mind as well. She does not seem to have the introspection to really look her issues in the face and stick to a course of help, and is too mentally fragile to handle the stress that comes as a part of her fame. I agree there may be substance abuse issues too. I just hope her children do not come to harm because of it.

I'm with you pakacat. I feel bad for her and hope she gets help soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2572456;
    I do feel bad for her-- she strikes me as a seriously disturbed and mentally ill young woman. So much of her behavior makes me think she may suffer from bipolar disorder, perhaps? Borderline personality disorder comes to mind as well. She does not seem to have the introspection to really look her issues in the face and stick to a course of help, and is too mentally fragile to handle the stress that comes as a part of her fame. I agree there may be substance abuse issues too. I just hope her children do not come to harm because of it.
    I totally agree as well. I never have been a fan or anything but it all just seems so sad.

I didn't have any problem with her weight, it was the outfit it was not right at all. The fact that she preformed so badly is what got me! I hope she gets rid of her yes men soon.

What scares me is that she will not allow anyone that disagrees with her to be in her "inner circle". And those are people that she actually needs right now. She has gone so far as to shut out her parents completely (who would have ever thought they would be on K-Fed's side?!?!?) I am genuinely afraid for her and her boys. If things do not change soon, I am certain she will be the next Anna Nicole.

+ Reply to Thread