+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

She could have contacted Janet Jackson and gotten very helpful tips from her, don't you think?? Good grief, she is such an idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2569369;
    Are we declaring now that parents who get away for a weekend leaving the kids with their grandparents are bad parents? That seems like an unrealistic standard to achieve to me.
    Oh goodness, that isn't remotely what I said.

Kevin Federline doesn't have permanent custody of the kids so he doesn't have the same need to get away from the children for a couple of days, dagwood. Britney had had the kids all week and Kevin had them for the weekend. So what does he do the first day he gets them back? He goes away to Vegas to party and leaves them in someone else's care, grandparents or not. He could have done Vegas the days he didn't have the children, but instead his partying took precedence.

I'm just saying he isn't the model of parenthood that people are trying to make him appear thanks to having a birthday party for his children. He has his own flaws.

Ok, I see what you are saying. Thanks for clearing it up.

Uh... just what does K-Fed do? I mean besides party and spend Brit's money.
    He used to be a backup dancer. Not anymore. He tried to start a career as a rapper and that went bust. Did he even tour? So he stays at home doing nothing all day long, just resting so he can go party in Vegas and throw the kids a bday party. You need an assistant for that? Well, dang. Do assistants have to kiss ass and wipe it too??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2569635;
    Oh goodness, that isn't remotely what I said.

Kevin Federline doesn't have permanent custody of the kids so he doesn't have the same need to get away from the children for a couple of days, dagwood. Britney had had the kids all week and Kevin had them for the weekend. So what does he do the first day he gets them back? He goes away to Vegas to party and leaves them in someone else's care, grandparents or not. He could have done Vegas the days he didn't have the children, but instead his partying took precedence.

I'm just saying he isn't the model of parenthood that people are trying to make him appear thanks to having a birthday party for his children. He has his own flaws.
    Everything that I've read indicates that their custody arrangement right now is 50/50. So it's not that Britney usually has them, and he does just for a bit.

Is he a model parent? Absolutely not. But from a subjective standpoint, standing next to Britney, his "parent rating" goes up - quite a bit. Yes, he may have been gone, come back and thrown a birthday party. Britney on the other hand was gone, didn't come back as soon, and threw no party.

Add to that the number of times she's been caught doing something dangerous with the babies, like the time she was driving with one of them on her lap and Kevin seems like a pretty good alternative to me.

I think even Kevin's ex once mentionned that he is a good father to their children. Again, he's not a role model, but I don't think he's the crappy guy I first thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2569780;
    Everything that I've read indicates that their custody arrangement right now is 50/50. So it's not that Britney usually has them, and he does just for a bit.

Is he a model parent? Absolutely not. But from a subjective standpoint, standing next to Britney, his "parent rating" goes up - quite a bit. Yes, he may have been gone, come back and thrown a birthday party. Britney on the other hand was gone, didn't come back as soon, and threw no party.
    Again, you've taken one comment of mine and driven it off on a tangent.

Saturday the press is all over the fact that Kevin has left his kids during his custody timeframe to go to Vegas. Bad, bad Kevin. Then all of a sudden Britney gets on stage and gives a lackluster performance on Sunday. On that same day Kevin Federline comes home and throws an early birthday party for his sons because he has custody for them over the weekend. All over the press and in your own comment it's being touted as "Look at what a sweet parent Kevin is... he held a birthday party for his sons on the same day that Britney was in Vegas having a trainwreck of a dance performance!" Big whoop de freaking do... he had custody of the kids over the weekend and he chose to go party in Vegas on two of the days that he was supposed to have the kids, but somehow he is a better parent because he managed to have assistants throw together a birthday party for his kids? Yeah, some model parent.

Now you're holding it against her that she didn't have a party on the same day? Sean's birthday is today and Jayden's birthday is Friday... cut her some slack. She didn't have custody of the kids on Sunday or Monday and she is in an ugly custody dispute with the father. Do you really expect her to have been at that early Sunday birthday party? Not hardly.

Sure, I've heard he's a great father, but I am talking about this weekend alone.. there is nothing in Britney's failure of a dance performance that should have changed the attitude towards Kevin overnight.

I'm probably going to be on my own for this, but I felt sorry for Britney when I saw that performance. She's one messed up young lady and I think its clear that she's still battling some sort of addiction. I don't know if its the pills or the bottle, but I've had a front row seat for both before and everything she does screams "addict" to me. I expect to hear any day that she's overdosed on something or other (if Lindsay doesn't beat her to it). God help her. I hope she straightens herself out for the sake of her boys.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2570007;
    I'm probably going to be on my own for this, but I felt sorry for Britney when I saw that performance. She's one messed up young lady and I think its clear that she's still battling some sort of addiction. I don't know if its the pills or the bottle, but I've had a front row seat for both before and everything she does screams "addict" to me. I expect to hear any day that she's overdosed on something or other (if Lindsay doesn't beat her to it). God help her. I hope she straightens herself out for the sake of her boys.
    You're not on your own with that sentiment Stargazer...I felt incredibly sad watching her performance (along with my jaw dropped to the floor like everyone else)...I told my son while watching her performance that I'm afraid one day we are going to wake up and read that she has died tragically and probably of her own doing....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Salvation is just around the corner….

FOXNews.com - Pop Tarts: Britney Spears' Management: 'American Idol' Judges? - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Pop Tarts: Britney Spears' Management: 'American Idol' Judges?
    By Hollie McKay

LOS ANGELES — The days of Britney Spears as a 'Toxic' trainwreck may finally be over. While the world is screaming "Gimme Less"— Simon, Paula and Randy want the "reformed" rehabber to "Gimme More."

The judges announced to FOX that they have decided to take the Britster on board and have issued an open call to the pop princess to manage her crumbling career.

"We have decided we can bring Britney back," the normally caustic Cowell confirmed. "We are serious. We plan to buy her underpants, get her bigger shorts to perform in and get her away from her stupid friends."

And while many believe that Brit has already burned her career, the rocking reality judges just think it is another point on her publicity page.

"MTV ratings are up and all we're hearing is Britney, Britney, Britney!" Simon said. "She can turn it around."

"We always have time for Britney, we love her," added Paula.

So Brit baby, if you are listening we suggest you give these guys a call...

"We'd love to take care of you Spears!" Randy roared. "We will make you a superstar again!"

+ Reply to Thread