+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Kanye accuses MTV of exploiting Britney Spears | News | NME.COM

Kanye accuses MTV of exploiting Britney Spears
    'They knew she wasn't ready' to perform, says rap star
    Kanye West has accused MTV of exploiting Britney Spears to improve their ratings.

The rap star said that the music network knew she wasn't prepared to perform at the Video Music Awards on Sunday (September 9), but they let her go ahead with her less than spectacular performance anyway.

"Man, they were just trying to get ratings, and they knew she wasn't ready and they exploited her," West said this morning on Sirius Satellite Radio programme 'The Morning Mash Up'.

"They exploited her, they played me and I really don't mess with MTV," he said.

Earlier in the week, West insisted that he should be the one to open the show rather than Spears.

After the VMAs, West reportedly threw a tantrum backstage when he didn't pick up any awards, as previously reported.

West's new album, 'Graduation', hit US stores today (September 11).

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2566815;
    He might actually have to go out and *gasp* work! That is, if he's even capable of actually doing anything besides... well, I'm not exactly sure he can do anything. He's just as useless as his ex. Used to be she could at least out-lipsynch him, but I suppose now she's leveled the playing field in that area too.
    If he winds up with greater custody of the kids, Britney will still be paying *him* child support.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As well she should.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2566829;
    ...Kanye accuses MTV of exploiting Britney Spears...
    'They knew she wasn't ready' to perform, says rap star
    Kanye West has accused MTV of exploiting Britney Spears to improve their ratings.
    Kanye is such a joke. Hello Kanye? Why do you think music awards shows still invite you to them after the public fits you've thrown after every music award show in every country you've attended the past couple of years? Even televised fits, such as the one you threw in England when you didn't win for your video. Public expectations of a live train wreck = ratings = what networks prize most. Of course they let her perform, though it's debatable whether they knew she wasn't able to perform, since her rehearsals were a lot better than her live performance. But Britney begged, cajoled, whined, wheedled, and made a big campaign to be able to perform at the VMA's, so no one forced her to perform. She used MTV and they used music industry performers. Right or wrong, that's been status quo since long before MTV even emerged. Exploiting her or not, her performance was still hers to give as much or as little to as she wanted to. And her choice was painfully obvious.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2566995;
    As well she should.
    Oh absolutely. Child support is so very important.
    I just, as much as Kevin's coming up roses, still wonder how much is for the children and how much is for more money. Yes I'm very cynical about both of them.

Maybe she made a statement by showing that she is not perfect. Maybe it was all a huge styling error. If it was a statement, showing that you don't have to be a size zero, good thing! However it would have been a better statement if she had dressed approriately to her size and showed that you can look good with some extra meat on your bone, should you just dress accordingly.

Britney is apparently a size 8-10 right now.. a size most women would kill for. But most women would wear that outfit in the privacy of their own home.

And I'm shocked that Kevin Federline is actually coming out of this weekend smelling like a rose when all that you heard on Saturday and Sunday morning was that he had spent Friday night and Saturday in Vegas.. leaving his kids with Lynne Spears and a nanny. Then he comes home on Sunday and throws a party for his kids so all is forgiven? Phlllbbbbt.

FORT Fogey

Are we declaring now that parents who get away for a weekend leaving the kids with their grandparents are bad parents? That seems like an unrealistic standard to achieve to me.

There's nothing wrong with getting away from the kids for a day or two. Parents need breaks, too. At least he left them with Grandma.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

According to People, Britney's wardrobe people wanted her to wear a snug corset that would accentuate her figure. She nixed it and decided on wearing that bikini instead. Ken Paves (Jessica Simpson's hairdresser) flew up to do Britney's hair himself, and she didn't want him to--she had specifically requested that he send two female assistants to do her hair (for whatever reason). So he left, and took his hair extensions with him. It seems that as Krom and some others have pointed out, Britney thinks she knows best. For some things, she probably does. But she must think her body is as rocking as it was when she was a teenager to wear a bikini on stage...and ironically, the outfit she wore at the VMAs this year was pretty much more revealing than anything she wore when she was a teenager.

Just as a FYI: Women with fantastic figures (Jennifer Garner comes to mind) have said that they often wear Spanx or girdles underneath their gowns when they walk the red carpet.

+ Reply to Thread