+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2566569;
    I guess in a world where body image is EVERYTHING, she at least had the guts to come out and show the world, she's ok with how she looks.
    If that was all that was behind this, most people would be fine with it. But Britney is more of a delusional type, who probably wore that outfit more in denial of the fact that time has passed and that she now looks like a normal woman, rather than to make a deliberate statement about that fact.

In other words, I doubt she's "ok" with how she looks because I bet she doesn't truly acknowledge it. Just like I don't think she truly acknowledges being a parent (in any meaningful way at least), or in some ways even an adult.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2566558;
    absolutely agree. i wish angelina adopts the kids
    Oh, ick! Why do you hate Brit and Kevin's kids so much? I think they've suffered enough already.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I read that Britney grosses about $700,000 per month. What's that from? Royalites? Investments? Her perfume?

Boy, if I earned that much every year, I'd quit my job and just live off the interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2566608;
    But Britney is more of a delusional type, who probably wore that outfit more in denial of the fact that time has passed and that she now looks like a normal woman.
    Considering the obesity rate in the US, she looks nothing like a normal woman. She just looks like someone who had 2 children almost back to back. I'll agree with everything else you said, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2566608;
    If that was all that was behind this, most people would be fine with it. But Britney is more of a delusional type, who probably wore that outfit more in denial of the fact that time has passed and that she now looks like a normal woman, rather than to make a deliberate statement about that fact.

In other words, I doubt she's "ok" with how she looks because I bet she doesn't truly acknowledge it. Just like I don't think she truly acknowledges being a parent (in any meaningful way at least), or in some ways even an adult.
    I absolutely agree. Britney is so far from recognizing reality right now that the judgements of a "normal person" can't be applied to her. I think that when Britney looks in the mirror, she still sees the girl from the I'm a Slave for You video -- hair, makeup, body, and talent. She would probably watch the performance from the VMAs and be proud of it. I don't think that she grasps reality well enough anymore to realize that people are laughing at her and not with her.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2566563;
    I don't see him using the press at all. When did you see a pic of him with the kids in the press? If anything, it's Brit that is using them.
    I agree with this. I actually remember during his marriage to Brit that he spent a lot of time with his kids from the other woman. I never got a sense that he was a bad father (though perhaps not the best husband) and always did feel that he was the more on top of things of the two of them.

Not for nothing, but why are personal assistants needed to buy a cake, banner and balloons? It's not like that's complicated or particularly time consuming. Why does Kevin even need a personal assistant?
    Given a choice amongst sending someone else out for the supplies, shopping for the supplies with two babies in tow, or leaving the babies with the assistants while I went shopping for supplies, I would probably make the same choice he did.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2566706;
    Given a choice amongst sending someone else out for the supplies, shopping for the supplies with two babies in tow, or leaving the babies with the assistants while I went shopping for supplies, I would probably make the same choice he did.
    Agreed. Makes sense. My question actually has more to do with...why does everyone have a personal assistant these days? He doesn't make enough money on his own (or so he says) and wants more from Britney...so how does he pay for his personal assistant? And is his schedule so busy that he needs a personal assistant? Oh, who cares. Why ask why...

LG.

I thought I read somewhere that Kev gets $30,000 / month in alimony from Brit (part of her $700,000 a month she makes in royalties and whatnot), so heck, with that money, I'd hire an assistant too. I hate dragging the kids to the store as we always end up spending more time and more money than if I'd sent someone else or gone alone.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I believe his alimony ends soon, since they were married so briefly. Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2566763;
    I believe his alimony ends soon, since they were married so briefly. Then what?
    He might actually have to go out and *gasp* work! That is, if he's even capable of actually doing anything besides... well, I'm not exactly sure he can do anything. He's just as useless as his ex. Used to be she could at least out-lipsynch him, but I suppose now she's leveled the playing field in that area too.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread