+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 140 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Leo
    Premium Member
    I feel really sorry for those kids. If it was anyone else aside from Britney or K-Fed involved in the custody battle, they'd lose. Britney versus anyone else, she'd lose. K-Fed versus anyone else, he'd lose. They are two of the unworthiest parents I've ever seen.

The title of this thread is so funny. I hope she can get her lip syncing career back on track.I like her performances and videos though.
    I love Top model and I love life.
    http://tsparkles.kk5.org/ my friend

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Britney to rehab, I mean a spa.

Former pop star Britney Spears reportedly checked in to a luxury Arizona spa called Sanctuary. According to Life & Style Weekly, the singer's parents are urging their daughter to enter therapy. "It's just been heartbreaking for her parents to watch Britney on this downward spiral," a Spears "insider" reportedly told the magazine. "It's so sad."

"With these celebrities, 'exhaustion' sometimes means something else and a little rest at a spa sometimes actually translates into something a little more serious," a source told the magazine. The spa caters for those who want to detox or just relax but speculation is rife that "detox" really should read "dry out".

“Sanctuary” is nestled in the red rocks of the Camelback Mountain, in paradise Valley, Scottsdale. The spa is secluded from public view and a private guesthouse suite like the one Britney is staying in could cost up to $1,500 a night. The room features butler service, private heated swimming pool, luxury kitchen, two bedrooms and a patio, Hollyscoop reports.

Britney has been working on tracks for her new album at Jive Records' recording studio in New York, but according to NYP's Cindy Adams, there is talk within the label that the former pop star's new tunes aren't too great. Recording on her new album has been put on hiatus because the five tracks delivered so far were so bad, Jive isn't sure how to proceed, Adams reports. "Jive fears she's alienating her fan base. Jive is not in sync with the five tracks Brit delivered."

However, Jive Records had a very different take on Adams' claims. A rep for Jive released the following statement to Access Hollywood: "No rehab, and Cindy Adams' piece is inaccurate. No clue where she go her 'information.' Britney is in the middle of recording. We will have an album in 2007."

Britney Spears passed out of tiredness at Caesar Palace's Pure nightclub in Las Vegas just after midnight at the New Year party. Her manager rushed to deny reports circulating that Spears, 25, collapsed shortly after midnight and was carried out by bodyguards.

"By about one o'clock, she was just done, so we took her out," Spears's manager, Larry Rudolph, told The Associated Press yesterday. "She was not drunk. She was just tired and falling asleep." "There is nothing out of the ordinary here," he said. Allegedly, she didn't require medical attention.

The news comes just a few days after the largest and probably best Britney Spears fan site, WorldofBritney.com, is shutting down "as Britney keeps losing her identity and credibility within fans and industry people."
    Link

The good old "exhaustion" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2194711;
    Link

The good old "exhaustion" excuse.
    I'm sure it was the first time in a while that she had worn underwear. Maybe they just cut off the blood flow to her head & she passed out.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2194715;
    I'm sure it was the first time in a while that she had worn underwear. Maybe they just cut off the blood flow to her head & she passed out.
    A medical intervention.

FORT Fogey
    i think she should go to counseling or something. she let that loser of a guy destroy her.

well karma is a b*****, she screwed justin.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.people.com/people/article...006338,00.html

Britney Spears Having a 'Rocky Moment,' Says Manager
    THURSDAY JANUARY 04, 2007 11:30 AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

The New Year is about to bring a new, improved Britney Spears, her manager vows, adding that the pop princess is aware that her image has suffered lately.

"She understands what's going on right now, and she calls it her 'rocky moment,' " manager Larry Rudolph tells USA Today. "Britney knows exactly what she needs to do."

He adds, "She's taking all the right steps. Britney Spears will be back and absolutely at the top of the entertainment industry very soon."

Rudolph's comments are, in part, in response to an announcement that on Jan. 31, the 6-year-old "World of Britney" Web site, the largest unofficial fan site devoted to the 25-year-old singer, is shutting down. (In its first five years, the site reportedly attracted about 30 million Spears fans.)

"I've not been happy with the way she's portraying herself," the site's founder, Ruben Garay, told the newspaper.

Rudolph says he knows many fans have been put off by Spears's recent behavior. "From what they've been seeing and hearing, I understand the disappointment," Rudolph says. "But Britney is increasingly motivated to get out there. She sees this as a challenge, that some fans may be questioning her. She is respectful. She sees this as her challenge to win them back."

Rudolph termed Spears's filing for divorce from Kevin Federline on Nov. 7 "a sign to fans that she's serious" about a professional comeback, and added that she is about half-finished with her next album and plans to concentrate on it in full in the coming weeks.

"She's real excited," he said, estimating that the single will be out by late summer with the album to follow in late fall.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2195380;
    Rudolph's comments are, in part, in response to an announcement that on Jan. 31, the 6-year-old "World of Britney" Web site, the largest unofficial fan site devoted to the 25-year-old singer, is shutting down. (In its first five years, the site reportedly attracted about 30 million Spears fans.)

"I've not been happy with the way she's portraying herself," the site's founder, Ruben Garay, told the newspaper.
    Having never been a Britney Spears fan, nor am I motivated enough to go look at this fan site mentioned, I do have to stop a minute and give props to this guy Ruben Garay. I think it must be hard for someone who was fanatical enough about a celeb to build up a site like that mentioned above to actually take a hard look at his celeb and to take such a courageous step to back up his convictions in a public arena. So many fans refuse to accept it when their celeb idol is no longer worthy of their praise (if they ever were), and they just keep defending outrageous behaviour for years (did someone mention Michael Jackson SNEHNESNE fans?). And because of that, some of these celebs feel sanctioned in continuing to act like they do because they feel their fans will be fans no matter what.

So kudos for this Ruben Garay for backing up his convictions with actions, and sending a message that some celeb fanbases do have limits on what they'll put up with. Six years of maintaining such a popular website... it can't have been a decision he came to lightly. Bravo, Mr. Garay.

And by the way, I don't buy all the excuses her and her manager keep giving. Her 'rocky moment'? lol, good one... is she living in a time warp where years equals a 'moment'?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8MN4BU80.htm

Britney's ex to star in Super Bowl ad
    January 17, 2007, 10:50AM EST
    COLUMBUS, Ohio

Britney Spears no longer wants him as her husband and audiences have been cool to his attempt at a rap music career, but Kevin Federline has Nationwide on his side.

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., known for its "On Your Side" slogan, plans to run a national ad during the Super Bowl, and K-Fed has been tapped to star, the Columbus-based company announced Wednesday.

The 30-second spot airing during the third quarter of the Feb. 4 game will be the latest installment in Nationwide's "Life Comes at You Fast" ad campaign. Previous celebrity ads in the series have featured male model Fabio and rapper M.C. Hammer.

In the new commercial, Federline, 28, goes from starring in a rap video surrounded by beauties and bling to working at a fast-food joint.

"No one has personified 'Life Comes at You Fast' in the media better than Federline," said Steven Schreibman, Nationwide vice president of advertising and brand management. "Our partnership with Kevin shows the world that he has a great sense of humor."

Spears filed for divorce from Federline in November after two years of marriage. The couple agreed to share custody of their two young children for this month, but after that, Federline will be allowed visits three afternoons per week.

His debut rap album, "Playing With Fire," sold a dismal 6,500 copies in its first week of release last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2207287;
    http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8MN4BU80.htm

Britney's ex to star in Super Bowl ad
    January 17, 2007, 10:50AM EST
    COLUMBUS, Ohio

Britney Spears no longer wants him as her husband and audiences have been cool to his attempt at a rap music career, but Kevin Federline has Nationwide on his side.

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., known for its "On Your Side" slogan, plans to run a national ad during the Super Bowl, and K-Fed has been tapped to star, the Columbus-based company announced Wednesday.

The 30-second spot airing during the third quarter of the Feb. 4 game will be the latest installment in Nationwide's "Life Comes at You Fast" ad campaign. Previous celebrity ads in the series have featured male model Fabio and rapper M.C. Hammer.

In the new commercial, Federline, 28, goes from starring in a rap video surrounded by beauties and bling to working at a fast-food joint.

"No one has personified 'Life Comes at You Fast' in the media better than Federline," said Steven Schreibman, Nationwide vice president of advertising and brand management. "Our partnership with Kevin shows the world that he has a great sense of humor."

Spears filed for divorce from Federline in November after two years of marriage. The couple agreed to share custody of their two young children for this month, but after that, Federline will be allowed visits three afternoons per week.

His debut rap album, "Playing With Fire," sold a dismal 6,500 copies in its first week of release last fall.
    The really sad thing about this article is that there were 6,500 folks lined up waiting with anticipation to buy K Fed's album.

+ Reply to Thread