+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 140 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n2237154.shtml

Britney Talks Panties And Partying
    Spears Says 'Thank God' For Victoria's Secret In A Message On Her Web Site

(CBS) Britney Spears is thankful for Victoria's Secret and perhaps enjoying her "newfound freedom" a little too much, she says in a new posting on her Web site.

The pop star, who's received some heat for her nights out with Paris Hilton and her penchant for not wearing underwear, posted a holiday message to her fans and talked a bit about the panty situation.

"It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends. It's also been two years since I've even celebrated my birthday," said Spears, who celebrated her 25th birthday recently with Hilton at L.A.'s Hyde club
    "Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected, and I probably did take my newfound freedom a little too far," she admits.

"Anyway, thank God for Victoria's Secrets' new underwear line! I look forward to a new year, new music and a new me!" she wrote.

"I'm just getting started," she said. "Happy Holidays everyone!"

The New York Post reported yesterday that the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services has been trying to set up a meeting with Spears.

"The department has been calling Britney trying to set up a meeting with her, so they can check on (Spears' sons with Kevin Federline, Sean Preston and Jaden James). The calls started after this recent bout of bizarre public behavior," a source told the newspaper.

The Post reports that Spears' family is also worried about her new party lifestyle — and antics with the paparazzi (i.e. being caught in photos minus underwear).

Meanwhile, Spears' ex, Kevin Federline, is busy retooling his image into that of a serious, respectable adult.

A spokesman for Federline's divorce attorney released a statement Wednesday detailing an evening out with the aspiring rapper.

According to the statement, Federline dined out with lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan at a Beverly Hills steakhouse Tuesday — and then had a pleasant chat with the press.

Federline told E! News that he wants the public to know that he is a family man, adding "that is me, that is the truth, that is — in all honesty — that is what it is."

He also said that he sees himself a year from now "making movies" — presumably legitimate feature films — and that he's very happy and moving forward in his career.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    While I don't necessarily agree with the degree of partying that Britney has been doing lately, why is she being raked over the coals when there are other celebrity parents who party and they haven't been scrutinized to the extent she has???? One example that I can think of is Pam Anderson (who I also love) has always "partied" even when her kids were younger as did their daddy, Tommy Lee.

I don't agree with the fact that Britney is thought of as a "bad" parent and no one is now following Kevin around and capturing his antics, antics which he's ALWAYS had during the entire marriage.

Coming from the South, Britney's mom just needs to yank her up and give her a good "whooping" and set her straight!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

LG.
    well I think that Britney's fans are most upset because they thought that K-Fed was a bad influence and bringing her down, but that she'd do better off without him. No-one expects K-Fed to be a good parent. People were just hoping for better from Britney. Now Pam Anderson - yikes. Not a parent of the year. Even worse is probably Anna Nicole, who seems stoned out of her mind in every interview. Who is taking care of the baby? Anyone would be better than Anna Nicole. And Britney's younger son is only 2 months old, I guess that is why this is so appalling. Not surprising to me, but when you are currently in a pending messy divorce and fighting over custody, um, stay home a little. That doesn't take a law degree to figure out. Try to let the court see that you are a better parent than K-Fed, again, not tough if she puts forth the effort.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Britney Spears
    "Anyway, thank God for Victoria Secrets' new underwear line!"
    Pssst, Brit dear... underwear has been around for a long time, long before VS's new line of undies. So yes! you had no reason to wander around pantiless in the miniskirts with paparazzi lighting your path everywhere you go. You're actually starting to accomplish the impossible: making your party pal Paris Hilton look like she has some class (next to you, anyway). So please, Brit... panties are a good thing when you're drunkenly diving into a car's back seat wearing a miniskirt. Wear a pair, save our eyes.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

How many regular (i.e., non-celebrity) people have the luxury of blowing off CFS?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Will this girl never learn???

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    She's basically telling any family court judge that might hear the child custody case that she is more concerned about her social life than her children. Somebody in her camp better step up to the plate or those kids will be hanging out with K-fed and Shar Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2181641;
    She's basically telling any family court judge that might hear the child custody case that she is more concerned about her social life than her children. Somebody in her camp better step up to the plate or those kids will be hanging out with K-fed and Shar Jackson.
    If the truth be known, I really don't think she cares if she keeps the kids or not. She has to know that her behavior as of late would send up "red flags" in the eyes of the court, so as I see it- "She's not worried about it, because she just doesn't care!" It's really pretty obvious. Maybe she's hopin' her money & fame will do all the talkin'.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2181699;
    Maybe she's hopin' her money & fame will do all the talkin'.
    Could be. Unfortunately, it worked for Michael Jackson, so some celebs do let money and fame speak for them.

And no, I'm not comparing Britney Spears to Michael Jackson, only saying that in celeb-land, money and fame all too often let celebs get away with things they shouldn't, or things the rest of us never could.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2182507;
    Could be. Unfortunately, it worked for Michael Jackson, so some celebs do let money and fame speak for them.

And no, I'm not comparing Britney Spears to Michael Jackson, only saying that in celeb-land, money and fame all too often let celebs get away with things they shouldn't, or things the rest of us never could.
    Yep! Look at O. J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread