+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1400

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2747141;
    I feel like she's very uneducated and since she has been in showbiz for most of her life, she's used to getting anything she wants. Now that the real world has hit her, she has no idea how to handle it because no one taught her as a child. I do think she enjoys the attention because in her mind it means she's still a star..........if her parents were parents, they would have attempted to raise a more well rounded child.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]i agreed ! britney parent's are BAD ! BAD !
    do you know that britney mom hated britney and she literally slept with k-fed just to payback to britney ?!
    ewwwwww !!!!!! this is soo real
    and her parents don't even taught their daughter about 'safe'
    rolling eyes to jamie lynn

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2747141;
    I feel like she's very uneducated and since she has been in showbiz for most of her life, she's used to getting anything she wants. Now that the real world has hit her, she has no idea how to handle it because no one taught her as a child. I do think she enjoys the attention because in her mind it means she's still a star..........if her parents were parents, they would have attempted to raise a more well rounded child.
    If Brit's problem is organic, as in bipolar disorder, all of the "great raising" in the world won't help if the person isn't diagnosed/doesn't cooperate with taking the appropriate medications. I did read that if there is a history of bipolar disorder in the family, that it can definitely be passed on to offspring. The article stated that there is a 25% chance of the disorder showing up if one of your parents is bipolar, but it can go back even further than your parents. Didn't she have a grandmother that had problems, and suicided?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I was thinking about this the other day, and since some on here have commented that they are familair with bi-polar from family experiences, woudl be curious to hear that perspective ...

There have been reports of bi-polar diagnosis for both Britney Spears and Michael Jackson. Would it make sense for the periods of manic in their disorders to be a contributing factor to the fame and success they experienced? In order to succeed at the stature either of them achieved in the music industry, you've got to be willing to work harder and more often than anyone else who is doing what you're doing. From the little I know about the mania side of bi-polar, it sounds like that sort of "energy" could be put into going non-stop performing, recording, etc etc. Is it completely outlandish to think that there could be a connection there that would support the bi-polar diagnosis reports?

I think there are different forms of mania associated with being bi-polar. Carrie Fisher had days on end where she didn't sleep at all and would paint her walls to pass the time. Others will go out and party with friends and then there are some who just sit inside their homes and freak out hoping it will pass. During the depression part, they would sleep for days.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2747103;
    Another common bond in that list is that they live in LA. (well, I'm not sure about Jodie Foster - I THINK she still does).
    Actually John Travolta and family live in Florida. Although he owns a home in both California and Maine, they've lived in Florida since he and Kelly married, and he was already living there prior to the marriage.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by derekt;2747153;
    do you know that britney mom hated britney and she literally slept with k-fed just to payback to britney ?!
    ewwwwww !!!!!!
    That was never more than a short-lived rumor from a rag mag, and there was never anything found that gave any weight to that rumor. I, for one, don't give it any credence whatsoever.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2747085;
    What struck me about that list is that those particular people are known to have strong, stable relationships with their significant others. No divorces (I do believe Travolta was married once before, though?), no custody battles. I think it goes to show that no matter who you are, your personal relationships are the most important thing.
    Not to get too sidetracked, but I don't think John Travolta has ever been divorced. He was involved in a serious relationship during his Welcome Back, Kotter days and his girlfriend (who was significantly older than him, if I'm remembering this correctly) died of cancer. I think Tom Hanks though might have been married previously and then divorced before marrying Rita Wilson. I think his son Colin is from his first marriage and he has other (younger) kids with Rita.

FORT Fogey

Rita Wilson is Tom Hank's second wife. And you're right - Travolta was seriously invovled with Diana Hyland (First mom on Eight is Enough) when she died of breast cancer.

I'd also mention that while we can assume stable relationships with Jodie Foster, and know that she's been with her current partner for quite some time, we don't know for sure with her. She keeps everything very very private, and unlike Travolta and Hanks, there would be no legal filings to declare marriages and divorces for her relationships ... unless she moves to Canada.

But all that aside, there is certianly something to be said for normalcy in Hollywood and having strong stable relationships. When you've got someone like that in your life, that person will make sure you don't start to believe the hype about yourself.

But even those who don't have strong stable relationships can manage to stay out of the watchful eye of the paparazzi and gossip reporters. There are usually long quite patches of time when you don't see a heck of a lot on Pam Anderson. She is not a poster child for stable relationships, but she also doesn't go out of her way on a daily basis to get the attention of the paparazzi. In times that she wants the attention, she courts and and gets it. Other times, she doesn't court it, and they leave her alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2747237;
    Not to get too sidetracked, but I don't think John Travolta has ever been divorced. He was involved in a serious relationship during his Welcome Back, Kotter days and his girlfriend (who was significantly older than him, if I'm remembering this correctly) died of cancer. I think Tom Hanks though might have been married previously and then divorced before marrying Rita Wilson. I think his son Colin is from his first marriage and he has other (younger) kids with Rita.
    You have a great memory, MMLEsq

John Travolta has indeed only been married once, to his current wife Kelly Preston. Before that, the only serious romantic involvement that we ever heard about regarding him was his relationship with the older Diana Hyland, and he was with her until her death in 1977 of breast cancer. He married Kelly in 1991.

Tom Hanks was married and divorced once before marrying Rita Wilson. Tom and his first wife Samantha had two children, Colin and Elizabeth, during their 9 year marriage from 1978-1987. Tom and Rita married in 1988, and they also have two sons of their own.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2747103;
    Another common bond in that list is that they live in LA. (well, I'm not sure about Jodie Foster - I THINK she still does). You can absolutely live in LA and not get stalked by the paparazzi. But like Blues Songstres said, when you tell the paparazzi where you'll be, ask them to follow you, and befriend them, then you can't be surprised that they're around -- you ASKED them to be there!!!!! MsDiva, don't let Britney fool you in to thinking she wants them to go away but they won't. It is simply not the case, and there is plenty of evidence out there to back that up.

I think MRD is exactly right - there are two ways to be famous. You can either be very talented in your chosen field, or you can be semi-talented and beg and plead for the attention. Britney isn't talented enough to be there on that alone, and she's well aware of it. (well, she was aware of it back in the day that she was sane. Now, it's just an addicton that has nothing to do with fame)

Actually Travolta lives in Jacksonville, Florida.

But you and Ajane are right. You can be in the business and not let it affect your relationships and you can live in the midst of it and still maintain a personal life that isn't splashed across the news and tabloids.

And look at the stars that have children, but have managed to raise them OUT of the limelight, dont' allow photos of them, etc.

And honestly, I dont' even know how many, what genders or ages the children of Foster, Hanks or Travolta are. And I personally don't care either.

Those with talent can rely on the talent. Those without have to create a huge media blitz to hide the fact that they have little talent. Once upon a time, these kind of actions would have caused Brittany to lose her contracts. Or most of it would have been covered up because the record companies, the movie studios, etc., wanted their stars to have clean images.

What's telling is that last week, when my friends daughter was here, we were playing a game called "celebrity heads". Basically everyone writes down the names of famous people (it can be anyone. We had George Washington to Harry Potter) and you draw a name, but can't look at it. You tape it to your forehead (yeah, its fun, believe me) so everyone else can see it and you ask yes or no questions and try to guess who you are. The 11 year old caught on quickly, but here is the telling part.
    She had guessed correctly her person was female, in the music business, etc. and her next question was this: "Have I ever been to rehab?". 11 years old and she knows about this stuff because of Brittany, Lindsay, et al.
    I wished right then, that those "stars" could have seen it and how this child knew enough about it to ask that kind of question.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread