+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 140 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1400

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

I used to tune in to find out about Celebrities upcoming movies,awards shows etc related to their careers. Now they really aren't worth watching because I could care less what these people do when not working. Often times they don't do anything different than most people it is just dramatized for ratings.

The normal nightly news is even to the point they are broadcasting Brittany's mess that plenty of reg people go through also like it is news. Out in the real world all over the country people are confused about why a celebrity divorce,custody suit, mental problems are so enthralling to these celebrity news hounds? Everyone has issues they are dealing with and this is everyday drama for some folks. What exactly is news about it?

Brittany Spears won't go away because the media refuses to let her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2745997;
    The normal nightly news is even to the point they are broadcasting Brittany's mess that plenty of reg people go through also like it is news. Out in the real world all over the country people are confused about why a celebrity divorce,custody suit, mental problems are so enthralling to these celebrity news hounds? Everyone has issues they are dealing with and this is everyday drama for some folks. What exactly is news about it?
    While I do wish that news programs would all devote more time to real issues and less to Britney Spears, I would say that at this point, the things going on with her are in fact news stories to be covered. There are times when a celebrity story crosses the threashhold to be a news story -- the accusations against Michael Jackson, OJ, etc. I don't think that is a new phenomenon either. Elvis dying brought about extensive news reports on legitimate news broadcasts. So there is a point where a celebrity story becomes news. To me, the tragedy that is Britney is more to that point than Brad and Angelina deciding to live in New Orleans for a few months is.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2745984;
    And the stars are not forced to hide in their homes because they are in show business. They just need to go out to the mom and pop Itallian restuarant instead of The Ivy. They need to go shopping somewhere other than the 5 or 6 stores / malls that are known for calling paparazzi to tip them off when a star shows up to shop. They need to go about living normal lives instead of walking all the way from their house to their car saying "look at me! Look at me! I'm going out now! Take my picture! Follow me around".
    True. And there are many, many "stars" that you seldom see or hear about outside of their professional lives, so it CAN be done. Those who are always in the spotlight are there by choice. I don't feel sorry for them.

Britney is living her meltdown in the media because she doesn't have the capacity to understand that she is actually having a meltdown or that it shouldn't be played out where the entire world can see it. I feel badly that she is in such a bad mental state and it would be nice if the paparazzi would leave her alone, but one can hardly blame them for doing their jobs.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 01-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2746054;
    it would be nice if the paparazzi would leave her alone, but one can hardly blame them for doing their jobs.
    However, one can blame them for choosing such a vulturine job in the first place. I'm hard pressed to think of a "profession" I have less respect for. And that includes pop tart.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2746082;
    However, one can blame them for choosing such a vulturine job in the first place. I'm hard pressed to think of a "profession" I have less respect for. And that includes pop tart.

Papparazzi is basically legalized stalking. If I went out and took pics of my neighbors like they do, holding up traffic and almost causing collisions I would be accused of stalking. Anyone else using the tactics these people use often endangering others we would be locked up.

I watched a show last night dedicated to Brittney and they showed the paps parked on the edge of the street in a row waiting for hours to possibly see her driving down the street. Once they caught an SUV that could have her in it, they nearly hit each other driving to get to the SUV. I think it is ridiculous and they should be fined for loitering or something.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Sorry, but we keep the paparazzi in business by eating up the stuff they feed us. As long as we continue to do so, they will be there ready and waiting, loitering and being a general nuisance until they deliver the product we expect from them.

And celebs like Britney, Paris & Lindsay feed the machine by being willing participants in the game.

Photographer Details Ride with Britney Spears

The photographer who gave Britney Spears a lift to her Studio City home after she abandoned her car with a flat tire Monday night has detailed their brief ride together, saying the pop star spent most of the ride sending text messages.

"She broke out her cell phone and was sending text messages the entire time," the pap, who works for photo agency x17, says on their Web site.

He also says the singer put on Timbaland's "Shock Value," got quiet when asked about spending time with Adnan Ghalib, and that she invited the photographer inside once they reached her house.

At one point during the ride, the photographer snapped his fingers and said to Spears: "Hey, girl, are you alright?" then told her not to worry. Spears's reaction? She laughed, according to the account.

Inside her reportedly immaculate home, Spears told the photographer "don't be lame" when he asked permission to snap her photo.

Later Monday night, Spears and her assistant, Carla, had dinner in a room at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, then stayed the night at the nearby Peninsula Hotel.
    Photographer Details Ride with Britney Spears - Britney Spears : People.com

Of course her home is immaculate, she doesn't live there. She lives in hotels. Speaking of which, the way the story is written it seems like she got a room at the Four Seasons and ate dinner in it (not that she ate dinner in a restaurant at the hotel), then got a different room at another hotel to stay the night. Why exactly does one get a room in a hotel just to have dinner?

I don't understand why she stays in hotels. If you have a million plus dollar house, why pay thousands a night for a hotel suite?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Not only ONE house... she has TWO in the area!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread