+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1400

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

She's back to keeping the roads hot....

Link Here

First a meltdown, then a blowout.

After finally returning to her Studio City home from her forced hospitalization, Britney Spears ventured out in her car Monday evening, only to end up with a flat tire.

Driving her white Mercedes and accompanied by her assistant, Spears, 26, popped a tire in Brentwood after visiting a drug store.

With the paparazzi on her tail, she continued to drive with the flat a few miles down the road without her lights on, and even passed by a gas station.

The singer's flat caused mayhem for the LA traffic. On her way back to her house, Spears pulled over and was met by police officers who allowed her to abandon her vehicle on the side of the road.

Spears was given a ride away from the scene not by the police, but by photographers who had been trailing her.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

All I can do is shake my head at this point......she walked away from the only shot at true help that she's been given. Go Britney, go drive around, go be a famewhore, go court and coo at the paparazzi and let those left in your wake raise your children.

Britney Spears's Car Impounded

Britney Spears's wild ride left the troubled pop star car-less Monday night, after cops impounded her abandoned vehicle.

"Ms. Spears's car was impounded," Lt. David Grimes of the Los Angeles Police Department, West L.A. station, said after a flat tire had caused the troubled pop star to leave her white Mercedes in the middle of the road in Brentwood, Calif.

"Officers on the scene told me it was blocking the roadway," said Grimes, "and that it was unsafe enough to leave at the location."

After she had left the car, Spears who had ventured away from her Studio City home to go to a drugstore was given a lift by some of the photographers who had been trailing her.

As for her Mercedes, "It was towed by a private company that's contracted with the city," said Grimes. "Her car is being held at the official police garage tow yard."

The standard pricing at the Quicksilver Towing facility is a $104 towing fee, plus $32 for each day it remains in the tow yard. If the car isn't picked up within 30 days, it gets put up for auction, an employee told PEOPLE.

Regarding the status of the impounded vehicle, which is being treated by authorities as any car involved in an accident would be, spokesman Grimes said, "There's not a hold on the vehicle. She just needs to show up to obtain it. She'll have to pay tow fees, and that total cost depends on how many days she leaves it there."

He added, "But she won't get any citations or fines."

After photographers dropped the pop star and her assistant off at home, the two jumped into a Toyota Camry and went to the Four Seasons hotel in Los Angeles.
    Britney Spears's Car Impounded - Crime & Courts, : People.com

How can she not have AAA? Seriously, who gets a flat tire, drives on it for several miles, including past a gas station, and then just abandons the car in the middle of the road?? I guess someone who is used to having other people clean up her messes (Oops! I did it again, indeed!).

I'm amazed, at this point, that places like the Four Seasons haven't tried to strongly discourage her from checking in. If I was a guest there I wouldn't be thrilled to have photographers camped out there (which I'm guesing there are) and the whole media circus that accompanies BS wherever she goes.

At least Jamie Lynn is trying to stay out of the limelight and supposedly studying for her GED. Maybe there's some hope for her.

I just saw this story as well... I don't mind Dr. Phil that much, maybe because I've only seen his show once or twice, but the bolded part made me laugh out loud...

Dr. Phil criticized for Britney brouhaha

By JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - Dr. Phil's public brand of tough love sometimes makes him tough to love, particularly among mental health professionals who are accusing television's self-help guru of making an uncalled-for house call on Britney Spears this week.

Although Dr. Phil whose full name is Phillip McGraw announced Monday that he is shelving plans for a show on Spears' latest breakdown, some in the mental health community say just showing up at her hospital room last week was going too far.

"It's true people sometimes need to be placed under involuntary mental health treatment because they can't take care of themselves," veteran psychiatrist Dr. Jeffrey Sugar said of the 26-year-old Spears. "But there's a difference between being detained involuntarily for psychological treatment and being forced to endure Dr. Phil involuntarily."

Spears, who appeared to have enough trouble already, saw McGraw barge into her life Saturday when he showed up at her room at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as she was about to be discharged. She had been taken there Thursday after an hours-long standoff with police that was triggered by her custody dispute with ex-husband Kevin Federline.

A court commissioner on Friday gave Federline full custody of sons, 1-year-old Jayden James and 2-year-old Sean Preston.

McGraw said he was invited to the hospital by Spears' family.

Sugar, chief of child and adolescent psychiatry, crisis and emergency service for the University of Southern California, said that isn't good enough. Late adolescent or not, he said, Spears is still an adult who has the right to decide who she lets into her hospital room.

In a statement posted on his Web site Monday, McGraw said he had hoped to film a show this week that might help other families facing the same troubles as Spears.

That's assuming, of course, they have been in and out of rehab in recent months, arrived in public in short skirts and no underwear, shaved their heads bald, run over a photographer's foot, banged up a car in a parking lot and left without notifying the owner, and attacked another car with an umbrella.

But in the end even McGraw, never too shy to blurt "What were you thinking?" to a troubled guest, seemed to agree that putting Spears or her family and friends in front of the cameras wasn't wise.

"Because the Spears situation is too intense at this time, and out of consideration to the family, I have made the decision not to move forward with the taping," he said on his Web site. He didn't say whether he planned to do a show later, and a spokeswoman for the show declined to elaborate.

"Certainly I think it's a good idea to stop that show dead," said Dr. Richard Harding, professor of neuropsychiatry at the University of South Carolina. "This isn't the time to be exploiting anybody and making examples out of anybody."

Sociologist Julie Albright, an expert in family therapy at USC, agreed with Harding that while McGraw's sometimes bellicose approach can be helpful under the right circumstances, Spears is in perhaps too fragile an emotional state for it.

"It looks as though her behavior has been unraveling for some time now. Frankly, it's reached a point of being pretty frightening," she said.

"People may have thought it was entertaining or funny, but really it's a cry for help, and I hope people around her will respond and get her the help she needs," Albright said.

Also, Albright said, the tough-love therapy that McGraw practices is really only the first of many steps therapists must take to change destructive behavior. What's more, she said, it really only works when the recipient is receptive.

"It's hard to do therapy or intervention in a half-hour or one hour-spot," she said. "They have these longer interventions that they follow up with. That's where important change will occur, not necessarily in the one-hour sound bite of a show."

Still, at least one pop psychologist couldn't fault McGraw for trying.

"I'm sure Dr. Phil does not want to exploit her. He has all this experience in helping people get over problems," said Dr. Joyce Brothers, who herself has been dispensing psychological advice to TV viewers for more than 30 years.

But Brothers, who like McGraw has a Ph.D. in psychology, acknowledged that key for any therapist is getting the person to listen to them.

"He has a lot to offer," Brothers said of McGraw. "But only to the person who wants it."
    Dr. Phil criticized for Britney brouhaha - Yahoo! News

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I have never watched anything with Dr. Phil on it, so I don't really have any opinion about his abilities as a psychologist. However, everything about his involvement here screams "photo op". It seems to me that no professional psychologist would have acted in this manner, nor would one think that a televised intervention would be in Britney's best interest. Don't guess I'll be watching anything Dr. Phil-related in the future either.

"But there's a difference between being detained involuntarily for psychological treatment and being forced to endure Dr. Phil involuntarily." Classic.

I get the feeling the media and the papparazzi won't be happy until Brittany is dead. One reason I could never be a celebrity is the constant media & papparazzi stalking people to their deaths.

Programs like Showbiz tonight,TMZ,etc seem to relish and take great joy once they find a celeb on a downward spiral. The laughter as they discuss the celeb and their obvious troubled life is appalling. Brittany Spears is a human being first and the media needs to remember that and give the woman some space and respect her "human right to a little privacy so she can try to get some help without all the cameras around. Sadly I see a Anna Nicole ending in Brittanys life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2745848;
    I get the feeling the media and the papparazzi won't be happy until Brittany is dead. One reason I could never be a celebrity is the constant media & papparazzi stalking people to their deaths.

Programs like Showbiz tonight,TMZ,etc seem to relish and take great joy once they find a celeb on a downward spiral. The laughter as they discuss the celeb and their obvious troubled life is appalling. Brittany Spears is a human being first and the media needs to remember that and give the woman some space and respect her "human right to a little privacy so she can try to get some help without all the cameras around. Sadly I see a Anna Nicole ending in Brittanys life.

I have a hard time really feeling sorry for Britney for the paparazzi, because she begs and courts so much of it. People have gone on record to say that during their marriage, either Britney or Kevin would go out to the end of their driveway each day to announce their schedule to the paparazzi to ensure they'd be followed. They've also confirmed Britney asking her bodyguards to ensure the paparazzi could get close at major moments in her life.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - NO ONE needs to buy gas as often as Britney does. She goes places and does things that she knows will get her attention.

Now, I can feel sad for an alcoholic when he goes to get more booze. I can feel sad for a coke addict when he goes to find his dealer. But that does not mean that in those cases, I blame either the booze or coke. In the same light, I don't put all the blame for the paparazzi attention in this case on the paparazzi. Britney is addicted to the attention. She seeks it and begs for it. They don't follow her around so much because they're trying to take her down. They follow her around so much because she makes it so easy.

Think about it -- There are pleanty of stars who you never see out to eat, shopping, etc. That's not because they never go out. It's because they avoid the restaurants and stores that are well-known to be havens for paparazzi. With very very few exceptions, stars can very easily live a life without any paparazzi around. But if they choose to do that, then they give up the attention that comes with it. It's a choice that they make.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We need to acknowledge the fact that Brit is worth a lot of money to the paparazzi. This is how they make their living and support their families. I don't begrudge them making their money this way; it's a symbiotic relationship. The "stars" need to decide which way they want it. Paparazzi help make the stars big. Anybody who really doesn't want the attention will make their homes someway/somewhere other than in an ostentacious manner in LA. And if she is unfortunate enough to die, that will be worth plenty of money to her buddies with the cameras and the nerve to chase the stories.

And as far as the Four Seasons Hotel is concerned, I'm sure they're making more money than they are losing with Britney's repeated patronage, so it's a winning situation for them, too. And how many fools do you think want to stay there because there is a good chance of a Britney sighting, or because that is where she has stayed?? I'm guessing business has never been so good. Brit is a cash cow for many businesses. Oh well.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2745865;
    Think about it -- There are pleanty of stars who you never see out to eat, shopping, etc. That's not because they never go out. It's because they avoid the restaurants and stores that are well-known to be havens for paparazzi. With very very few exceptions, stars can very easily live a life without any paparazzi around. But if they choose to do that, then they give up the attention that comes with it. It's a choice that they make.
    I am not saying that Brittany bares no responsibilty. I am just pondering does America and the world for that matter have a need to have her self destruction shown and laughed and joked about for tv ratings? It's a sad fact if people have to stop going out, and hide in their homes just because their career is show business. These people are entitled, just like I am to not have all of their personal business put out.

When I turn the tv on to these "show biz" entertainment shows all I see are happy,smiling,laughing people getting enjoyment out of what has happened to Brittany and reveling in the fact she is slowly killing herself. I'm sorry but that is not something people should have to suffer because they have a career in showbiz.:nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2745978;
    I am not saying that Brittany bares no responsibilty. I am just pondering does America and the world for that matter have a need to have her self destruction shown and laughed and joked about for tv ratings? It's a sad fact if people have to stop going out, and hide in their homes just because their career is show business. These people are entitled, just like I am to not have all of their personal business put out.

When I turn the tv on to these "show biz" entertainment shows all I see are happy,smiling,laughing people getting enjoyment out of what has happened to Brittany and reveling in the fact she is slowly killing herself. I'm sorry but that is not something people should have to suffer because they have a career in showbiz.:nono
    People also tune into those shows to find out about Brad and Angelina's latest adoption, or Suri Cruise's birthday party, or Eva Longoria's wedding celebration. So I think its safe to say that they don't "need" to have a star's self-destruction to be entertained. They're entertained with any information about celebrity's lives.

And the stars are not forced to hide in their homes because they are in show business. They just need to go out to the mom and pop Itallian restuarant instead of The Ivy. They need to go shopping somewhere other than the 5 or 6 stores / malls that are known for calling paparazzi to tip them off when a star shows up to shop. They need to go about living normal lives instead of walking all the way from their house to their car saying "look at me! Look at me! I'm going out now! Take my picture! Follow me around".

+ Reply to Thread