+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Just Won't Go Away

You know what - break up or don't. They're both twits. To defend him (why I would do this I have no idea), but there's hardly a guy Britney Spears could marry who would be as famous right now as she is. The handful of interviews I've seen her in prove she's definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box. And if in fact she texted him (or had someone else do it) with the news of your own divorce? How cruel is that? No matter what kind of tool he might be.
    And the bottom line... poor kids. Look who their parents are. Clearly not very mature on either part, him pretending to be a rock/rap star in his own right when you're so very clearly married to the person who's the reason for these opportunities. And her thinking marriage for 2 seconds and then 2 years now is the idea of a good role model? But then there's a laundry list of things they've both done which I wouldn't want any child to see.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Kevin Federline counter-filed court papers Wednesday seeking sole custody of the couple's two children.

The former backup dancer and aspiring rapper is also seeking spousal support. He says the couple's community assets are "uncertain," though Spears said in her divorce papers there were none to speak of, suggesting the two had a prenuptial agreement in place.

"Kevin is prepared to go the distance in order to do what he feels is necessary to protect and safeguard the children and will not be intimidated or dissuaded from pursuit of those goals," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan.
    Link

Umm Kevin, what about your kids with Shar Jackson? Do you want sole custody of them? Plus, why worry about spousal support? I'm sure your new album will be a blockbuster.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanda;2133707;
    ha. I want that link!!
    Check the link i posted previously.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I love how the public is uproarously applauding Britney for divorcing. As if it's some great thing to do. What number are we on for this "sacred" man/woman marriage thingy? Between the two, I think 4. Kids? Oh...yea. We've got at least 4 there too. YEAH!!
    Kids like these two are setting a fine, FINE example. YEAHHHH for divorce!!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-09-2006 at 04:49 AM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2134673;
    I love how the public is uproarously applauding Britney for divorcing. As if it's some great thing to do. What number are we on for this "sacred" man/woman marriage thingy? Between the two, I think 4. Kids? Oh...yea. We've got at least 4 there too. YEAH!!
    Kids like these two are setting a fine, FINE example. YEAHHHH for divorce!!!
    It is a shame that people think that divorce is the 'easy way out'. However- that said ; the average person could see Kevin Federline for what he was..a money hungry 'jerk' looking for a meal ticket. the guy leaves his pregnant girlfriend and young daughter to hook up with Britney. wasn't he one of Justin Timberlake's backup dancers? maybe he was good at 'something' but that didn't make him 'good husband material'. She goes on Dateline or 20/20 to profess how wonderful her marriage is; but the guy does not even appear with her to help support the claim. they've both been shown partying before and since the birth of their new baby- but not seemingly together. And now K-fed wants full custody and child support? he 's just afraid he's going to lose his sugarmama- and is trying to hold on any way that he can. would anyone in their right mind give this guy custody of those two young kids?

Seriously, I 've always had the opinion that Britney was trying to make Justin jealous- and unfortunately she ended up making herself a laughing stock, hopefully she can repair the damage and find a decent guy and raise those 2 kids to be decent people - despite their parentage. And hopefully K-fed can get a job at Mcdonalds or Walmart and fade into oblivion. His 15 minutes of fame were up long ago- of course he'll probably hook up with Paris Hilton and we'll have to continue to put up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2134229;
    Link

Kevin Federline counter-filed court papers Wednesday seeking sole custody of the couple's two children.

The former backup dancer and aspiring rapper is also seeking spousal support. He says the couple's community assets are "uncertain," though Spears said in her divorce papers there were none to speak of, suggesting the two had a prenuptial agreement in place.

"Kevin is prepared to go the distance in order to do what he feels is necessary to protect and safeguard the children and will not be intimidated or dissuaded from pursuit of those goals," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan.
    I find it highly ironic that they're both fighting for custody of the kids, yet neither one ever seems to want to be with the kids.

Britney Spears works the little black dress while out in New York City around 1 a.m. Wednesday – the same time estranged husband Kevin Federline was working the crowd in Chicago and touting his soon-to-be single status.
    http://people.aol.com/people/gallery...555864,00.html

It's too bad the nanny (or whoever actually takes care of these kids) can't file for custody.... the kids would probably be better off.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228344,00.html

Britney Self-Booked Letterman

Britney Spears — who I promise we won’t write about much longer — is on a tear.

She’s back with her former manager, Larry Rudolph, after a two-year baby making hiatus. And she may have been back with him for longer than ex-to-be Kevin understood, since Britney is said to recording her new album here in New York right now. (I know this is incredibly exciting. It’s almost like when Dylan did "Nashville Skyline"!)

But how, you might wonder, did the little pop tart arrange her visit the other night to David Letterman’s show? Since her loyal publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, has also been on ice for the last few months, Spears simply had her assistant pick up the phone and call Letterman’s beloved exec producer, Barbara Gaines.

So that’s it, really. Kevin will get half of whatever she earned during their two years of marriage, he’ll get a tad more for signing a 20-year confidentiality agreement. He’ll be set for life and have two children for whom no support money will be required. Britney will make another forgettable, fun dance album and clean up in Vegas. And with that, I return them all to the supermarket tabloids! Good luck, kids!
    A 20-year confidentiality agreement? Hmm... I wonder what that's for.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2133305;
    I knew it wouldn't last. Glad she wised up! He was such a "mooch."
    Maybe instead of calling him K-Fed we should now refer to him as Fed-X!
    I heard a parody on my local radio station this morning- Too funny!
    Insead of "Hit Me Baby One More Time", it was something like "Hit The Road Federline."
    Seems like the media outlets agree!
    ______________________________ ______________________________
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

And now what for Kevin Federline?

NEW YORK (AP) -- While a newly fit and fabulous Britney Spears appears to be staging a career comeback, her soon to be ex-husband, Kevin Federline, is hanging on by a very thin thread.

He might not get to continue that Gucci-wearing, high-rolling lifestyle he brags about in his rap songs. And his career -- cue the eye rolls -- is not taking off as he'd hoped.

After two years of marriage, Federline, 28, went from K-Fed to Fed-Ex on Tuesday when Spears filed for divorce in Los Angeles, citing "irreconcilable differences." The 24-year-old pop princess is seeking custody of their two young sons, with visitation rights for Federline. (What what broke Britney and K-Fed apart -- 4:39)

Federline counter-filed court papers Wednesday seeking sole custody and spousal support. The backup dancer-turned-rapper made only a brief reference to the impending split during a nighttime performance in Chicago.

"I've been seeing a lot of fine ladies -- you know who's about to be a free man?" he asked a few hundred audience-members, many of whom attended with tickets the House of Blues gave away free after lagging sales.

Flirtations aside, the divorce is bad news for K-Fed, who's been tagged as a party-loving bad boy and well-kept husband. There appears to be a prenuptial agreement, which "probably contains a waiver of alimony, but we don't know that," said Bethesda, Maryland-based divorce lawyer Glenn Cooper. "If he waived it, he won't get it." (Watch K-Fed's surprise at the news -- 4:07)

Federline's debut album, released on Halloween, sold a dismal 6,500 copies its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

He can't blame lack of publicity for the poor sales. "I think there are very few people who don't know that he has a record out," said Leah Greenblatt, a music writer at Entertainment Weekly magazine.

"But I haven't heard of any sort of appearance that he's made where he hasn't been heckled and booed ... he just strikes me as either completely clueless or just incredibly tenacious. And possibly deluded," Greenblatt said. (Read EW's interview with K-Fed.)

The guy also is having a tough time finding a friendly audience. Amid a chorus of boos, he was body-slammed last month by wrestler John Cena in an appearance on "WWE Monday Night Raw." He had to cancel a concert this week at a House of Blues in Cleveland, Greenblatt said, because of low ticket sales. He played to a nearly empty house at New York City's Webster Hall last weekend.

The 'curiosity factor'
    There was relatively little taunting Wednesday night from a Chicago crowd that appeared to contain a few genuine fans, though at least one man was led out by security after hoisting a large, cardboard sign insulting Federline's manhood.

One 27-year-old concert-goer from Chicago who gave his name as Dan High said he and his 23-year-old brother came to the show on free tickets.

"I know he's had a rough time touring," High said.

"I hope Chicago doesn't boo him," he said before the show. "I hate seeing artists booed regardless of whether or not he might be the greatest artist of all time."

Gary Bongiovanni, editor of Pollstar, which tracks concert tour schedules and sales, called Federline a "curiosity factor."

A Federline music future is not in the cards, Bongiovanni said, "unless there is a demand out there or somebody who believes in him and is willing to take a chance and willing to buy a whole tour of K-Fed and take him around the country."

"In fact," he added, "I'd almost expect him to drift away into obscurity. He gets a hit record, that changes everything. Absent that, you know, he gets divorced, there goes the curiosity factor."

What should Federline do next to remain in the spotlight?

In September, he guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," so he might try acting. Or he could return to his former profession: backup dancer to tried-and-true stars such as Christina Aguilera. "That's one genuine talent that he did have," Greenblatt said.

Semi-pro wrestler? Nah. Handbag designer? That's a low blow. Reality TV star?

That's more like it, says Greenblatt. "I don't see him as being that far below someone like Omarosa (from "The Apprentice") on the Hollywood food chain once the fallout settles."

On his way to party at a club following the Chicago concert, Federline was asked by a reporter if he was prepared for a legal fight with Spears. He smirked and didn't answer.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    As far as custody goes, you have an out-of work sperm donor who has kids all around but doesn't seem to care. On the other hand, you have a mother who once drove an SUV with her infant in her lap.

I'd still choose Britney. You can learn from mistakes, but I don't have much hope for Kevin.

Leo
    Premium Member
    This may explain the divorce. It's from the Sun, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...520666,00.html

Britney and Kev sex tape shock
    November 13, 2006

THE BRITNEY SPEARS and KEVIN FEDERLINE divorce has turned nasty after it was revealed he is touting a Paris Hilton-style video of the couple romping.

According to our sister paper The News Of The World, dumped husband K-Fed has already been offered £26million for the FOUR hour tape, shot in the early stages of the couple's relationship.

Britney fears the raunchy footage will destroy her wholesome image, unless she caves in to his demands for a £16million payoff and custody of their children Sean Preston, one, and Jayden James, eight weeks.

A friend of K-Fed's told the paper: "At the time (the video was made) the two of them were in the honeymoon stages of the relationship and couldn't keep their hands off each other.

"They did nothing all day but have sex - and play the odd game of chess.

"They were insatiable."

Britney slapped divorce papers on Federline after she caught him in a bedroom with another woman.

+ Reply to Thread