+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Brangelina

I think the baby looks really weird, I hope that this is not what their baby would look like, you'd think that two such beautiful persons could get a baby that looks better.
    It doesn't matter who the parents are, or what they look like. All babies look like Winston Churchill.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Whether the baby is a boy or a girl, it has some pretty good genes going for it on either side. And if he/she isn't happy, there's always plastic surgery. The baby is being brought into the world by a loving couple, who are financially secure, intelligent from all signs, and it already has a brother and sister to play with. Doors will open for this dear child all around the world. And we think this is a problem?

Maybe not the best scenario for Jen, but hey, life isn't fair. Better to be single and happy, then married and miserable, I've always believed.

Maybe that's why I only have two kitties. Hmmmm.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I wouldn't be surprized if the baby's last name was Smith...she made a comment that she'd never sleep with another woman's husband...yeah, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    It doesn't matter who the parents are, or what they look like. All babies look like Winston Churchill.

So true. My baby brother was an appalling-looking infant; it wasn't until he was a couple of months old that he got cute. My cousin looked like a hybrid between a 100-year-old lady and Winston Churchill when he was born. Very rarely do you see cute newly-borns. I'm with those of you who think that too much beauty might result in a weird-looking kid, though. Surprisingly, many beautiful people have rather ordinary-looking parents.

As for Angelina and Brad, I wish them all the best. They both seem like responsible and loving parents; I wish all Hollywood moms and dads could follow their example. I have to say, though, with their track record (especially Angie's), I find it hard to believe that they'll stick together. Let's hope they'll prove me wrong.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Well, my babies were perfectly beautiful when they were born. My totally unbiased opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Whether the baby is a boy or a girl, it has some pretty good genes going for it on either side. And if he/she isn't happy, there's always plastic surgery. The baby is being brought into the world by a loving couple, who are financially secure, intelligent from all signs, and it already has a brother and sister to play with. Doors will open for this dear child all around the world. And we think this is a problem?

Maybe not the best scenario for Jen, but hey, life isn't fair. Better to be single and happy, then married and miserable, I've always believed.
    Couldn't agree more. Angelina is a little flaky, but apparently she's got more going on in her life than what she's wearing on the red carpet and telling her sob story to Vanity Fair and whoever else will listen. She may be a robber bride, but I find more to like about her than I do Jennifer.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm happy for them. I don't know them personally so I can't say who did wrong when Brad and Jen broke up. It's none of my business. I can say that Brad Pitt is my favorite movie star and I've always liked him.

You know, I'm actually expecting to see an ugly child. Often the physical characteristics that make for stunning adults make for very awkward-looking children. Long, skinny legs and arms, big eyes and mouths, and high cheekbones give children a horsey appearance. The most beautiful women in the world often talk about going through a ten or twenty year awkward phase before they blossomed.

That being said, its all just one big genetic crapshoot. They are just as likely to be born beautiful or ugly as the next kid. Here's an interesting article some bored journalist wrote on the topic:

NEW YORK (AP) If the two most gorgeous people in the world had a child, what would it look like? Angelina Jolie will answer that question this summer, when the bombshell Mr. and Mrs. Smith actress is due to give birth to boyfriend Brad Pitt's baby.

By Isaac Brekken, AP

Pitt's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday that Jolie is pregnant with Pitt's child. Jolie leaked the news to a charity aid worker while filming the political thriller The Good Shepherd in the Dominican Republic on Monday, People magazine reported. (Related story: Jolie to have Pitt's baby)

Pitt, Hollywood heartthrob and former flame to actresses Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow, has also filed to be the adoptive father of Jolie's two children, Maddox and Zahara.

But their new addition will be the glamorous couple's first biological baby, a presumable shoo-in for "Sexiest Offspring Alive."

That would follow in the parents' footsteps. Jolie was named Esquire magazine's "Sexiest Woman Alive" in 2004, while Pitt was named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" in 1994 and 2000.

Dr. Lawrence Reed, a New York City-based plastic surgeon, said the child's good genes will in all likelihood make his services unnecessary.

"You have a very beautiful mother with great bone structure," said Reed. "You have a very handsome father with excellent bone structure and facial features. The genetic prediction would make this child have a greater chance by far of being what everyone would consider an attractive baby, an attractive person."

Reed said he predicts Brangelina's baby will be "much taller" than Pitt, who stands at 6 feet, and the 5 feet, 7 inches Jolie.

"The eyes will be incredible," he said. "I can't see this ever not working out."

Dr. Stephen Marquardt, who studies human attractiveness and uses math to measure beauty ratios, disagrees, saying gene combinations can produce infinite possibilities, including less attractive results.

Nevertheless, Marquardt said he thinks there's "probably a better chance that you can have pretty kids if you have pretty people."

"I think if you kind of averaged their faces, you'd have a pretty reasonable looking kid," said Marquardt. "She's real exaggerated, he's kind of plain."

But in the end, as Dr. Jasper Rine, a genetics professor at the University of California at Berkeley, points out, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"Based upon my many years of experience with genetics and as a parent, I can safely predict that the two parents will consider their baby beautiful.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I think if you kind of averaged their faces, you'd have a pretty reasonable looking kid," said Marquardt. "She's real exaggerated, he's kind of plain
    That is what I've been having a hard time describing when I say I don't find her attractive - her features are exaggerated. Every feature is too something-or-other - too large, too small, too flat - just too. And I find the lack of mobility in her face disturbing. I like someone who's face is a canvas of their personality - immobile features just say "sociopath" to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrived in Tokyo
    with her adopted children Maddox and Zahara in November.
    Jolie is expecting the couple's own child.

Courttv.com
    LOS ANGELES — For a brief time Tuesday, eBay bidders got a first glimpse at the progeny of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Or did they? A sonogram image purporting to be the fetus of the famous couple was up for auction on eBay before being yanked by the company.

"We have pulled it off the site," spokesman Hani Durzy told Courttv.com. "This listing was being marketed as coming specifically from Angelina Jolie. There was no indication in the listing that she had given agreement to this."

The now-defunct auction, listed as "Angelina Jolie's 4-5 month fetus sonogram picture," was reported in the British press Tuesday as generating more than 50 bids in two days.

The accompanying photo, a grainy black-and-white fetal scan, was dated Jan. 3 and showed Jolie's partially blacked-out name in the upper left-hand corner. A physician's name on the bottom of the photo had also been blacked out.

The seller indicated in the listing that the picture had been obtained from a friend. Bidding reached at least $500 before the auction was shut down Tuesday morning.

The authenticity of the alleged Pitt-Jolie fetal photo has not been confirmed. Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti was not immediately available for comment, but her assistant said it was the first she had heard of the incident.

Jolie, 30, confirmed last week through Guagenti that she is expecting Pitt's child.

Pitt, 42, has also begun taking steps to become the legal adoptive father of Jolie's two adopted children, son Maddox, 4, and daughter Zahara, 1.

EBay's Durzy told Courttv.com that a self-policing member of the auction community alerted them to the listing.

"We took a look at it pretty quickly and felt it violated our policy on celebrity materials," Durzy said, referring to the company's ban on selling items that may infringe on copyright laws or on California's right of publicity statute, which prohibits using another's name, voice, signature, photograph or likeness on merchandise for sale without that person's prior consent.

EBay notified the unidentified seller by e-mail, explaining why the listing was pulled and giving a warning about the potentially illegal auction. Bidders were also notified and discouraged from purchasing the photo on their own if the seller should contact them.

First Amendment expert Doug Mirell, partner at powerhouse entertainment firm Loeb & Loeb, had no recollection of past celebrity litigation over allegedly stolen sonogram photos.

"It is incredibly bizarre to me that there would be a market for such things," Mirell told Courttv.com, adding that Jolie may have an invasion of privacy case.

"Assuming that the appearance, nature or condition of the fetus is not a matter that she has publicly disclosed, then the publication of the photograph would arguably constitute a violation, a public disclosure of facts that are private to her," said Mirell, who does not represent the couple.

But staying mum is sometimes the best defense for celebrity parents-to-be.

Mirell's advice, now that the photo has been taken down? "Ignore it. I think the less that is said, the better."
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Ugly babies, eh?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread