+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Brangelina

Beautyisnotcaused, It is! Kepi37's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That's pretty cold. In the real world, if you were divorced and found you were expecting a baby with a new boyfriend/girlfriend, maybe it wouldn't be normal for you to call your former spouse to let them know. However - BP knew Jen would know almost right after the first news report. It's pretty cold, IMHO, to not call her and give her a heads up. If he's too much of a chicken, he could have at least had his rep call her rep. I remember something in Jen's Vanity Fair interview about him missing a "sensitivity gene" - here's confirmation As far as I'm concerned, Jen is well rid of him. Vince Vaughn's way better. Looks fade, but wit and intelligence last .... plus, he's nice to look at too!

I have to totally agree with you. One of my biggest annoyances with celebrities is that they hate to be followed so closely by the media. Well it's a cause and effect scenario. If you don't want to be followed around then don't become a star. It might not be right that people invade your privacy but that is how it is and how it always will be. It's like a hooker saying it's unfair that he/she got AIDS, or a cab driver thinks it's unfair that he/she got in a car accident. While I will be pulling a double standard here because Jennifer Aniston should know that she would have to deal with the gossip of this news because she is a celberity as well but it realyl does go back to Brad not having that "sensitivity chip". Yeah in the normal world I doubt the ex would tell his ex of the pregnancy of his new girlfriend, but in celebrity world where Jennifer Aniston is hounded and harassed it would have been nice of him to tell her. (they were married for 5 years, he cared about her, and I'm sure he does not want anything bad to happen to her) No he does to HAVE to tell her, they are officially divorced he owes her nothing however if he does not want the a-hole label. He felt it was important enough for the media to know why not her. Hey, he could have had his publicist call her publicist to give her the heads up on the media rush. Like I said he did not have to, but it was just plain classless!!

Beautyisnotcaused, It is! Kepi37's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi37 View Post
    my guess is yes that may be a beautiful speciman of a human being OR all the good looks could could be too much of a good thing and the their spawn will be fugly!!

lol not sure if I can post this link if I can't mod's please remove

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...11982&GT1=7651

this article is in response to my 'to be beautiful or not to be beautiful' statement above

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I seriously doubt that she is "devastated."
    I have a feeling Jen is emotionally devastated. When she was interviewed by “Vanity Fair”, they said she broke down when the subject of Brad having a child with AJ came up and that was before the fact. I am willing to bet that she is somewhere in a fetal position.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will marry on Valentine's Day, according to a British internet gossip site I read.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    I have a feeling Jen is emotionally devastated. When she was interviewed by “Vanity Fair”, they said she broke down when the subject of Brad having a child with AJ came up and that was before the fact. I am willing to bet that she is somewhere in a fetal position.
    If JA is really that broken up, she has not yet matured. She can do what every other divorcee has to eventually do--put the past in the past. She divorced what's his name, and what he does from that point forward is none of her business. Certainly no one is arguing that he should put his life on hold until such time as she is emotionally less fragile, are they? I'm not going to get teary-eyed over her alleged heartbreak, nor entertain thoughts that their celebrity status makes their divorce and subsequent relationships more meaningful.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    Just because the ink dries on a divorce doesn't mean that the feelings dissipate easily as well. I think jen is putting up a front and she's going to have to, no one wants to be seen as weak. Brad, if he wanted a kid so damn bad, be should've filed for divorce long ago. Having children is a huge step, and if your partner continually delays it, it's not for nothing, just don't waste eachother's time.
    Last edited by Amy Lee; 01-13-2006 at 06:37 PM.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Kao
    It's been a year though...she's gotten used to her ex being a prick and doing prick-like things. And I seriously wonder about Angelina's stability. What woman moves in with a guy almost right away, has her kids calling him Daddy, and gets knocked up...all within the space of a year? Especially when the man JUST left his wife for her? Seriously, who DOES that? SHe has been married twice and should know better.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    As far as how Jennifer feels about the news...I'd love to be a fly on the wall. Doesn't she know her eggs are rotting? j/k (I'm in the Bachelor mode again right now...)
    Igotahandittoyou, Igotawickedbigbraininmyhead, 'cause you never cease to amaze me with the insightful, sensible, cogent things you write, and you always manage to pepper them with just the right touch of amusing snark!!!!

Thanks for the chuckles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Seriously, who DOES that? SHe has been married twice and should know better.
    Well maybe she does know better. Maybe she knows that Pitt is the guy for her. And maybe he knows the same.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Well maybe she does know better. Maybe she knows that Pitt is the guy for her. And maybe he knows the same.
    People make mistakes in life. If you never have, count yourself very lucky. When you find out you have, you try to correct it and move forward. It sounds like that's what Brad and Angelina both believe they are doing. I think its better to divorce than to stay with someone you don't love and that doesn't want the same things that you want. ESPECIALLY before you bring children into the equation.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread