+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Brangelina

Not only that, but it wasn't even FUNNY snark.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh please !! That Daily News article wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Have you guys read the rest of it ?

I don't think anyone did take it seriously. It was a pretty obvious piece of satire. That doesn't remove the cruelty from it. Jennifer Aniston (who I don't even like) is a real person. Brad Pitt *was* her husband who I assume she loved at some time or another and had dreams of a family with, whether she was ready when he was or not. Even though she appears to have moved on as well, I'm sure that reading something like that wouldn't have been pleasant.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Oh please !! That Daily News article wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Have you guys read the rest of it ?
    I know it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but who the hell would even print something that cruel the day after the news breaks? She is a human being, and people have been taking so many potshots at her I guess they forgot that. It shows a serious lack of class on their part. It's bad enough that every ******* media type is going to be riding her back about this for the next five months rubbing her face it.

That's pretty cold. In the real world, if you were divorced and found you were expecting a baby with a new boyfriend/girlfriend, maybe it wouldn't be normal for you to call your former spouse to let them know. However - BP knew Jen would know almost right after the first news report. It's pretty cold, IMHO, to not call her and give her a heads up. If he's too much of a chicken, he could have at least had his rep call her rep. I remember something in Jen's Vanity Fair interview about him missing a "sensitivity gene" - here's confirmation As far as I'm concerned, Jen is well rid of him. Vince Vaughn's way better. Looks fade, but wit and intelligence last .... plus, he's nice to look at too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I'm no fan of JA myself but as i said, i don't think it has hit jen just yet.
    I see both of their relationships as rebounds. Their is a mourning period for relationships, that is of course if you loved the person at all, if you didn't then i spit on you for not doing anything to remedy the situation but sitting there idly by. Which is what i think brad may have done, after all, the former filed the divorce papers. I definitely feel bad for her.
    What im trying to figure out is, if she didn't want to bring kids into the equation because the relationship was shaky, when did it go bad because they never had kids together.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Neither AJ or Brad do a thing for me. I think she is odd looking and he is just average and kind of pouty looking. I think Jennifer is better looking then both of them.

My best friend's ex husband told her for years, he didn't want kids. She also told him, she didn't want kids. She told me, when they were having problems, that she really wanted kids, but not with him because he was like a child himself and very selfish, but she loved him and married him and was giving up the concept of kids because of the marriage. He divorced her, one of the reasons, he changed his mind and wanted kids but not with her because he felt she wasn't giving enough to be a mother.

It was a horrible messy divorce. She took him to the cleaners.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

From TV Guide Online http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

APB STILL OUT FOR SENSITIVITY CHIP: Contrary to rumors, Brad Pitt did not give ex-wife Jennifer Aniston an early heads-up that he and Angelina Jolie are expecting a child together. "The reports about phone calls between Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt... are all made-up lies," the former Friends star's publicist told Extra on Thursday night. As such, Aniston — whose marriage to Pitt reportedly crumbled, in part, due to family-planning issues — is "devastated" by the pregnancy news, a source tells the New York Daily News.

Kao
    I seriously doubt that she is "devastated." I think that the New York Daily News wants her to be devastated, so they can get mroe mileage out of her suffering. Plus, she is still extremely close to Brad's parents, and I seriously doubt if they would allow her to be blindsided like this.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if "someone" leaked something to the tabs, and that was supposed to be a "heads up?" Anyone else find it extremely weird that 5 different tabs last week ran with pretty much the same story about how Jennifer was supposed to be called about the baby?

Oh well. I wish them all happiness. Life's too short.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Not only that, but it wasn't even FUNNY snark.
    Exactly! After reading it, I was like.."meh". Then I was imagining the nimrods who put it together and how they were all probably patting each other on their backs and laughing..as if it was good.

Also, what bugs me about it. WHO thinks that they can interject in someone's affairs like that?? Sure, they're tabloid fodder for the masses, but WHO feels that comfortable to pen an open letter about their divorce, looks, comparisons, etc? How ballsy and tacky. It's a private matter, no matter what "Team Aniston" wants to believe.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread