+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556

Thread: All Things Brangelina

Re: All Things Brangelina

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3165703;
    It used to be the case that the US made you choose whether to retain your US citizenship or become a citizen elsewhere. A court decision declared that unconstitutional. So now, any US citizen is allowed to acquire dual citizenship without risking loss of their US citizenship. Some other countries do not allow dual citizenship, however. That's why people sometimes have to choose.
    Ah, thanks Mariner. I knew I had heard that you couldn't have dual citizenship if you wanted to be a US citizen. I thought I had gone a little batty for a minute there.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm a dual citizen. I was born in the US to an American-born mother and Canadian father. I was brought to Canada as an infant, and obtained Canadian citizenship when my parents filed a "record of birth abroad" with the Canadian Govt. As an adult, needing a fast passport to fly to Greece, I took my birth certificate into the US Embassy in Vancouver (Canadian passport office - slow as molasses!) and was given a US passport in 3 days. The US didn't care that I was a Canadian citizen, living in Canada my whole life. If you were born in the US, you're a US citizen. Mighty handy at the time, believe me. Of course, after we got back my Canadian passport arrived...figures. So now I have two!

I finally saw the People spread and I have to say, they are one cute family. I loved the pictures. Most of the story I had already read/heard about, but the pictures really made it. You can tell that the children really do like one another. Plus these pictures are a lot better than the ones they used for comparing Shiloh to Suri, which is simply ridiculous!

Wow! That is something. I wonder just how true the story is.

I'm not buying all the details....however, there have been rumblings for a while now.

It seems laughable to me all the things that "sources"claim to know about those two.

Here, it appears that instead of a divorce, Angelina wants an open marriage. How progressive!

Angelina Jolie Wants an “Open Relationship” Brad Pitt

Here she's adopting a baby from Ethiopia even though Brad doesn't want any more kids (even though he's said many times he wants as many as they can have).

Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Go To War!

Here she's adopting from the Phillipines. Or maybe not?

Angelina Jolie | Adopt | Philippines | Filipino | Fallen Flat | Rumours | Brad Pitt - Oneindia Entertainment

And finally, Jennifer Aniston is not only the one who actually wanted the divorce from Brad, now she's back to come between them!

National Ledger - Triggering Jennifer Aniston Split: Don't Blame Angelina Jolie

I personally hope that they are married until they die and all their kids grow up to tell the world what great, attentive parents they were. At the very least, I hope their marriage outlasts the bitterness people seem to personally feel toward them because they were both part of marriages that didn't work out. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward were known as Hollywood's example of a loving, enduring marriage, after all, but people have long ago forgotten that he was married when he met Joanne.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Okay, I didn't know they were married... thought they said they'd wait until all Americans could marry?
    I obviously have no business posting in a thread titled "all things brangelina"!
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 04-13-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added a thought
    remember to play

I don't think Angelina and Brad are married are they? I could be wrong.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Angelina and Brad are NOT married.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread