+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: All Things Brangelina

Re: All Things Brangelina

I think she uses her celebrity for good, and I applaud her for that. That being said, I can't stand her. She makes my skin crawl. The whole loving her natural child less because she was born with everything irked me, too. I understand that those feelings can't be helped sometimes, but you don't need to announce it to the world. That is one thing you don't need your kids to hear.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2788911;
    I think she uses her celebrity for good, and I applaud her for that. That being said, I can't stand her. She makes my skin crawl. The whole loving her natural child less because she was born with everything irked me, too. I understand that those feelings can't be helped sometimes, but you don't need to announce it to the world. That is one thing you don't need your kids to hear.
    My sentiments exactly dagwood. It takes more than putting a roof over a child's head to make you a good parent. Why on earth did she have that baby knowing full well that she would not be able to give her the love she deserves. Is Shiloh meant to be Brad's baby? A gift to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2788918;
    Is Shiloh meant to be Brad's baby? A gift to him?
    I think probably it's how she's trying to hold onto him (or what she thinks will keep him with her), since he's always talked about wanting his own children even though he loves the children Jolie allows him to adopt after she's adopted them. And if anyone knows that men don't always stick around with the sluts they had affairs with while married to other women, it's her, considering her own history. So perhaps she figures this will bind him to her.

But whatever her reason is (and in her mind, it could be anything), I at least have no doubt that the children will receive the love they deserve from Brad. (In spite of what I think of him and how he's been in the past couple of years, I have no doubts he is a good father.)
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2788940;
    I at least have no doubt that the children will receive the love they deserve from Brad. (In spite of what I think of him and how he's been in the past couple of years, I have no doubts he is a good father.)
    I feel the same way. I think he is a great father, you can tell by the look on his face when pictured with his kids.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I also believe that Brad is a good father, and a decent human being. She, on the other hand, has, in my opinion, latched on to the method of famewhoring that will do her the most good. My first opinion of her as garnered from interviews, waaaay back in '98 when Gia aired, was that she is a sociopath, and I have seen nothing in the intervening years to disabuse me of this opinion.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2789182;
    She, on the other hand, has, in my opinion, latched on to the method of famewhoring that will do her the most good. My first opinion of her as garnered from interviews, waaaay back in '98 when Gia aired, was that she is a sociopath, and I have seen nothing in the intervening years to disabuse me of this opinion.
    I'm in complete, total agreement.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I went back and found the quote Angelina made regarding Shiloh, and it doesn't say she doesn't love her daughter. She was simply making the point that the adopted kids have had to endure much more in their short lives than Shiloh has and that she feels less sympathy for her because of it.

I know Angelina did a lot of strange things in her youth and young adulthood, but she has also done a lot since then that shows her growth and maturity. I would hate to think that I am constantly being judged for the mistakes and stupidity of my youth rather than for the better person that I am now. I learned from my follies - I'm sure she has too.

I can totally agree 100% that Brad is a great father. He's a great male-figure to any child. You can tell just how much he cares for his children and how he's truly caring with all children.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2789218;
    I know Angelina did a lot of strange things in her youth and young adulthood, but she has also done a lot since then that shows her growth and maturity. I would hate to think that I am constantly being judged for the mistakes and stupidity of my youth rather than for the better person that I am now. I learned from my follies - I'm sure she has too.
    I, too, would hate to be judged by some of the idiot things I did when I was young, but my opinion of her is not based on her actions, per se, but on the way she projects herself. There is, and as far as I can tell always has been, an air of calculation about her that would seem to indicate that little about her is genuine and that her main concern is always perception in the public eye. Even in the photos of her and Brad last week at whatever award show it was, her genial conversation with him appeared to be poses right out Photoplay magazine.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2789312;
    I, too, would hate to be judged by some of the idiot things I did when I was young, but my opinion of her is not based on her actions, per se, but on the way she projects herself. There is, and as far as I can tell always has been, an air of calculation about her that would seem to indicate that little about her is genuine and that her main concern is always perception in the public eye. Even in the photos of her and Brad last week at whatever award show it was, her genial conversation with him appeared to be poses right out Photoplay magazine.
    For me something telling is the way she apparently holds onto grudges forever. I mean there's plenty to suggest her Dad was a massively crappy father, but to not even be willing to SPEAK to him basically forever? They win the "Julia & Eric Roberts" Award for never letting go.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread