+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Brangelina

FORT Fogey
    Her brother is concerned because Angie has lost alot of weight. I wonder why this family rather talk to the press than each other about their concerns. But, since I'm familiar with losing a mother, than I can understand what Angie is going thru.

As far as her working, making movies is a tedious job. There is a lot of down time, watching for the crew to set up scenes and other actors doing their scenes. So as long as she has the kids with her, who cares that she's not lock up in a house with them all day. Plus Angie has slowed down career wise alot. She only did that movie with Matt Damon since Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;2308506;
    Okay, I'll bite; what interview?
    Here's the link to the entire article since it's quite long, but quoted are some of the more interesting remarks
    Angelina's secret sadness - by her brother | the Daily Mail

A reticent man who has spent much of his life in the shadow of his famous younger sister, he rarely seeks the limelight. But with concern mounting about Angelina's behaviour, he has used his first-ever newspaper interview to defend her reputation and shed some light on the damaged and dysfunctional upbringing which has shaped them both.

In a fascinating insight into a very private world, he blames the bullying and manipulation of their handsome movie-hero father, Jon Voight, star of Midnight Cowboy, for blighting both their lives. And he says it is the trauma of their childhood which has driven his sister to create a huge and independent family of her own.

Already emotionally vulnerable, the death of their mother in January of this year has left 31-year-old Angelina shattered. She is eating little and already seems to be losing her famous curves. Now, more than ever, says her brother, she is determined to place her faith in the lives of the children - and who knows how many more there will be - she is gathering around her.

"I have no memory at all of my mother shouting at me or at my sister," James explains. "But I do have horrible memories of my father and the way he behaved. He was so tough on our mother.

"He lived in the same town. We saw him around Christmas time or at school recitals. He was always around but he never did his job as a father. I think one of the reasons Angelina and I care so much for other people is his treatment of our mother. Angelina and I were very protective of her for that reason."

It was their mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who provided the emotional underpinning to their lives, he says - the one point of stability amid the chaos. Her loss to cancer, aged just 56, has been devastating.

"Angie has become very thin because she's grieving," he admits. "It's even difficult for her to eat. I keep saying to her, 'Don't forget to eat'.

"But you know she doesn't pay much attention to food anyway and she's been going through a process of grief like me. She has not wanted to eat, nor has she been able to."

For all Marcheline's efforts to create a happy home, it was impossible to escape the destructive influence of Voight.

Money was one of many battlegrounds, although there should hardly have been a shortage of cash. By 1975, he was a household name, handsome, blue-eyed and in demand.

Yet according to James, it was a constant battle - to the point that Angelina and her older brother were reduced to pleading with him to pay the child support he owed. "I tried hard when I was alone with him," recalls James. "The alimony was always an issue. He would claim he was taking good care of her.

"But in reality Mum was stressing out and we had to tell him he was causing the problem. This would be when I was 13 and Angie was 11.

"We definitely had a taste of his manipulative behaviour. But it was when he dealt with my mother that we really saw him pulling the strings. And that made us very sad and angry. Angelina and I saw my mum oppressed. Now we're protective of women on their own and, of course, of children." It was an experience which drove brother and sister closer and even today their relationship borders on intensity. H for 'Haven' is tattooed on Jolie's wrist.

James, who has the same striking looks as his sister, travels with Brad and Angelina on many of their foreign expeditions, and spends hours in the company of her growing brood. Growing up, they never went hungry, but there were hardships. No one in Hollywood walks - Los Angeles is not built for the convenience of pedestrians - yet neither Angelina nor James could afford a car.

He explains: "One of the saddest things in my life happened when I was 16, which is when you can get your permit to drive in LA. I did not have a car in High School and neither did Angelina. "Try to imagine. You go to Beverly Hills High, one of the wealthiest High Schools in the nation. Even the cheapest car that anyone has is brand new. All my friends are well off. I have a movie-star father and no car.

"It was debilitating. I did not to go to the prom [the social highlight of an American high school career] because I felt uncomfortable that Dad would have to drive me. It's an embarrassing thing.

"The significant years of dating and getting to know yourself, I didn't experience any of that. I didn't experience what I think is one of the most important times in a person's life, and neither did Angelina. It affected both of us.

"When I was in college and finally dating I went to my dad and told him what it was like for me in High School. He didn't try to understand at all. He said he didn't have money."

It was a lesson that neither of them forgot. James says: "Angie has been driven to be an independently wealthy woman now because we saw what it was like to be at the mercy of someone who controls the money and pulls the strings.

"There were times when our dad was awesomely good with us, but my biggest and most abiding memory is that he would look more to our faults than to our strengths."

However, it did nothing to blunt her ambitions or her determination. In fact, the young Angelina was precocious in many ways.

This was a girl sufficiently confident to start a sexual relationship at the age of 14 and bring her lover back to live under the same roof with the tolerance, if not the approval, of her mother.

James denies that his sister is a domineering character, claiming that her famed decisiveness is, like her love of knives and her boasts about sadomasochistic sex, an attempt to be independent of other people's control. But he is not ashamed to admit he is under her influence, in all sorts of ways.

"She's always been very protective of me with regards to my romantic life, which I love," he smiles. "She wants me to be with the right woman. When you come from a divorced home, divorce is what you desperately want to avoid.

"Maybe I haven't found the right woman because my sister is too picky for me. Any woman has to go through two filters, me and then my sister. I'm a perfectionist by nature. Then, because I'm so close to Angie it's like I've already got the perfect woman in my life and it's hard for anyone else to live up to that. I go to Angie for advice and won't do anything without her because we were so close as children."

Her influence on him is so profound, he claims he has even been persuaded to adopt a child himself - provided he can find a partner first. Angelina has even brought about a change of career, persuading him to spend large parts of his time campaigning for charity. He is currently preparing to take part in a major US campaign to fight the AIDS pandemic in Uganda.

James is outraged by the claim that their relationship might in any way be inappropriate - claims prompted by 'that' kiss after the 2000 Oscars.

"I did not give Angie a French kiss, it was something simple and lovely," he insists.

"She was about to go off to Mexico to finish filming Original Sin with Antonio Banderas. I congratulated her on the Oscar win and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. It was snapped and became a big thing round the world."

Now, with the death of their mother, the wound is red raw.
    "At some point I've got to be able to let my bitterness and anger towards him go and I'm working on that now. I believe my mother's in a better place. What I have to deal with is that there's no such thing as him making amends now - he's lost his chance and that just makes me and Angelina even more upset.

"When I first lost my mother, I couldn't stop crying. Fortunately, I was with Angie when we heard. It was such a big moment.

"If Angelina understood something about missing parents before, she understands completely now. Angelina and I are orphans too, in a way. When you see those kids in orphanages, they cling to each other. And that's exactly what they have - they have each other."

LG.
    Not to be off topic, but is there some error where we can't see the last page of this thread. I can't keep track of the gossip if this thread is leading to no-where.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

All Things Brangelina II: The Sequel

Since the other "All Things Brangelina" seems to have been locked/damaged for quite some time now, it seems to make sense to post stuff about them in another similar thread, which could either take over, or be merged back into the other if the problem is eventually fixed.

Here's some recent stuff on everyone's favorite mom and er... that guy who years ago everyone thought was the World's sexiest whatever.

National Ledger - Angelina Jolie Taking Heat From Working Moms
    Angelina Jolie Taking Heat From Working Moms
    By Julie Pike
    Apr 9, 2007

Angelina Jolie proudly proclaimed that she would be a stay at home mother when she was in Vietnam picking up her latest child, a boy that is now named Pax Thien Jolie. She was adamant that she would not be a working mom. "I will stay at home to help Pax adjust to his new life," Jolie told a local newspaper, according to a translation provided by the Associated Press. "I have four children and caring for them is the most important thing for me at the moment. I am very proud and happy to be their mother."

But that vanished quickly. She arrived in Los Angeles with her kids only to turn right around and fly to Chicago which brought even more criticism that she was stretching the truth with her stay at home mom pledge.

Now she's back in Los Angeles but reports say that working moms are upset with her, even though she has joined their ranks. According to the National Enquirer, she is taking three of their spots at a Day Care. Jolie reportedly drops some of her brood off at the $931 per-month pre-school and day-care center on the Warner Bros studio lot and an insider says that she is taking spots from mothers that can only afford that much money for daycare.

"She and Brad Pitt have more money than God and are using a subsidized facility set up for everyday workers trying to make ends meet," the insider dished to the magazine." The report claims that the other parents are appalled that use the 'Bright Horizons" center as the studio now hold three spaces for the Jolie kids.

Jolie's kids are filling spaces needed for 9-5 employees the insider complained.
    Yeah, this is a very slanted mean spirited article. But the basic "news" which can be dug out of it is the part that she's actually sending her kids to the WB's own day care center. Putting aside the issue of subsidies, I'd have thought she'd have hired a dedicated Nanny or something like that.

Next up... Angie's creepy brother says:

AHN | Angelina's Brother Says They Are Now Orphans | April 9, 2007

Angelina's Brother Says They Are Now Orphans

April 9, 2007 9:36 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - For all we know, Angelina Jolie's new favorite movie may very well be the musical "Oliver Twist" about an orphan boy in London.

Angelina's brother says that he and his sister have now become orphans since their mother, Marcheline Bertrand, passed away earlier this year.

Bertrand died of ovarian cancer on Jan. 27 and her son, James Haven, insists that Angelina is able to relate to orphaned kids now that she is left without a mother.

Although the pair's father, actor Jon Voight, is still alive and well, the siblings have never gotten along with him. James says their strained relationship has been as a result of Jon focusing on his kids' faults rather than their strengths.

Hollywood.com quotes him as saying, "There were times when our father was awesome but my biggest memory is that he would look more to our faults than to our strengths, and that's what was so hard."

However, he notes that there's a bright side to every story, saying, "Now that our mother has died we're two orphans, Angie and I, so she has a deep understanding of the orphans she adopts."

Copyright AHN Media Corp - All rights reserved.
    Redistribution, republication. syndication, rewriting or broadcast is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AHN.
    Last up, FAUX news "reports" (which means its probably as unsubstantiated and as likely to be true as the tabloid stuff):

FOXNews.com - Report: Angelina Jolie Still Jealous of Jennifer Aniston - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Report: Angelina Jolie Still Jealous of Jennifer Aniston

Monday , April 09, 2007
    By Hollie McKay

FC1
    ADVERTISEMENT

One would think that with a new little boy in the Brangelina brigade, Angelina Jolie would be all smiles. But it seems the screen siren is still struggling with Team Aniston.

Jennifer Aniston took the time to send books, games and a congratulatory card to ex-husband Brad Pitt, Angie and their new son, Pax, Life & Style magazine reports.

But Jolie reportedly sent the card spinning to the trash can.

"Angie didn't approve of it at all," a source told the mag.

Apparently, Brad wasn’t too happy with his girlfriend’s hostile reaction, especially since Jolie’s ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton recently revealed that he still chats with the brunette beauty on a regular basis.

In another “Pitt-fall" for Jolie, Oprah Winfrey is apparently hopping mad at Angie for refusing to promote her girls' school in Africa.

“Oprah thought Angelina would jump at the chance because she knows how much Angelina loves Africa,” a source told Star magazine. “Oprah says it’s the last time she’ll ask Angelina to help with any of her causes.”

Perhaps Angie's snub has nothing to do with not wanting to help, but comes back to her jousting with Jennifer.

“Angelina has never forgiven Oprah for siding with Jennifer Aniston after Brad Pitt split from Jen,” the source added.
    True, or not, Angelina and everything surrounding her always gives "good ink".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: All Things Brangelina II: The Sequel

$931 a month is subsidized daycare? I am sure glad I don't live in California.

Although I can't stand her, I think people need to leave her alone. She is doing what thousands of women do. People need to worry more about raising their own children rather than how AJ is raising hers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I can't believe that she's actually taking spots from other kids. If there is enough demand, the day care center will hire more teachers. No big deal. It happens all the time. I also understand a person's decision to put kids in day care or a similar social situation. It's good for kids to be around other kids their same age. They learn faster and develop social skills that can only come with interaction.

Seriously, she's not forcing her children to wear masks; she's just trying to be normal. Give that family a freakin' break.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I agree that the day care itself is a real non-issue. It does make her earlier statements about being a stay at home mom seem like posturing for P.R. though. In other words, she's done nothing wrong in terms of the care of these kids, but is a blowhard.

IF the stuff about this continuing feud with Jennifer Aniston is true, its more sad than anything else. Angelia is pretty much one of the world's most beautiful women. You'd think she'd have a little bit more faith in her ability to keep a guy. Then again, the stuff about her relationship with her Dad has always seemed to shout that she can hold a grudge pretty much forever. Ask Oprah!

Just because someone says you're a beautiful woman doesn't mean the person who is beautiful actually believes it. I have never found Angelina Jolie's behavior to be arrogant. Odd, yes. And how are these tabloids getting into her private home to see her tossing supposed gifts from an ex-wife into the trash? It's a bunch of bull. I can't imagine Jennifer Aniston sending gifts either.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

It's actually not as simple as hiring more daycare teachers to meet the demand. Facilities are an issue, and it's hard to find good daycare workers because the pay is lousy. For a truly struggling single mom to find a good, affordable daycare is a really big deal.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2322579;
    It's actually not as simple as hiring more daycare teachers to meet the demand. Facilities are an issue, and it's hard to find good daycare workers because the pay is lousy. For a truly struggling single mom to find a good, affordable daycare is a really big deal.
    I think what burntbrat might be relying on is the fact that Warner Brothers has very deep pockets. It makes sense to think that if they needed more day care facilities, they'd have the money to do whatever they need to in order to get them.

The problem though is that as with most major corporations, its not a matter of being able to afford something, like more day care workers, its a matter of them wanting to spend as little as possible. They have a day care program in the first place only to look good to the Unions, most likely. They come up with a certain amount they spend which looks proper to the Unions and anything above that is going to come out of the employees. If someone is taking up 3 day care spots and a new employee and bigger facilities have to result, whats most likely to happen is either that the waiting list for the day care will be three kids longer, or an increase in the contribution asked for from all of the parents, to cover the expense of new employees and facilities. It most likely won't come out of the employer--they will justify they've done enough, at least until the next contract negotiation with the various Unions, or the next time its pointed out to them that competing studios are giving better day care benefits.

+ Reply to Thread