+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 186 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7659808/

The Associated Press
    Updated: 3:22 p.m. ET April 28, 2005LOS ANGELES - Tom Cruise has a new girlfriend — actress Katie Holmes.

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, have been dating a few weeks, Cruise’s publicist and sister, Lee Anne DeVette, said Wednesday. The pair were photographed this week together in Rome, where Cruise on Friday will receive a lifetime achievement award at the Italian equivalent of the Academy Awards, the David di Donatello Awards.

Holmes’ public relations firm — Baker Winokur Ryder — confirmed the two were dating.

Both actors have had high-profile relationships.

Cruise’s first two marriages, to actresses Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman, ended in divorce. He was dating actress Penelope Cruz until the pair split last year.

Holmes and actor Chris Klein recently called off their engagement after dating five years.

Cruise in his nearly 25-year career has starred in such films as “Rain Man,” “Jerry Maguire” and the upcoming Steven Spielberg remake of “War of the Worlds.”

Holmes is best known for starring in the TV show “Dawson’s Creek,” and the movies “Wonder Boys” and “Pieces of April.” She will co-star with Christian Bale in this summer’s “Batman Begins.”

---------
    anyone else find this kind of odd???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Yeah, i find it odd that they're being so public about it and it's just beginning.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This article reminded me that her and CK ended not too long ago.

Not a shocker that Tom goes for a female star with a much smaller career.

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all. I give it six months.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I can't help it. I ADORE Tom Cruise.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Not a shocker that Tom goes for a female star with a much smaller career.
    Yeah, but he'll dump her as soon as she starts getting more attention than he does! It's probably a better deal for her than for him (although she is quite a bit younger than he is, so maybe that's what he cares about) - she'll get more attention than she ever did when she was with Chris Klein.

He must have a thing for being dominated. He seems to prefer taller women.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-29-2005 at 04:08 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, your avatar ROCKS!

Katie is from my home city. Really nothing special to look at. That's why I wonder why Cruise would go after her, when he could have just about anyone he wants.

It's almost like these agents sit and call other agents. "So, I see Katie is not dating anyone and has a big movie out this summer. How would you like to arrange for her and my client Tom Cruise to be romantically linked. The publicity will be off the charts."

Awwww, Toxic, you're from Toledo?

I think Katie Holmes is beautiful in an adorable kind of way. I know she's 26, but she just seems so.... 16 years old to me. That's why I just don't see her together with Tom Cruise as it's just so... incestual. She seems more like his daughter. Ick.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Critical, your avatar ROCKS!

Katie is from my home city. Really nothing special to look at. That's why I wonder why Cruise would go after her, when he could have just about anyone he wants.

It's almost like these agents sit and call other agents. "So, I see Katie is not dating anyone and has a big movie out this summer. How would you like to arrange for her and my client Tom Cruise to be romantically linked. The publicity will be off the charts."
    hey, i'm about 40 mins from toledo.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

She is a lot older than I thought, I have to admit. Still, I thought Tom was older than 42, too. I find it odd they are being so public with a new relationship too, Amy Lee. She towers over him in that picture - I always forget what a little guy he is.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread