+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 186 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Regarding Katie being manipulated or victimized by Tom, I don't believe that this is the case. If I'm recalling correctly, I believe that I heard that she remained a virgin during the 5 years she was dating/engaged to Chris Klein. Unless he was the unwilling partner, that shows that she indeed has enough strength to say no to her partner and apparently she's unwilling to say no to Tom.

The caveat is that, of course, I don't know these people and all the information I'm going on came from tv entertainment/new shows so I could be completely wrong about everything.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Regarding Katie being manipulated or victimized by Tom, I don't believe that this is the case. If I'm recalling correctly, I believe that I heard that she remained a virgin during the 5 years she was dating/engaged to Chris Klein.
    I'm pretty sure this is incorrect (not that I was in the bedroom spying on them...that they know of! ). I think she was having, um, relations when she dated "Pacey"--her co-star on "Dawson's Creek."

Quote Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
    It seems to me like everyone is acting like Katie's a victim in this relationship. She is a grown woman who is old enough to make her own decisions, and I don't think Tom is forcing her to do anything.
    Yes, you are correct, but don't you feel sorry for women who make stupid decisions? The women who stay with their cheating boyfriends/husbands? The ones who go back to their abusive spouses? The ones who just get treated like dirt 'cause they think that's all they're worth?

Every adult is responsible for his or her life...and if her childhood crush was Tom Cruise, she probably was ecstatic when he invited her out on a date. Certainly, he's exposed her to a level of wealth and luxury that would spin anyone's head. And you're right--if this is what she really wants to do, then that's that. But I have watched my friends--some incredibly educated, accomplished women from great families--get sucked into their boyfriends' drama. When we (their friends) would tell them to get away from these guys, they often cut us off rather than lose the man.

Yes, this was their decision, but I still felt bad for them. And I for one feel badly for Katie. And I don't care--I blame Tom. I think he's not a nice guy behind his toothy smile.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    You know, with this whole silent birth thing, their is an inside joke directed at tom.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It would be very interesting if MI13 totally BOMBED at the box office. Now THAT would be sending a message.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I keep expecting to come here and see the "birth announcment" or the new little prince/princess of Scientology hearalded. Of course we will never know if she stayed silent or not during the birth. The scientologists and Tom will spin it to be the most wonderful model of birth ever given in fact, Katie will have been so silent she will be fluent in sign language after the birth.

Further to my earlier post re: Katie being a virgin, I read a reference in the Toronto Star (a real newspaper, not a tabloid) this weekend that referred to Katie as a "self-described virgin". I knew that I remembered seeing an interview with her where she described herself thusly. So I iterate - if she could hold off Chris Klein for five years, she could hold her own with Tom if she really wanted to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Further to my earlier post re: Katie being a virgin, I read a reference in the Toronto Star (a real newspaper, not a tabloid) this weekend that referred to Katie as a "self-described virgin". I knew that I remembered seeing an interview with her where she described herself thusly. So I iterate - if she could hold off Chris Klein for five years, she could hold her own with Tom if she really wanted to.
    Hey Rattus, I could tell the Toronto Star I was a self-described virgin, too, but that doesn't make it true. Regardless of what was printed, I still don't believe a word of it! What woman would have enough willpower to fend off Chris Klein for 5 years?

And remember, kids these days have strange definitions of what being a "virgin" is these days... kids have said that oral and an*l sex (sorry, it's a perfectly normal word but I don't know if it's offensive to anyone) doesn't count as losing your virginity. Uh, OK...

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- Tom Cruise has told Germany's leading tabloid that he and Katie Holmes want to tie the knot this summer, after the birth of their baby and the release of his new movie, "Mission: Impossible III."

Cruise was in the country to promote the film on the popular "Wetten Dass ... (I'll Bet ...)" TV show. He said on the show Saturday that two pilots were at the ready to fly him home should Holmes go into labor.

"If Katie calls, I'm gone," the 43-year-old actor said.

Holmes, 27, is in the final stages of her pregnancy with the couple's first child.

Cruise confirmed to Bild in Monday's editions that he and Holmes plan to wed in the coming months. They have been engaged since June.

"First the baby, then the film," he was quoted as saying. "Then, in summer, we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."

"Mission: Impossible III" will be released May 5.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Once again, he takes an endearing phrase and makes it sound creepy.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Every time I see this thread pop up in my 'new posts' search, I think she's had the baby. Man, it seems like she has the gestatation period of an elephant.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    Every time I see this thread pop up in my 'new posts' search, I think she's had the baby. Man, it seems like she has the gestatation period of an elephant.
    AMEN! It feels like she is never going to have this baby!

+ Reply to Thread