+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 186 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

I have to agree, though not quite as strongly with Amy Lee. I just don't see how years of her upbringing can be undone in a matter of months. I know there are cults out there that brainwash susceptible people but Katie Holmes does not fit that profile. You have to have certain amount of self-confidence to be an actress so what happened to her to make her all of a sudden follow him like a lemming to the end of the cliff?

Katie is not a teenager and even though she is young, she SHOULD know better than this and if she's allowing it to happen then I can't feel too sorry for her as it must be the lifestyle she wishes to have at this time in her life. She must not have been as close to her parents as people think because no girl who's close to her mom (or dad) all of a sudden cuts them out of her life. Maybe they told her they thought Tom was cuckoo for cocoa puffs and she stayed with him as an act of rebellion but unfortunately now she's pregnant, thereby creating a life-long tie with this nutcase.

But hopefully one day she'll forget to take her alien pill or drink her alien juice and she'll come to her senses and realize how ridiculous all this is.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I know there are cults out there that brainwash susceptible people but Katie Holmes does not fit that profile. You have to have certain amount of self-confidence to be an actress so what happened to her to make her all of a sudden follow him like a lemming to the end of the cliff?
    I'm not sure about that, Archie. I think actors and comics are some of the most insecure people out there. They're always looking for approval. That's a gross generalization of course...but this whole thing's rather gross!

Cruise was married to Kidman for 10 years and she wasn't a Scientologist. Neither was Penelope Cruz. My guess is he told her religion was her choice and she could remain a Catholic...but then when she got pregnant, he started twisting the knife, probably saying stuff like, "I want us to be a family, and we can't have our baby have a different religion" or some other crap.

I agree and have said all along that she's 26, not 16 and should have a spine. But how many smart, well-educated women with great jobs do you know who date wackos or "bad boys" or other guys who will make horrible husbands? Unfortunately, I know more than my share!

Kao
    I feel awful for her.

The more I have thought about this whole weird deal, the more I would wish Tom Cruise come down with a case of kidney stones...let's see him salve the pain with uber vitamins and alien juice. But in the meantime, let him undergo the only pain that is as close to labor as I've experienced. I bet he won't be that silent.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Cruise was married to Kidman for 10 years and she wasn't a Scientologist. Neither was Penelope Cruz. My guess is he told her religion was her choice and she could remain a Catholic...but then when she got pregnant, he started twisting the knife, probably saying stuff like, "I want us to be a family, and we can't have our baby have a different religion" or some other crap.
    I don't know about that. At the very same time that it came out that Katie Holmes was dating Tom Cruise (in late April... three weeks after they had started to *date*) she was already being converted to Scientology and she had a constant female Scientologist as a companion. That's one reason that I still believe the relationship was contrived. A solid Catholic, as Katie had always professed to be, does not completely switch religions in the space of three weeks.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

This whole "silent birth" is a load of crap. Any adult who subsrcibes to this idiocy for the sake of some stupid pseudo-religion invented by some moron sci-fi writer on crack, needs to have their head examined. Whenever I find out that an actor or an actress is part of this scam, I lose all respect for them.

If Katie Holmes was stupid enough to allow herself to be ensnared by Tom and his $cientologist cronies, she is probably a very weak minded person with no self esteem. Either that or she's a damned good actress who was paid a truckload of money to spawn Tom Cruise's turkey baster baby.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

How many of you want to take the bet she has the baby two days before the opening of MI3??

She's been pregnant for what feels like years and we keep hear she's "ready to pop", well some timing it's sure been.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I hate to be the one to resurrect this thread, but I just saw on teaser on E! that Katie and Tom are expecting a baby.
    I had to go back and check when we found out Katie was pregnant. The first post I found was from Hepcat, on October 5th. Assuming she was 2 months pregnant when "we" found out, that would give her until May. It does feel like she's been pregnant forever though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    This whole isolation from her family and old friends thing is just classic for what abusers do. It works to keep the woman in the situation, and not just teenagers, but plenty of women old enough to know better.
    Silent birth? 24 hours of separation?? I'm just stunned. Dawson and Pacey need to ride to the rescue! Michelle Williams is having a baby.... can't she get through to Katie?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    How many of you want to take the bet she has the baby two days before the opening of MI3??

She's been pregnant for what feels like years and we keep hear she's "ready to pop", well some timing it's sure been.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if they named him Lafayette Ronald after the inventor of $cientology.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread