+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 186 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Wasn't there a big to do about post partum depression and scientology??

If you ask me, keeping a mom from her baby for 24 hours after birth is asking for Post Partum...I had a section with both my kids and the hour I had to wait in recovery was agony! I couldnt' imagine going 24!

And you are spot on with the breastfeeding facts LG....24 hours is not a good set up for a postive or successful breastfeeding relationship!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Seperated for the first 24 hours??? No way in hell! He really has done a number on that girl!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

It just keeps getting weirder, doesn't it?

The 24-hour thing is stupid enough, but she's not even allowed to have her own mom with her? Katie, wake up before it's too late.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Dianetic birthin'! Yeehaw!

Okay, I'm going to try not to turn this into a post solely bashing scientology, but a "silent birth?" Like the late L. Ron Hubbard, I am male. However, apparently unlike L. Ron, I understand from first-hand accounts and simple imagination that the process of giving birth is excruciatingly painful. The idea of forcing a woman to endure pain more than necessary and then separate her from her child for 24 hours . . . well . . . it seems rather demeaning to me. I'm not sure I'd put up with it.

Of course, I'm not entirely sure I'd trust my spiritual life to the author of Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    It just keeps getting weirder, doesn't it?

The 24-hour thing is stupid enough, but she's not even allowed to have her own mom with her? Katie, wake up before it's too late.
    These people are just wrong!! Is the 24 hour thing really so they can get the baby started on that special kool-aid ASAP?!? I swear I will never watch a TomMe Cruise movie EVER AGAIN!
    And let me just say - the whole silent birth B.S. can only have been dreamed up by a man. No woman in her right mind would agree to that.

I am sick just thinking about this. First of all...what the hell is a "Silent Birth"? Are they going to put her out for the delivery? I've been through a regular delivery, a c-section due to breach and an emergency c-section...none were quiet. This is just wrong. An important part of the journey is to express your emotion and excitement and nervousness as the baby comes into the world.

Secondly, this separation is a horrible thing. How could someone intentionally let their child be separated from them after birth. My daughter was rushed to another hospital after her delivery and except for a minute as they rushed her out in an ambulatory isolet, I did not get to see her or touch her until I checked myself out of the hospital on day 3. I can tell you, there is no torture like not being able to see, touch, smell, nuzzle or nurture your baby after she or he is born. Even worse is the thought that the people who don't matter in this child's life will be the one's to spend that first amazing 24 hours with the baby. This is such an important time for mom and baby. I am so sad for Katie if this story is true. She needs to grow up, be a woman and stand up for herself and her child.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Of course, I'm not entirely sure I'd trust my spiritual life to the author of Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 in the first place.
    Yeah, if I'm going to follow a faith based on Sci-Fi, its at least going to be Star Wars.

Seriously, this sounds so messed up, I can barely comment. Bonding with the mother is very important in the first 24 hours. There have even been studies done about how it can save the lives of preemies to have close contact with the mother. I hope Katie doesn't buy into all of this.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I hope Katie doesn't buy into all of this.
    Unfortunately, I think she does. She is totally brainwashed.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Unfortunately, I think she does. She is totally brainwashed.
    If she has indeed chosen Scientology as her desired "religion" (or as a way of keeping Tom), then she probably wants to do the birth this way, too.

My theory is--he got her pregnant, he's not marrying her before the baby is born (if ever), and he had no concern about adverse affects to her health by dragging her across the world when most doctors say women as pregnant as she is should NOT fly. If that's what Scientology does, then phooey on it.

I wish Katie loved herself and her baby enough to say to him, "You're a Scientologist. I'm a Catholic. I'm not going to try to change you because I know you don't want to practice Catholicism. We're going to have to agree to disagree about religion. If that's a deal breaker, than so be it. But you know what? YOU'RE not giving birth. I am. This 'silent birth' s--t was written by some MAN who never gave birth and probably hates women. I'm going to scream like crazy if I feel like it and I may punch you during the process as well. And you're going to take it like a man. Also, if you take my baby away from me and hide it from me for 24 hours, I will let everyone know you really are gay and that this baby is Chris Klein's."

OK...you know what I mean...

To take a perfectly healthy baby away from his or her mother for a full 24 hours is insane. I could see how if the health of the baby or mother was at issue--then sure, separate them and do whatever you have to do. But otherwise, let the baby bond with its mother, get the nourishments from breast milk and enjoy the amazing result of a most likely gruely and painful delivery.

Not that I have any kids or anything, but if I ever do (knock on wood), I want it to be in a hospital with a doctor and my husband right there with me and my parents and siblings and friends waiting for me in the waiting room to see the newborn (WHO WILL STAY WITH ME)...

This just really ticks me off.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I don't feel bad for katie at all. Especially because i feel that a woman at her age should have it together or at least has got to have bought herself a clue at this point. If not now, when? She's with an controlling, domineering wacko who's passionate about proving how gay he isn't. Not to mentioned being an attention whore and a mouth for her religion and how great it is. If that's so atractive to her then not only does she lack self-esteem, she's not worth a damn!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread