+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 186 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Brooke fights back

Shields: Cruise should stick to aliens

30/05/2005 - 07:58:51 Actress Brooke Shields has lambasted former pal Tom Cruise for criticising her

Actress Brooke Shields has lambasted former pal Tom Cruise for criticising her "misguided" use of drugs to combat her post-natal depression.

Cruise - who claims to have helped people fight drug addictions through his controversial Scientology religion - recently criticised the Suddenly Susan star for becoming dependant on Paxil, following the birth of her daughter Rowan.

But Shields is disgusted by the Top Gun star's "dangerous" comments and took a swipe at his Scientology beliefs, by saying she wouldn't take advice from someone who devotes his life to creatures from outer space.

She fumes: "His comments are dangerous. He should stick to saving the world from aliens.

Shields is currently weaning herself off her medication so she and husband Chris Henchy can have another child.
    http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=144602214&p=y446xz 9zx

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I forgot that i heard about her comments on Inside edition from last friday. If anything she was kind about it. I can't take his shear audacity and utter arrogance. st** tom!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm finding the ongoing retaliation by Brooke Shields absolutely hilarious. Today's news:

Shields Mocks Cruise and Holmes' Romance

Actress Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise's ongoing feud has intensified - after the Suddenly Susan star mocked the16 year age-gap between the actor and his new girlfriend Katie Holmes. Cruise - who has helped people fight drug addictions through his controversial Scientology religion - recently attacked Shields for becoming dependant on anti-depressant Paxil, following the birth of her daughter Rowan. And Shields has continued her war of words against Cruise following his "dangerous" comments, by offering him a child ticket so he can take Holmes to see her in hit London musical Chicago. She says, "If he wants to see Chicago, I've left him two tickets - one adult, one child." The actress recently took a swipe at Cruise's religious beliefs, by saying she wouldn't take advice from someone who devotes his life to aliens.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I'm finding the ongoing retaliation by Brooke Shields absolutely hilarious.
    I just read that over on IMDb a few minutes ago. Brooke Shield has never been one of my favorites, but my respect for her has shot up a huge amount over this war of words.

I know this will probably not be the popular opinion in this thread but after Brooke's initial follows aliens comment she should have let this thing just die down. She has now exacerbated a public fuel and she has done exactly what Tom Cruise himself did, attack another star personally that had nothing to do with her. Her comment about the adult and child tickets pulls Katie Holmes into this stupid fued and as far I have yet to hear Katie Holmes mention Brooke Shields.

Tom Cruise was an idiot for giving advice and his opinion on Brooke's situation but Brooke is making herself look a little immature by her latest dig at him. Brooke is 40 years old but playing a nanner nanner game in the media. Initial response more than appropriate, but continuing the public feud and pulling someone else in it who didn't have anything to do with it quite immature for a 40 year old.

Oh btw, Katie is not the rebound girl for Penelope Cruz, she is actually the rebound from Sophia Vergara who apparently dumped Tom and hooked up on the set with her costar Tyrese Gibson in a movie she was filming. A few weeks later Tom is head over heels in love with Katie. Don't know if the relationship is real or not, I suspect it is, but I do think Katie has propped Tom back up after Sophia dumped him for a younger Tyrese.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Oh btw, Katie is not the rebound girl for Penelope Cruz, she is actually the rebound from Sophia Vergara who apparently dumped Tom and hooked up on the set with her costar Tyrese Gibson in a movie she was filming. A few weeks later Tom is head over heels in love with Katie. Don't know if the relationship is real or not, I suspect it is, but I do think Katie has propped Tom back up after Sophia dumped him for a younger Tyrese.
    Slightly off topic.

But I don't blame Sophia than! I'd hook up with Tyrese the moment he's available myself!

I find the Brooke vs Tom thing kinda entertaining. I'm a little sick of the endless Tom Cruise praise that I hear, its somewhat refreshing to hear someone, other than movie critics, bash him.

I hadn't heard about the Brooke/Tom thing and enjoyed catching up on it here. Good for Brooke! These Scientologists are a bunch of wackos. I'm glad someone in Hollywood has the guts to take them on - even if it's Brooke Shields.

When I heard Tom was dating Sophia Vergara, I thought, 'wow, maybe he's not gay.' That Sophia is some kind of woman, let me tell you. Then she dumped him, and then he's suddenly in love with Katie Holmes. I heard Sophia dumped him due to the Scientology thing - which apparently his other girlfriends/wives have also had issues with. Then again, they knew what they were getting into when they met him.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    I know this will probably not be the popular opinion in this thread but after Brooke's initial follows aliens comment she should have let this thing just die down. She has now exacerbated a public fuel and she has done exactly what Tom Cruise himself did, attack another star personally that had nothing to do with her. Her comment about the adult and child tickets pulls Katie Holmes into this stupid fued and as far I have yet to hear Katie Holmes mention Brooke Shields.

Tom Cruise was an idiot for giving advice and his opinion on Brooke's situation but Brooke is making herself look a little immature by her latest dig at him. Brooke is 40 years old but playing a nanner nanner game in the media. Initial response more than appropriate, but continuing the public feud and pulling someone else in it who didn't have anything to do with it quite immature for a 40 year old.
    I agree. The best thing for all involved would be for this to go away. Neither Tom nor Brooke is looking good anymore.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes a real couple? Riiiigghhht.
    That guy rebounds more then Dennis Rodman........I smell publicity skunk.....I mean stunt!!!

On one hand I agree that Brooke shouldn't have gone a step further in the agruement, she should have made her case and then taken the high road.

On the other hand, I'm delighted with her as I find Tom Cruise a mean sprited crass person for bringing it up in the first place. Talk about taking a shot at someone when they are down. I've never really been a Tom fan but now I can't stand him.

On a radio talk show, the hosts (djs whatever they are called) were discussing Tom and one noted that he had fired some of his long time publicity people recently and that all this may have been avoided if his former handlers were still working with him because clearly he comes accross better when muzzled, controlled and told what to say.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread