+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 186 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Whoever capitalized the names in the title of this thread, thank you. Every time I saw the lower-case title, it made me nuts.

I'm not going to comment on the vitamins as a PPD cure, because I'll lose it and go off on a tangent (those crazy hormones of mine, I guess. ).

As for Katie and Tom, it's just odd. Very odd. I was only half-watching Oprah when he was on, and I didn't hear Oprah introduce Katie - when she came out, I swear that at first I thought she was his daughter and was wondering WTH all the cheering and screaming was all about in the audience. It took a couple of minutes before I clued into who she was. To me, there was a weird asexual energy between the two of them - not dissimilar to the kind between Tom and Oprah, actually. I'm not buying them as a *real* couple.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Having never given birth to a child, and not being a doctor, I would never presume to be in a position to tell women who have, what they should or should not do to help with post-partum depression. What a pompous ass.

Speaking of which, women whom are scientologist don't believe in taking any pain reducing drugs while in labor. It's how kelly preston gave birth.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Speaking of which, women whom are scientologist don't believe in taking any pain reducing drugs while in labor. It's how kelly preston gave birth.
    Do they encourage pain relief for plastic surgery?
    Shouldn't scientologists know that vitamins and alternative medicines can be just as potent if not more potent than manufactured drugs and that many manufactured drugs are based on natural products?

What type of vitamins are they using?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I saw a blurb about that on imdb.com yesterday and just about screamed, Amy Lee! What a self-righteous jerk! Yeah, I wasn't aware that he had gone to medical school either. I think if we compare educations, Brooke's got him beat by a mile. The last time I checked he not only has not carried a child, he hasn't even fathered one. Where does he get off lecturing a woman on how she should be dealing with her post-partum depression? Is "take some" vitamins" just his standard answer? Schizophrenic? Take some vitamins! Chronic and debilitating pain? Vitamins! Nausea from watching Tom Cruise's movies? VITAMINS!!!

He also made some rather snotty comments about Brooke's career, which I thought were uncalled for. We've all seen Cocktail buddy. Don't be patting yourself on the back too hard there.
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Having never given birth to a child, and not being a doctor, I would never presume to be in a position to tell women who have, what they should or should not do to help with post-partum depression. What a pompous ass.

and

Critical and roseskid, you guys took the words right out of the tips of my fingers!!!

I heard some of his Oprah interview on the radio where he was saying that he's never felt like this before and blah blah blah and all I was thinking was.........so, those years with Nicole.....what?? You felt nothing?? Same thing with Penelope?? I think it's so fake when celebrities do that.

Scientolgists hate anti-depressants of any kind, how can they recruit people if their happy. They are also notorious for protecting homosexuals in show business.

I love how he now has said Nicole Kidman is not a bigot. Great Tom.. just great.

Rumor alert: the gossip segment of the news today said that Tom and Katie are engaged. Apparently it was reported in the NY Post as well.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

A big to every post disparaging TC. I've never been a fan of his particular brand of smarmy earnestness. I once saw a photo of him with a smile so wide I could count all his teeth, pinpoint his beginning gum disease and tell he'd had his tonsils removed.

I'll never believe he and Katie Holmes are a legitimate couple. I smell a little desperation on his part. What better way to prove your virility than to be linked with a babe half your age?

As for the imdb interview, he strikes me as a pompous baboon. I'm appalled that he had the nerve to open his mouth and stick his foot that far in. Then again, I've never been a Tom fan, can you tell?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'm not even gonna touch the Scientology thing, even though I have some very strong views against it. As for Tom and Katie... this is a publicity stunt if I ever saw one.

+ Reply to Thread