+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 186 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Do you believe the rumours that Cruise held "auditions" for the part of his girlfriend/mother-of-his-spawn/wife-to-be? Among the contenders were people like Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff -- both of whom refused to meet with Cruise?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The contenders were actually, Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson and so on. Not teeny Boppers.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Kao
    I feel a little bad for her.

It's a well known fact that Katie Holmes has said that her first celeb crush was Tom Cruise and when she was a little girl she wanted to marry him. Furthermore, this is a girl who has had a few very long-term BFs and not a lot of experience on how an older man can try to manipulate you. If I was her father, I would be concerned too. You're a parent for the rest of your life...it doesn't matter if the children are grown.

And what they see is that their daughter disappeared for 2 weeks and when she reappeared she was engaged, she's now knocked up, refusing to get married in her church and instead is getting married in a church that is considered a cult. The fiance is a control freak who doesn't even let you near your own child without either himself or a "handler" nearby, and to top it all off you're worried about your grandbaby's health. He has more than a few valid concerns about this union. This is a man who deliberately filed for divorce ithin a certain deadline so his then wife could not get a bigger piece of his fortune, and then within a week was dating his costar. This is a man who has ALWAYS overlapped his lovers/wives, has been married 2 times, and is known for being a control freak. There is no way in hell I could keep silent about such a relationship if my child was in it. And now there's a grandchild involved. I can understand why her dad is snapping about it.

Tom should CRUISE into outer space and leave everyone alone. The planet will get along without him just fine. Thank you very much.

And Katie needs to get off this SINKIN BOAT and get her feet on solid ground.!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Even if Katie realise that he is a control freak and trying to get her to join a cult, it's too late. They are going to have a baby (if Tom doesn't harm it with his home sonogram machine) and once you have a baby you are linked forever, no matter of your relationship.

Maybe Katie's postponing the wedding in case Tom pulls another married for ten years then divorce so he won't have to share his money. If she's postponing the marriage she will be with him for longer...

It's never too late or too early to get out of a bad relationship. Baby or no Baby. It's not just the two of you any more.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I feel a little bad for her.

If I was her father, I would be concerned too. You're a parent for the rest of your life...it doesn't matter if the children are grown.

And what they see is that their daughter disappeared for 2 weeks and when she reappeared she was engaged, she's now knocked up, refusing to get married in her church and instead is getting married in a church that is considered a cult. The fiance is a control freak who doesn't even let you near your own child without either himself or a "handler" nearby, and to top it all off you're worried about your grandbaby's health. He has more than a few valid concerns about this union. This is a man who deliberately filed for divorce ithin a certain deadline so his then wife could not get a bigger piece of his fortune, and then within a week was dating his costar. This is a man who has ALWAYS overlapped his lovers/wives, has been married 2 times, and is known for being a control freak. There is no way in hell I could keep silent about such a relationship if my child was in it. And now there's a grandchild involved. I can understand why her dad is snapping about it.
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I do feel sorry for Katie and this mess she has herself in. I think she is in love with him and is blind-sided by all the attention and his self-proclaimed god-like status. Hopefully, with time, she will snap out of it. I wonder what Nicole's parents thought about Tom?

At our local theatre, they previewed a bit of Mission Impossible and when Tom appeared on screen, people started booing.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    It's never too late or too early to get out of a bad relationship. Baby or no Baby. It's not just the two of you any more.
    What I meant was that no matter if they have a relationship or not he will still have a big influence in her and her baby's life, and can still control them even if they are not together.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Honestly, I can't get over him emphasizing how much he loves women.(he overstated it in an article last year) Hell, i don't believe him because if it's true it's true, things such as that are obvious to the point where they need not be stated.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Talk about further pissing off her holy roller parents.
    To tell you the truth, I thought that maybe part of the pissing off was based on Mr. Holmes' legal opinions as to pre-nuptial agreements. He definitely is not going to let TC run roughshod over his daughter and make her sign a document that is not in her best interests. Tom probably expected Mr. Holmes to kowtow to him as perhaps other Hollywood type attorneys have in the past.

I'm sure that the Holmes parental units are not happy about having their child have a child out of wedlock, but they might still think that it's a better deal than rushing into a marriage with an individual who acts as loopy as Tom Cruise.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread