+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Interesting thing I found out last night: one of my best friends lives in Toledo and she's friends and walking partners with Katie's aunt, apparently. Apparently the aunt and uncle don't buy the relationship, either.

The aunt also said that Katie is even more sweet, wholesome, and down to earth than she appears on television.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I honestly don't buy it. Essentially because of how opena nd showy he's being about this. Holmes doesn't strike me as the attention w***e type but you may never know. As i said, she just came off a 5 yr relationship and this i dont think is more than just publicity/rebound type thing.

Also, i had no idea He was an MD. He was arrogant enough to criticize Brooke Shield for taking prescription drugs over taking regular vitamins. You tell her tom, after all, you know eveything since you're a doctor and all. Scientology seems to do wonder for him:p
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I think Tom Cruise is putting on the best acting job of his career. With how private he was about Nicole... and how silent and secretive he was about Penelope... there is absolutely NO way that he would be this open this quickly with Katie.

I taped Oprah but haven't watched it yet. But the clips I've seen with him jumping up and down off of the couch just looked so contrived. Does anyone jump down onto the floor and pump their fist just to demonstrate how happy they are? If so, that explains why my last relationship didn't work out.

It was obviously a put on by him. Before this i couldn't stand him still.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Also, i had no idea He was an MD. He was arrogant enough to criticize Brooke Shield for taking prescription drugs over taking regular vitamins. You tell her tom, after all, you know eveything since you're a doctor and all. Scientology seems to do wonder for him:p
    I saw a blurb about that on imdb.com yesterday and just about screamed, Amy Lee! What a self-righteous jerk! Yeah, I wasn't aware that he had gone to medical school either. I think if we compare educations, Brooke's got him beat by a mile. The last time I checked he not only has not carried a child, he hasn't even fathered one. Where does he get off lecturing a woman on how she should be dealing with her post-partum depression? Is "take some" vitamins" just his standard answer? Schizophrenic? Take some vitamins! Chronic and debilitating pain? Vitamins! Nausea from watching Tom Cruise's movies? VITAMINS!!!

He also made some rather snotty comments about Brooke's career, which I thought were uncalled for. We've all seen Cocktail buddy. Don't be patting yourself on the back too hard there.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was also really offended.

While I think it's true that some doctors are a little trigger happy with their prescription hand, I think there is a huge benefit to medication for PPD and other clinical depressive disorders. I'm not going to discount the value of vitamins, but they can only do so much.

I've always found Cruise to be overrated. I disagree a million percent that he's the greatest movie star of ALL TIME.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Did he make the comments on Oprah or in the article, what a jerk to assume you know how to treat someones medical problems. What blood tests did he run to know if she was even had a vitamin diffencey.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    Did he make the comments on Oprah or in the article, what a jerk to assume you know how to treat someones medical problems. What blood tests did he run to know if she was even had a vitamin diffencey.
    It's wasn't on Oprah. I read about it on imdb.com - http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-05-25/#3. I love the part where he says there's no science behind chemical imbalances! What as ass.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

right not science except SCIENTOLOGY!!! Lets see him lose a limb and see if all he wants is vitamins!

Probably not with diabetes either!

Ok wow I just went and read it and WOW, what a complete idiot. Obviously Brooke tried everything before using Paxil and OBVIOUSLY she got better using the drug. She is apparently over the tempoary stage and is getting off the medication as she should be now that she doesn't need it. What a jerk, lets put mental health issues back into the shame and stigma it's all in your head era.

I wonder what vitamin you can take for Manic Depression or schitzophrenia, or perhaps anxiety, B-12, E, C? Geeze I hope noone who actually needs the medication listens to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I was also really offended.

While I think it's true that some doctors are a little trigger happy with their prescription hand, I think there is a huge benefit to medication for PPD and other clinical depressive disorders. I'm not going to discount the value of vitamins, but they can only do so much.

I've always found Cruise to be overrated. I disagree a million percent that he's the greatest movie star of ALL TIME.
    Great just what new mom's who have post partum depression need, Tom Cruise critizing them.

And I do agree on his being over rated. He isn't that good. While I like some of his movies other ones I sit and watch and thing to myself "oh there is Tom Cruise trying to be..." He never seems to lose himself in the role. He is just his usually pretty boy self.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread